Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vieri has missed the first couple of days of training due to injury. I think he just doesn't really want to be here anymore that much, which is too bad considering he's our one big name attacker. Maybe this will give Pirlo a chance to really prove himself to Lippi.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Pirlo and Vieri doesn´t play the same position. It´s more likely that Sükür will get his big chance. Pirlo play the same position as Seedorf.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Where did you here that he missed a couple of training sessions..
LAst i heard is that he is back in training and they want to have him due light training for 6-8weeks.
No one said he does not want to be here: He would not have decided to stay..
The personal trainer and V32 have both decided not to rush his recovery..He is well expected to start the season.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I had forgotten about Suker. I mean he's a decent striker and everything, but I'm still not too crazy about him coming. Anyway, yes I am aware that Pirlo is not the all out striker that Vieri is, but Pirlo can and has played as a striker before, but you're correct that Suker would be much more likely to play.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
If Vieri can't go (and assuming R9 isn't back until January 2001), Lippi would most likely go with Sukur and Recoba, with Pirlo and Seedorf in the middle behind them. I don't know if Zamorano will be with the squad at the beginning of the season or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts