Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lippi stays at Inter, Vieri and Peruzzi too
Marcello Lippi will continue to coach Inter in the next season as well. The decision was announced by Inter's chairman Massimo Moratti after a morning meeting with the manager. The announcement put the word over to the rumours of last weeks. Probably in the choice of Lippi it was important the qualification to Champions League after the Tuesday night playoff against Parma, won 3-1 by Inter.

"We'll proceed with Lippi as coach" Moratti said, Ansa reports.

Besides Moratti added Lippi confirmed to be a fair person and that during the meeting there were even some talks about the plans for the next season.

In a press conference held in the early afternoon Lippi said "I never thought to leave Inter: neither before the meeting of this morning with the president and despite what asserted by papers and media in these weeks".

Lippi continued "If on Tuesday night we had lost with Parma, nothing would be changed for me, just for the plans of the club. I just wanted to have the club more from my side, not always give the impression it was just the coach to be angry for the poor results we got".

If to keep alive the relationship with Roberto Baggio and Alvaro Recoba seems very difficult, Lippi said that Christian Vieri and Angelo Peruzzi will stay at Inter; and probably even Sebastien Frey, who is coming back in the team after an year on loan to Verona. Finally the coach added he never heard about an offer of Inter for Gabriel Batistuta.

Even more bad news. It looks like both Peruzzi and Frey stays at Inter. Which in all probability will mean that Lazio will make a (successful) bid for Buffon. But as always, they will have to make a huge bid for Tanzi to accept. Maybe we could get a midfielder from Lazio in exchange?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I will never believe that Frey AND Peruzzi will stay at Inter.No way! A firm bid for Frey and Inter will brake up...

Besides,I can see another target.Dida just got an E?U passport and Milan will sign him.Try to bid for Abbiati or even Dida.None of them will ever accept to be second choice.

Just stay away from the likes of Antonioli and Marcheggiani.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... Milan and Inter both overstocking goalkeepers? I'd take any of those four, even if I don't know a thing about Dida. Peruzzi would be great too BTW. I just hope that Parma management doesn't screw up again by signing Marchegiani in part exchange...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'm 90% sure that Parma management will screw it up and take Marcheggiani.I could never be more sure about a thing.

We are falling apart....

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't Tanzi and the transfer boys have ANYTHING behind their forehead? Surely they must understand that Marchegiani isn't Parma material? If they won't I must say that I will be very disappointed.

Amoroso, please don't give up on us just yet. We're yet to see any departure so I guess there's still hope. Even the Crespo to Juventus deal is far from reality. Anything could still happen. Although I pray that they spare Thuram and Cannavaro more than the others.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
If we sell buffon and Frey is not availeble
for sale we could take SCARPI i think he has done very well at Cagliari and i think
could be quit a suprise!
otherwise maby Taibi or Turci or a forgain
keeper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts