Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what happened last night in Milan…the bombing of Vieri’s (among other players) Restaurant, our dismal campaign on all front’s this season & Vieri’s current market value I think this is his final season with us :mad:

Vieri is arguably one of Italy’s greatest strikers & definitely one of the best of his generation in the world…he has made may stops in his career one constant is his class & obviously his high tally of goals, he ‘settled’ at Inter & he has been a joy to watch. Without Vieri I shudder to think where we would be today, he has been the face of Inter the last few years as much as Zanetti & Moratti himself have been. Vieri is in a shortlist of players who have performed for both club & country with similar passion & effectiveness he is truly on his way to greatness…

He has been unfortunate in the sense that he doesn’t have much to show for his efforts in the form of silverware & he is prone to injury, had he been fit for last seasons CL semi’s he probably would have led us all the way. Irrespective of matters beyond his control he has been consistent in his production…he is hardly to blame for our current quagmire & he has been true to himself with his sentiments & play…I hope he can lead us to glory in the UEFA cup & help us finish this campaign on a high note…

As long as his next stop is not Milan or Juve I wish him the best, lol…I hope he ends up in Barca or another big club outside Italy where he can be appreciated & bring them as much joy as he has brought us…

:star: :star: FORZA VIERI…:star: :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Pastor Ukweli said:
As long as his next stop is not Milan or Juve I wish him the best, lol…I hope he ends up in Barca or another big club outside Italy where he can be appreciated & bring them as much joy as he has brought us…

:star: :star: FORZA VIERI…:star: :star:
He would be more than welcomed here:)

Anyway a very sad thing

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I think it was the only extreme way (aside from protests at the stadium) that supporters could vent their anger. The note is to the whole team and not just Vieri. Nevertheless, it is a terrible thing to do. Perhaps a meeting between the supporters groups and the players would have been more constructive.

Not the best preparation for a match in which Inter is fighting to try and make a difference to its pitiful season. Our season was dead and buried the moment Moratti sacked Cuper. It appears we have returned to the pre-Cuper days when Inter was the best Circus in Italy.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Good tribute

I applaud Vieri and Zanetti for their many years of service at the club. Eventually, all player's careers end with their great club, such as Seaman with Arsenal, Stam with Man Utd, Adriano with Parma, Stankovic with Lazio, Davids with Juventus. Yet this one does not have to end like those. I think we should keep Vieri. Vieri is one of a kind and is something called a Hall of Fame player. We need him with us till the end, even if he is not at the top of his game. He is Inter, even more than Zanetti is. We need him and I ask him not to leave.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Vieri is one of the best Center forwards in the world right now with no arguement.............He won Lo scudetto with Juve....cup winners cup with Lazio...and has took top goal scorer twice in La liga and Serie A..............not to mention he's done well with the Azzurri........even though he's at the mid-age.......Vieri still has future ahead of him......and maybe this year he may be awarded to hoist Euro glory in portugal.......

Lets look at his past.......

Vieri was born in 1973 in Bologna,Italy........at the age of 9 Vieri left to Australia with his brother and father who was also a legend at Inter to play cricket and enjoy life with his family..........in his late teens, Vieri went back to italy to train and Cap his first Serie A appearance with Torino ........

Vieri first made himself a star by carrying Juventus to the scudetto in 97 which saw himself score 8 goals in 23 matches......

in 98 Vieri was off to spain with La liga minnows Aletico Madrid......he then scored 24 goals in 24 games which made him top scorer in La liga....Vieri also was voted on a award for scoring the best goal of the season in UEFA cup that saw him score a brilliant goal from the by-line outside the edge of the box in Semi-finals

Vieri made his first Debut with the Azzurri against Moldova

in World Cup 98 ....Vieri scored 5 goals in 5 matches plus a penalty in the shoot-out which saw him take him runners up for golden boot awarrd behind david suker....

after a short spell with Aletico....Vieri went back to Italy to play for Serie A giants Lazio which he scored 12 goals and won the cup winners cup later that season.....

in 1999/2000 season......Morratti broke the Transfer market record by signing Vieri from Lazio on an amazing 45 million price tag which made Inter fans have something to celebrate about

on his first Debut at Inter...Inter faced mid-table holders...Hellas Verona.......Vieri showed the world why he was worth 45 million by scoring a Hat-trick on his debut that saw Inter win the game 4-1.......

over the past years after the millenium arrived...Vieri saved Inter on many occasions from going to relegation ..........in UEFA cup third round...Vieri scored a hat-trick against EPL minnows Ipswich that took Inter into the quarter finals..........

in Korea/japan world cup....Vieri played an incredible game against Ecuador that saw himself brace 2 and ended up scoring 4 goals in 4 games that saw Italy get eliminated in 2nd round

in 2002/2003 season.....Vieri took top goal scorer award collecting 24 goals in 23 matches

Vieri is famous for his charisma on the field after when he scores a goal like he did against Norway in WC 98....and is also famous for his nicknames.....in spain...he was called"il muto"......in Italy......he is known as "Bobo"...and "il mostro"...which means...THE MONSTER!!.....

what a career Vieri build huh?......what a player.........

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Its difficult to say... if the petrol bombs are really thrown by frustrating fans.

someone is trying to create a bigger issue...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts