Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I respect Vieri because of his past. I know that one day he was one of the top finishers in the world. But in the last two seasons Vieri has been nothing but a joke. He had a run of good games in January, but for me it's not enough when you compare to what Adriano did early on the season. Every decent CF will have one month playing well if you insist on him for a whole season. Even Cruz would have done what Vieri did if he was Mancini's lover.

Last season Vieri was also terrible, with that "problems with Zaccheroni" BS to make it seem like his bad form was due to problems out of field. What about Euro? Why did he play so badly there? What's the excuse?

We are not talking about a team who has Delvecchio and Simone Inzaghi as other forward options, we're talking about a team which has Adriano and Martins, two young and top players on the bench. Recoba with less time did more than Vieri this season, and even if I'm not biased for Chino, he's a much better partner for Adriano than Bobo is now.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Exactly! Bobo is a legend no doubt and I respect him but I say even Cruz-Recoba would of been better against Milan. Mancini needs to stop this and do whats best for the team. Vieri can score inside the box but when you have players that can do that plus are faster or better on the ball more intelligent etc like Adriano Martins Recoba and even Cruz would of been better to link up with Martins if your talkinh about doing the balls through etc.

Bobo is a box striker and IMO Adriano regardless if he in form or not should be ahead of him as he is better on the ball. I won't be suprised if Adriano left unless Mancini changes his ways. Adriano is no Henry and he should be not played out of position just to fit Vieri in.

btw don't get me wrong Vieri scoring is no suprise and he will probably score goals against Lecce etc but you have guys that don't have anywhere near his minutes this season but are more effective allround. Against a team like Milan you need to do the best partnership as a coach and not your favourite.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Adriano is really out of form, Mancio did the right thing benching him. Vieri is washed up. Recoba - Martins would be my prefered starting strikers or ever Adriano - Matrins with Recoba tucked in behind them.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Why is Vieri a joke? the men is close to retirement and none is pointing a gun at the coach to play him. And as for Recoba, he was never the same big game player Vieiri was and will probably never be, he only plays well when everything goes right

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It doesn't help when Adriano is played out of position though, He should be in the middle troubling the defenders and waiting for service. Even if he is not having a good form shootingwise he can always do this and it will create so much space for the other 2nd forward. Thats why AdrianoRecoba worked so well at the end of last season. Vieri is never a second striker. Martins can do it but Recoba has the touch vision skill and shot that Martins hasn't got so it should be Adriano-Recoba but I'd put Martins and Cruz as a second striker anyday before Vieri.

Listen I don't care about Inter but its not only Recoba who is losing something here, We could be seeing brilliant things with Adriano-Recoba but Mancini wants Vieri as a 2nd striker against Milan. I mean its complete madness!

(Liternit you would play Vieri as a 2nd forward ahead of Recoba? Dude even if you have your preferances with players that isn't even a argument)

·
4,108 Posts
Faisal said:
Listen I don't care about Inter but its not only Recoba who is losing something here....
Then why do you keep posting here?

If you did care about Inter you would know that Adriano has played like absolute shite in 2005 and doesn't deserve to start. In the game against Porto he was garbage in every position where he recieved the ball .... he looked like an amatuer. I have never seen a striker play that piss poor in a Champions League match ... he looked like he was in a different world.

I have nothing against Adriano and I'm confident he'll recapture his form but he's shouldn't be a automatic starter when we have so many strikers to choose from.

And Recoba over Martins as a starter? Come on man, Martins has been consistent and in great form , it would be insane not to start him.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Faisal said:
(Liternit you would play Vieri as a 2nd forward ahead of Recoba? Dude even if you have your preferances with players that isn't even a argument)
No I wouldnt play Vieri, but to say he is a joke is not right. The truth is Inter lacks someone to play with Adriano, I don´t think Recoba can hold a season and Martins just plays with his head down, he is not good to be a support forward. So its either Martins or Adriano as a CF.

Adriano/Martins needs someone like Recoba, someone with more flair. But how many times does Recoba needs to dissapear in games before someone else is bought for the position?

Just make a way to play with a single forward, but then you also lack key players in the midfield.

·
4,108 Posts
Liternit said:
.......but then you also lack key players in the midfield.
:rollani:

Veron, Stankovic, Cambiasso ,Zanetti, Davids, Emre, Kily, VDM = best midfield in Europe on paper.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Liternit said:
No I wouldnt play Vieri, but to say he is a joke is not right. The truth is Inter lacks someone to play with Adriano, I don´t think Recoba can hold a season and Martins just plays with his head down, he is not good to be a support forward. So its either Martins or Adriano as a CF.

Adriano/Martins needs someone like Recoba, someone with more flair. But how many times does Recoba needs to dissapear in games before someone else is bought for the position?

Just make a way to play with a single forward, but then you also lack key players in the midfield.

OMG so when Recoba has a below par game he is benched but when others have many of them they gets away with it? Listen Recoba never gets a whole season as a second striker in all these years apart from at Venezia.

You want to talk about time, Well last season he played 1001 minutes in SerieA and scored 8 goals and 11 assists better minute per goal ratio than any other Inter player. This season he has played 1100 minutes and has 6 goals and 8 assists whilst Stankovic has 2700 minutes and has 6 goals and 11 assists. So basically he contributes as much as others who have played more in this season than he has played in this season and last season put together!

Adriano I know your not a big fan of him but if he played along side Recoba this season, Nobody would be dissapointed over the course of 35-40 games. Sure Adriano isn't in his greatest form but he will give alot as a out and out striker even if he doesn't score. Plus with Recoba there there is more chance of him getting the service to get his goal

·
Registered
46,515 Posts
I admire Vieri for his attitude. He may be having a few problems scoring now but he's not letting it get to him too much. He's actually changed his game. From being the guy who used to get the ball and shoot on sight (some shots were ridiculous but he'd get his goal sooner or later), he now is more patient and is content to set others up or set others up to set him up. He's matured a lot as a player.

Although Recoba should be given a chance, the Vieri-Martins combo that night made more sense than having either Adriano (off-form) or Cruz (who was recovering from the flu).

But speaking of Martins, he seems to be going through a slightly bad patch as well. Not really in terms of goals, but for some odd reason, he doesn't seem to be able to carry the ball as well as he used to. Not slamming him or anything - just an observation.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Adriano should be an automatic striker even if he is suffering a bad period of form. Why? Because he can change a match in a second. 3-4 subpar matches are nothing compared to Vieri's subpar last season. Vieri cant dribble past defenders like Nesta and Maldini, and the only reason I bailed myself out of the derby bet is because Vieri was set to start ahead of Adriano. I knew we couldn't win with Vieri-Martins. Nesta, Maldini & Co can only be handled by technical guys like Adriano and Recoba.

Anyways, calling Vieri a joke makes a joke out of you. No offense to you Roberto Gallo, but the guy deserves respect and calling a former world-class player like him a joke is going over the line and only people with no respect for the game would say that. For the sake of football, take that back.

Its true that Vieri is going down the hill right now, and its true that we have much better strikers around, but the guy is doing his job by making himself ready for whenever the coach calls him into action. What do you want him to do? Refuse to play? The guy gave his best against Milan, but it was Mancini's fault for trying to make a second striker out of him.

·
Registered
46,515 Posts
Faisal said:
You want to talk about time, Well last season he played 1001 minutes in SerieA and scored 8 goals and 11 assists better minute per goal ratio than any other Inter player. This season he has played 1100 minutes and has 6 goals and 8 assists whilst Stankovic has 2700 minutes and has 6 goals and 11 assists. So basically he contributes as much as others who have played more in this season than he has played in this season and last season put together!
Even though he only started after the Lecce match in November, you can use the 99-00 season to show how well Recoba can perform when he's mostly used as a starter. As for this season, it's actually 6 goals in 1111 minutes, but that's just a small point.

In the Inter-Sampdoria thread, I'm sure I refuted the myth of Recoba's inconsistency. I showed his overall stats, how he performed during a season with Inter when he was played consistently as a starter, his RAI ratings for that season and stats for the current season. Which all point to the conclusion that he's FAR from inconsistent. Which I'll highlight again, for the benefit of Liternit. 6 goals in 1111 minutes roughly equates to 6 goals in just over 12 full matches. When you take into account the fact that he's been mostly used as a sub, that makes it all the more difficult to achieve.

The only inconsistency has to do with how often he is played.

But let's steer the conversation back to Vieri. ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good post Razman, Agreed that its not Vieri thats the joke. Its Mancini playing him there!

Yeah Firduas its the illusion of being inconsistently played. But thats another argument. Vieri is no second striker, End of story

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Duh, I said he is a joke because he is playing like shit. This way no one is a joke, they are just in "wrong places". Liternit always get a way to provoke me. I just wish he stayed here for some time, people here know more football than in the RMD and Brazilian forum, and you would see the amount of BS that comes from this guy's mouth....

According to him, Luis Fabiano is miles better than Adriano and Roma played 4-2-2-2 last season, just to make an introduction.

But ok, since he was clever enough to notice a mistake and make a big deal out of it, sorry, Vieri is not a joke. He is a joke NOW. Better? Ok, now you can sleep better.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roman2k said:
:rollani:

Veron, Stankovic, Cambiasso ,Zanetti, Davids, Emre, Kily, VDM = best midfield in Europe on paper.
I thought that title belonged to Barça(Deco, Xavi, Iniesta,Ronaldinho)/Milan(Rui, Pirlo, Seedorf,Kaka,Serginho), I´m sorry but half those players are either past their prime or do not have enough quality to feed the strikers, good defensive players for the midfield position but you clearly lack someone with flair to attack.

I think Kily could be a good option to partner with a forward, but then he has a piss poor attitude of always losing his head and along with it his football. But I think Fangio can expand better :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Firdaus said:
In the Inter-Sampdoria thread, I'm sure I refuted the myth of Recoba's inconsistency. I showed his overall stats, how he performed during a season with Inter when he was played consistently as a starter, his RAI ratings for that season and stats for the current season. Which all point to the conclusion that he's FAR from inconsistent.
Your conclusion, because for me it's still the same. Recoba is a good player, but inconsistent and his fans overrating him ruined his career, because they made higher hopes than he is capable of living up to.

And this goals per minute BS, oh my God, how can you guys be so biased? It's obvious that when Recoba comes in his minutes are easier to score....playing with 4 attackers and pressing the opponents in the last 15 minutes you have more chances to score than if you are playing with two DMs in a 4-4-2 during the same 15 minutes. Is that hard to get this logic?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto stop it buddy ;) if you can´t have a discussion just don´t start a thread. And stop making things up as well, grow up will you stay in the discussion or don´t reply

I just questioned why Vieri is a joke, he was born in 73 to expect something from him today is the joke, so its either Mancini or people that believe that...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Liternit, you can't be this dumb. You know what I meant for the joke thing. And I know what you meant picking a little thing just to disagree with me. We know we can't stand each other, so don't act like it's normal.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Roberto you have your opinion on that, I disagree complete and we had this argument a million times so theres no way of convincing you unless Recoba left a long time ago and got consistent games like at Venezia.

I don't know but your saying expectations are too high when your talking about 15mins compared to thousands of minutes that other world class players in other teams. Oh and last season he start games when he came back from injury along side Adriano and he got a better goal ratio than Adriano Vieri Martins and made 11 assists.

You can just have your opinion though because at the end of the day you agree that Recoba would be the best partner for Adriano instrad of Vieri and thats what this topic is about, Lets not jump to the inconsistency rubbish.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto, how childish can you get? Can you stick to the topic or have to fill it with things none cares to read

1 - 20 of 67 Posts