Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They need Pancaro because they are afraid that he will score more important goals against them next season :) :)

A swap Almeyda - Marchegiani - Salas for Vieri - Peruzzi is ok to me (although i hate people to leave..) but Pancaro stays if it was up to me !

I

·
0 Posts
There are talks about Vieri coming back with Peruzzi. Instead Inter will get Pancaro, Almeyda, Marchegiani, and Salas.

Comment:
Its in my opinion a good swap, but Pancaro? we have short of Defenders and with Pancaro to Inter Lazio must bring 2-3 defenders.
All respect to our defence from this year but Miha aint getting younger.

Vieri is welcommed and Peruzzi? well we neede a goalkeeper and he's the greatest in Italy.

I hope this is true.

Indobirale

Lazio
4ever

B

·
0 Posts
pancaro go to inter..no,i cant accept that.he is one of best player in lazio and he work so hard winning schudetto..it is not fair.i think lazio must not sell any players.because they won serie-a..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
It sounds like a very bad deal to me !!

Let´s look at this money wise: Almeyda is surely worth as much as Stankovic and Inter offered 25 $ for Stankovic, there is an offer from Chelsea for around 17£ that translates into 26.4 $ and throw in Pancaro who is a national player in the Azzuri squad and you have a sucicide deal ?!?!

Vieri is turining 28, he´s injured all the time unlike Salas who is never injured ( Almeyda is also prone to injuries ) and Pancaro who is never injured ?!?! There is no way a deal like this will go down since Cragnotti is way to good as a business man and if I can do the math so can he.

A likely deal: Salas + Almeyda -> Inter
Vieri + money -> Lazio

It figures because Salas is 25 and is has had 1 great season and 1 good season in Serie A. Almeyda has had 3 seasons in Serie A one good, one amazing after which he was voted best foregin player, one where he was mainly injured but still great when he played.

Vieri has lately had 1 season where he played 21 games and he was great scoring 13 goals, one season where he played 18 games and scored 12 goals ( or other way around ). Still out of 68 leauge games he played 39 and it´s ridiculous to spend such huge amounts of money on players like that.

Here comes a deal: Keep Salas, buy Jardel and exchange Almeyda for Kily Gonazles or Farinos.

Let Salas - Lopez - Inzaghi and Jardel fight for the striker positions ( and we could even use 3 because Lopez is great on the left wing as a sub for Nedved and then we could have both Inzaghi and Jardel on top ).

Or better yet we could use different tactics in different games. We all know that PL teams are very strong in the air but not so fast and technical on the ground so Jardel wouldn´t be so good against a team like Arsenal ( talking CL games ) like Suker of Galatasary. Instead in that team we´d opt for a more speedier attack with Lopez and Inzaghi.

However if you look at the success of Bierhoff over the years it´s fairly easy to see that Italian teams have problems covering the air. Salas is great with a centertank and Lopez is great with a player like ille ( Inzaghi ).

All logic tells me that 4 strikers of such quality can not be in the same team but it´s more logical then the sucicide deal for Vieri or Rivaldo.

We sold Vieri and laughed when Inter finished joint 4th/5th now let´s not turn the tables.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well svennis, maybe your right. You have been thinking very good about this :). But when we take your likely deal : Salas + Almeyda <--> Vieri + money (what is a very good deal) and we add both keepers to it. Peruzzi (30) for Marchegiani (34). I like Marchegiani very much and he saved us lots of times this year but i consider Peruzzi as a better keeper and he will go on for (let's say) 5 year.
Then we have the deal Salas + Almeyda + Marchegiani for Vieri + Peruzzi . And the money that Inter should give to compensate the first deal will be included in the last one.

Don't get me wrong and think i wanna sell all players. I would rather have that we keep everyone and just buy some usefull players. But it is indicated that Almeyda wants to leave because he doesn't like Erikkson and his rotation system very much. And why keep Stankovic if he doesn't get many chances.. He is a good player but if you don't use him that much you should sell him. Although i would like it more to loan him to another team.

I would sell Almeyda to Inter. It would be a hard decision because he is a good player and when he came back from his injury , Lazio started to play better. We also played good games without him but it will be a loss.

Salas should stay if it was up to me. He is a good player and very loyal to the team. He said that he would love to stay and wouldn't mind to compete with Lopez, Inzaghi, .. for a place in the team. He also puts Lazio above Chili when we needs him badly. Where are you going to find such a player this time ? He also is our topscorer in Serie A. He didn't score that much lately but he will still be usefull. He will be much better next season and we are going to regret it if we sell him to Inter ! I like his fighting spirit very much. To give you one example his goal in Valencia. How many strikers would have scored that, well i didn't thought he was going to make it after the ball jumped away but he gave everything to get it. And that with all the critics he has had he still gave 100 % of itself , pure class i think

Instead of spending so much money on Vieri we should maybe try to get another striker. Vieri is superb but the money we should give is crazy. I am going with your idea to buy Jardel. Who is the same type of Vieri. And scores very easily. He has the EU passport and is a scoring 'machine' ..
He would perfectly fit in Lazio. With our wings we can easily let Jardel score.. When he turns out to be great wouldn't it have a great impact also in Brazil ? A Brazilian forward who scores a lot in one of Europe's best teams (well, actuelly the best team ;) ) .. Not that much as Rivaldo probably but i'm just trying to convince you all :)
Second choice would be Palermo. What about him when he is back after his injury ?

With an attack Lopez - Salas - Inzaghi - Jardel/X we are stronger then this season ! And i think we can have such 4 strikers in Lazio.. It isn't that much you know. What if we have an injury or suspension ? 3 strikers is not enough and they should all be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts