Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07/14/2000. Inter Milan doctor Julio Velasco has confirmed that Italy center-forward Christian Vieri will be ready to play again when the Serie A season begins in October, but Brazilian striker Ronaldo won’t be able to play competitive football for at least another year.

Vieri suffered a muscle injury in his right leg at the end of May, and it prevented him from participating in Euro 2000. But according to Velasco, the bustling attacker is fully healed and will now use the eight weeks remaining until the Serie A season starts for strengthening the leg and improving circulation in the injured area.

Vieri will likely miss Inter’s preliminary round Champions League matches, but he should be ready for their season opener.

Ronaldo reinjured his tendon in April after coming on as a sub in an Italian Cup match against Lazio, and Velasco is recommending a steady diet of “prudence and patience.”

“This season will be one of recuperation,” said the doctor. “The player and the fans should realize that only in the following season will we have the opportunity to see the true Ronaldo once again.”

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Their is some good news about v32..I hope to see ronaldo prove wrong for a recovery much sooner for a possible return sometime pass mid season..

But it is wise that they keep V32 out until the opening..For sure he should be 100% fit to kick some a$$!:cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least finally hired a guy that relizes how important not to rush players back into playing. I would love to see Ronaldo play from day one but Im willing to wait another year to see him as good as his first season with us. We have plenty of exciting players to watch until R9 comes back. Recoba and Pirlo and Vieri are all going to be soo much fun to look at this season.

Ronaldo we all are waiting. Please take your time.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Sad to hear about R9. Well now its the time to bring Salas in!, sure Recoba is a fine player but only coming off the bench, and Sukur doesn't convince me, I mean he hasn't played in Serie A. On the other hand Salas has experince and knows V32 very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts