Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Currently- I would have to say Vieri is the more dominant player of the two, simply because he adds more charachter and determination to his side. As far as scoring goals goes- they are both monsters and I wouldn't know how to rate one higher than the other.
Vieri rarely falls out of matches, and Trez sadly has that tendency unless he's supplied with crosses or throughballs.

For now... Vieri, but in the long run I'm glad we have Trezeguet instead, because he's much more naturally gifted, has lots of time to improve even more, isn't as injury prone and is making the best introduction as a striker in serie A I've seen bar Ronaldo and Sheva.

Forza "Roí David"

Ciao.

·
Registered
429 Posts
vieri has more presence in the box because of his size and strength which he uses well to hold up the play or keep the defenders at a distance. however, my personal preference is trezeguet. he is more gifted naturally i believe, and is younger. he is sublime now, wait until he is fully matured and you will be witnessing a legend in the making!!! his rating of 19 international goals for france in 25 appearances is one of the best stats of any player. ever!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Vieri is a great player and at the age of 28 or 29, he is at his peak. so what you witness with vieri now is the best you are really going to see. he scores every game he plays in as well. A real champion striker.

TRez is only 24, he has won a world cup and a euro cup and has played CL etc...basically since he was 18. he has already proven that he is one of the best in the world. what we see now, which is basically him scoring every game he plays including the CL. what we see now is just a glimpse of what he might actually turn into at the peak of his career.

one more thing, trezeguet became a star way younger than vieri. vieri was like 24 when he actually started getting a game for juve. trez was 18 playing for monaco and scoring goals.

i would have them both.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Trez...

Considering the weakness of our bench, I'm super-happy we didn't swap Trez for Vieri - Vieri is out through injury way too often.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Though I consider Treze the super-pupper striker, I really doubt him being better than Vieri. Maybe they score the same, but Vieri is stronger and I think his ball control ability is much better than Treze's.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
I prefer Bobo.

I have seen both play many times..and Bobo is obviously the more impressive of the two.

Inter's and Italia's talisman.
yes he is injury prone and that takes away a bit. However, when one puts complete faith in Bobo to get the job done..it's the greatest gift to see him repay that faith.

He is stronger and i believe he is more technically gifted. Better ball control for instance and dribbling skills puts him above Trez.

Some of his games for lazio really reall took my breath away. Salas and Bobo combining....jeez louise quite impressive indeed.

hopefully trez will combine with Salas next year

But as pointed out...trez is younger...but i don't know how much longer he will be in Juventus(can't say Turin anymore). he has no real loyalty to the team

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
One thing I simply cant stand is when people say this or that player has no loaylty to the team.

Has Trez proven disloyalty on the pitch ? Has he spoken out against Lippi decisions ? Does he shout at teammates ? Does he give the impression of being bad for team chemistry ?

What on earth is this based on ?

What he has done is complain about never starting last season, when Pippo and Del Piero were stalling. Then he got injured and didn't say anything, started the last 6 and scored 8 goals.
Management identifyed that they could not expect to keep him on the bench, and thus sold Pippo because Trez is twice the player Pippo will ever be (even if I adore him).
Did you expect a record purchace (at the time) to just bide his time quietly on the bench all season ? ... and more over- if Vieri was in the same position- what would he do ? What would every superstar do, because THAT is what he is.

I agree that Vieri is currently better and makes a bigger impact when fit, but you can argue that without putting down Trez for something that may origin from a Onefootball.com article or something :rolleyes: .
Vieri's loyalty has, for years, been directed at his vallet.

We have the most prolific young striker here. He scores an amazing quantity of goals in serie A, in CL and for his NT where he has the best goal to game ratio ever.

What's next- someone putting down Tudor for lashing out at Lippi ? Anyone with a little pride would have done the same.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Vieiri may be better but I would still want Trezeguet at Arsenal more than Vieiri. When Vieiri was 24 he wasn't as good as the Trezeguet of today. Trez can only get better and he will be one of the best strikers in the world along with Henry, of course.
Also Trezeguet is my tip for top goalscorer in the World Cup this year!
Come on France!

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
First of all Trez did complain about being benched and he obviously did say that if he had known what was to come(referring to last season's spell on the bench) he would not have signed. Several other comments like that followed before he recanted(even ZZ had to block for him and use age as a defence for his comments). This is no big deal for me.. ofcourse any player worth anything should fight for his place.

Obviously i must be wrong since i am sure that i do not know a thing.
anyhow about the word loyalty... Bobo is very nomadic but what is the point of mentioning this? My previous post mailnly dealt with Vieri and i only mentioned Trez once without bashing him or pointing to any real or imagined weaknesses.I hope u are right and Trez stays at Juve for many years to come.. . and is willing to endure the good times with the bad. He is young though and a swift and profitable move away to some other title contending team in another league is possible. Maybe he has hinted to this and i have read it somewhere..but then again maybe ise can't reads or writes too good and ise not know what words is and ise can't use critical thinking due to my poor edumacation. Loyalty...maybe i should not have condensed my train of thoughts into one word. I should have simply stated that in MY opinion Bobo is BETTER and that his age might have played a part in him finishing at Juventus, while Inzaghi x2 Trez might move on for a scenery change, or new challenge(God fobid ofcourse) in due course.

edited version... ***But as pointed out...trez is younger...but i don't know how much longer he will be in Juventus(can't say Turin anymore). ***

Now ofcourse my football knowledge is not as grand as others and i do not purport to know everything. Therefore when such established and informed members claim that Trez never complains and never yells and scores alot is twice the quality of Inzaghi and as a record purchase couldn't be expected to be on the bench i must humbly apologise for any offense or mistakes i may have made in my statement.

May Trezeguet play many successful years for Juve and may his first and our 26th championship come very soon. May the entire gist of my first post be finally understood for what it was and is..my simple and deserved opinion that Vieri is better than Trezeguet. Vieri therefore has 4 times more quality than the last Juve number 9 who has nothing to do with this topic at all.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I don't understand the need for sarcasm here.
When I disagree with you or anyone else I say it. I don't understand why any kind of seniority has to matter, or be made the target of your sarcasm. I do not force my belives onto you, but if I cannot disagree and say why- then what's the point ?

I think you used the statement- "he has no loyalty to the team" to underline you belief that Vieri is better.

I agree with you that Vieri is currently better, but loyalty shouldn't have to be a point here. If it's just a by-line to the argument- then my perception was wrong.

For me- it just doesn't change my belief that it's wrong to question the commitment of a player to the club.

It's also true that Trez did not like it on the bench and said so.
I just don't see why he should put aside his individual aspirations in his first season here. I also cannot see why any other player in his position would/should accept the bench quietly either.

He is not Birindelli. He is the man who scored the EURO winner, and was Juventus' biggest ever signing at the time, and he produced when he was started.

Since being assured of his place as a starter, he has spoken nothing but admiration for the shirt. If you put other star strikers on the bench- you'll hear moaning too.

Why is he disloyal ? Is Iuliano disloyal for saying he wants a transfer if he's not getting to play regularly next year ? Because that's what he said earlier on in the season when he wasn't playing much. I don't think he is.

Players have to think of their carriers too, and saying that they're disloyal in my opinion takes quite a bit of offence from the player.
Moreover- I don't quite see how perceived loyality from players adds up with that of the fans. I for one will support "my" players until something else is proven to me.

That's what I reacted against.

Ciao.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Yes the loyalty bit was an after thought. and not that he doesn't appreciate Juve.. which i thought i explained in my response to ur first post but that he is young and can move on.

To make it clear yet again. my post was about Vieri Vieri Vieri Vieri Vieri.
Trez had a small part to the end when i made a mistake....as i already admitted and stated he was not loyal. I edited my version and i'll put it again

edited version... ***But as pointed out...trez is younger...but i don't know how much longer he will be in Juventus(can't say Turin anymore). ***

Which means Vieri is older and any move to Juventus would have probably seen him end his career at Juve , while Trez who is a terrible destroyer is on the wanted list of every major club and could be lured away with the proper motivation. (this doesn't reflect anything on him as it didn't reflect anything on Zizou...) (as a double afterthought...i am sure there are players who would not move unless they were wanted out..regardless of other offers)

IT Has nothing to do with is character...yet again i will reiterate(hopefully this time u will read and understand what i am saying)P.S i am not being sarcastic or trying to attack u. it's just that since we can't speak face to face and u can't hear my voice it's harder to accept that i am serious and not being ridiculous. double P.S capitalisations only signify slow even voiced words

I WAS WRONG TO USE THE WORD LOYAL . I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!!

I SIMPLY MEAN HE HAS A GREATER CHANCE OF LEAVING JUVE THAN VIERI HAD HE SIGNED.

I don't know if u realise i was agreeing with u when i said it's ok to fight for your right to play especially when deserving

This is no big deal for me.. ofcourse any player worth anything should fight for his place.
Therefore u bringing Birendelli into the topic as u previously brought Inzaghi,who is half as talented as Trez (ur mean to poor Pippo) is totally irrelevant.

Bringing Juliano in is therefore equally irrelevant(even though any manager willing to bench Juliano should be keelhauled) to our topic.

Now Glen i know your problem.

don't worry.

U are knowledgeable in the ways of football and that tends to leave u with alot of ideas as it were and alot of points to make. However, you need to stick to the topic because as much as i respect ur previous worthy insights and as much as i look forward to your other levelheaded posts u completely lost what i am saying.
(not your fault since i did make a mistake with the word loyal)

thus sold Pippo because Trez is twice the player Pippo will ever be
this is completely uncalled for and has no relevance to the discussion( yes Glen...it hurt me deeply that u would be so callous to Pippo:D :dazed: ;)

That is ok though.. not many people accepted him and understood his worth even though you claim to adore him previous posts may tend to leave a diferent picture..
That is forgiveable hahahahaha

That is ok..but... but

BUT U DID MAKE ME VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY ANGRY IN YOUR POST... AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT..AND IF U EVER DO IT AGAIN THE CONSEQUENCES WILL BE DIRE(NEVER EVER EVER MENTION THE LIKES OF BIRENDELLI WITH JULIANO;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :rolleyes: )

sorry about seeming sarcastic earlier though

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Vieri is better now, but he is older, trezeguet has got many years to improve, and sooner rather than later, trezeguet will be better than Vieri.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trezegoal ...

Trezegoal is the future of France, juve, and Soccer ...

Virei is old man :mad:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
VIERI!!!!!
Trez sure makes a lot of goals and he's a great finisher, but that's all he does!
Trez can't fend for himself, he cannot create, he doesn't dribble, he's not strong..........and the list goes on....and on.....and on.
For all the people who said Trez is more naturally gifted than Vieri:
You guys maybe have some screws lose!
And eventhough he's still young, there is no way in hell that he'll be able to suddenly develop an ability that he doesn't have right now. You either have it or you don't!
Just put Trez in Vieri's shoes, this season......when Recoba cannot play, Seedorf was still a mess & Conceicao, well even now he's still a mess .....but Vieri still made 21 goals! If it was Trez playing for Inter, I don't think he'll score more than 10 goals w/ that condition.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Goonermc said:
Vieiri may be better but I would still want Trezeguet at Arsenal more than Vieiri. When Vieiri was 24 he wasn't as good as the Trezeguet of today.
DDDUUUHHHH!!!!!
AS FOR YOU RECORDS:
At age 24, Vieri was the topscorer of SPANISH LA LIGA! I believed he scored 22 goals in 22 games!
Not to mention he scored 5 goals in the WC 98!
So now you tell me, who's better????
Besides this season Vieri scored a goal more than Trez w/ much less games than Trez!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts