I M Inter Milan I M
25,203 Posts
I enjoyed his "skippity skip jump" in the runup to the penalty... :happy:

Then I laughed... :howler:

Then I felt bad for Viola... :moan:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Why the hell did they let him take it before Mutu? The best PK takers aren't supposed to go after the 3rd kick. The 3rd kick is the most important one.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
why everybody forgot that also Liverani missed :rolleyes:
like in 94,Baggio missed,but Legend like Baresi missed that night also :) I guess nobody remebers that....
Good shout.:thmbup:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I knew he was going to miss it as soon as he stepped up.

He could have scored with his first kick when he came on and ****ed it up. That could have most likely ****ed up his head for the rest of the game.

CrackedPleasures - Fiorentina would have looked more dangerous if Vieri had come on or not, they had the home advantage and didn't want the game to go down to the lucky dip of penalties.

Liverani's penalty was really predictable as well.

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
why everybody forgot that also Liverani missed :rolleyes:
like in 94,Baggio missed,but Legend like Baresi missed that night also :) I guess nobody remebers that....

btw Frey is the best goalkeeper at the moment,I don't know what French coach is thinking about :thmbdown:
There's a lot of examples on this, unfortunately, people only remember one player who missed his penalty.

Zlatans penalty against the Netherlands back in Euro 2004 made a lot of swedes pissed off but no one really remembered Olof Mellbergs horrendous try.

That's the way it is, I guess, tragic..

I knew he was going to miss it as soon as he stepped up.

He could have scored with his first kick when he came on and ****ed it up. That could have most likely ****ed up his head for the rest of the game.

Liverani's penalty was really predictable as well.
Definitely, you could judge by the look on his face that he wasn't ready to take a penalty. Vieri was poor as long as he was on the pitch and looked very slow, didn't seem to react and basically confirmed it by missing that penalty.

Liveranis penalty was horrendous as well, you can't just stand 1 meter from the ball, it's not indoors-football. Why wouldn't he take advantage of the fact that he could run towards the ball? Oh well, I guess all that smoking has made him a bit weird..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts