Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's scored six goals now - is that his highest tally ever? He might join Henry, Ljungberg, Pires and now Reyes in double figures this season.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
khimik said:
He's scored six goals now - is that his highest tally ever? He might join Henry, Ljungberg, Pires and now Reyes in double figures this season.
Yes it's his best so far and it sure looks like a possible target to get double figures.
Bergy's up on the same though so we might see 6 players scoring over 10, would be fantastic.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Vieira's a goal machine!!!

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
has he scored any in the CL?
i know that in the Cl

henry-4
ljunberg-2 or 3?
pires-1
reyes-1, he needs to score more
cesc 1 :)
van p-1

dont know the rest, reyes has to chip in more goals, and pires, well he hasnt been playing the same has he?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vieira was the one that headed the ball in to Alex da Costa against PSV. Would've gone in anyway, so that really wasn't an own goal.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not technically an own goal if the ball was judged to be going in anyway. It's only when a defending player changes the direction of the ball goalward and into the net does it become an own goal. Vieira's header was definitely going in regardless.

·
Registered
865 Posts
khimik said:
It's not technically an own goal if the ball was judged to be going in anyway. It's only when a defending player changes the direction of the ball goalward and into the net does it become an own goal. Vieira's header was definitely going in regardless.
Hey Khimik.... Vieira didn't even get a touch of the ball. Thierry cut the ball inside and Alex perfectly tapped it in. Patrick was pressuring Alex though....

·
Registered
865 Posts
As for Vieira scoring 10 or more goals, that's certainly 'doable'. Our next 4 games are all against table bottom teams. He could get a couple there...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nauan said:
Hey Khimik.... Vieira didn't even get a touch of the ball. Thierry cut the ball inside and Alex perfectly tapped it in. Patrick was pressuring Alex though....
Are you sure? I might be thinking of something else instead. I never saw that game in full and can't remember it overly that well. I keep thinking it was a Vieira header cannoned into Alex.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think you're wrong khimik. Henry squared the ball, I think Paddy would've tapped it in, if it weren't for Alex, who got there before him.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
does it make a diff how many goals he scores if we do not win trophies?

·
Registered
398 Posts
gunner4ever said:
does it make a diff how many goals he scores if we do not win trophies?
Hey mister. You can't be sure that we'll have a trophyless season. We may win the F.A cup, perhaps a historic CL, and the league isn't mathematically impossible yet.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
mate i did not say we were going to have a trophyless saeson... all i was saying is i'd trade all the goals for silverware!

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
gunner4ever said:
mate i did not say we were going to have a trophyless saeson... all i was saying is i'd trade all the goals for silverware!
I don't think anybody would do that but it's still interesting to see how our players do individually. Paddy scoring this much can probably be seen as he's getting more help from his teammates with the defensive work, and that's of course great.
It can also be seen as he's forgetting about his defensive duties and that's why we aren't at the top of the table...(hmm, no, I prefer believing it's like I sad first ;) :D )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts