Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official - Christian Vieri will stay at Inter Milan next season.
Massimo Moratti, the team's president has himself announced this decision after a long meeting with Lazio's President Sergio Cragnotti.
Despite his counterpart's insistence, Moratti made it very clear that he is not interested in giving the player away. Carton was practically ready to give Inter Milan any player of their choice (and Moratti was tempted by the idea of having Juan Sebastian Veron in Milan), plus a huge amount of money (Inter Milan paid Lazio 45 million dollars last year to get Vieri), but the answer was still no.
It's the player himself who decided to turn down Lazio's super offer. His troubled parting from the Rome squad and particularly from Cragnotti, with whom he had a fight before going away, was probably the reason why Vieri decided to turn down one of Italy's strongest teams.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Wow, "to choose any player" from lazio.... DAMN, that's a mighty tempting offer!!

-Veron, Almeyda, Simeone...Salas....Nesta...NESTA?!

Can't believe we turned down the offer :(, nah, just kidding, vieri is about to partner SUKUR, RONALDO, RECOBA, MUTU , ZAMORANO(maybe) I'd be excited if i was him.

Think about the partners in Lazio: Salas, Inzaghi, Ravenelli...

I mean, who would you choose?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a pretty tempting offer..But as it states that V32 said it himself his will is not to leave..I hope this attitude shows his dedication to INTER with the new players arriving>

S

·
0 Posts
After all the rumors of Lazio players leaving these weeks, Inter's president said yesterday after the negotiations of Peruzzi and Vieri that Cragnotti consider most players at Lazio as not for sale.

Inter President Moratti: "We finalized the move of Peruzzi to Lazio. I am sorry that he is going to leave us after only one season but he has done very well for us and we will remember him."

Moratti about Vieri: "Lazio asked to get him but we have no intention of selling Vieri. We discussed about possible exchanges but Cragnotti said he wouldn't let Salas go. I think Cragnotti wants to keep Salas."

Moratti about other Lazio players: "Veron? No, we didn't even discuss about him because he is not for sale. Baronio? To me it looks like Lazio wants to keep their players. And I can't blame them because they have great players and have just won the league title so there shouldn't be any reason to change very much."

You can only dreaming about having anyone of our players except a bald 36-year-old keeper.

Forza Cragnotti

P

·
0 Posts
I used to always hear that Inter is negotiating with Lazio to get a few players and this seems to be dead now. I'm happy that Vieri is staying (thank god) but who is Inter getting, apart from Sukur.

The talks about Fiore seem to be gone now as well, he's unbelievable in the Euro 2000 squad and he will be great in the Inter team

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think that Vieri's choice was a an excellent one.
It was so because of many reasons but mainly because
He didn't team up with R9 a lot this season .
That was as we all know was due to them both being
injured a lot this season . Anyway I hope to see
them siding together next year to help Inter win
serie A & THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE .

FORZA INTER ******

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now this is getting ridiculous:Cragnotti still wants $50 Vieri ««
Despite Inter chief Massimo Moratti saying Christian Vieri is going nowhere, Sergio Cragnotti is determined to bring the player back to Rome.
Cargnotti wants to make Lazio virtually invincible and is tempting Inter Milan with an offer that Lippi and Moratti are seriously thinking about accepting.
Even if after Tuesday's meeting it seemed that Inter Milan had finally closed every door for Vieri's transfer, now Lazio is offering the Milan squad a deal worth $50 million.
Lazio is ready to give up Roberto Baronio, the U-21 European Champion whom Lippi is said to be keen on, and Chilean star striker Marcelo Salas who has scored
more that 40 goals in two seasons.
Massimo Moratti hasn't given an answer yet and is going to talk it over with coach Marcello Lippi who seems in favour of a swap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Damn, what a bunch of stubburn *******s. Gees, stop tempting our president already....

I still think Lippi and Moretti would be firm about keeping Vieri, because they already thought of the possibilities of Lazio's offer. The only player that they seemed to be intertested is Veron, and he is not available anyway. They would 've looked soooo stupid if they except their offer after they've been standing firm with the deal.

Veron, Nesta, and Salas + 20 million$ and 65 million $ to each Inter fan + 85% of all Lazio's stocks and we will think about it.

Hands off Lazyo

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant agree with you More>Pres!!!!
I really hope they stand firm..
This is getting pathetic!!!!!!!:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
damn right vieri stays.....by the way, if he doesn't hit top form this season we're gonna be lookin' real stupid :)

but i have faith in V32........he'll prove me wrong!!

but moratti made a great choice since we're already short of R9 for a while.....although i'd love to see the money for vieri go into a future elber-ronaldo partnership....SCARY............

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Elber and R9 up front for INTER? Really? HA.....hilarious....

That would be embarassing. Elber has nothing compared to Vieri. Elber is not even in Mutu's class. Elber is about 28 and still has not shown his class at the top level.

Amoroso is a much better partner for R9 anyway.

As for R9....its time we stop talking about him.

Vieri? Well........i will not say a thing about Vieri's loyalty to INTER until i see him kick the ball for us on October first in Serie A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts