Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see what all the fuss over mark Viduka is about and this hype about all these clubs wanting to sign him is just crap.He does'nt even score consistenlt and I really believe his Contribution reminds me of a lazy disinterested player.Leeds have to really think about players who want to play for the club.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,291 Posts
Considering the current situation of Leeds United it's quite difficult to find good players who would want to play for the club (we can make loan signings only and these players hardly care much of LUFC).We have to stick with our current players and hope they perform.And Viduka is one of few quality players left in the club.He has had a poor season but same could be said about most of our other players too.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Viduka had agreed Middlesbrough terms
tribalfootball.com - February 4, 2004

Leeds United striker Mark Viduka agreed terms with Middlesbrough on Monday morning, but a deal to take him to Teesside was called off only hours before the 5pm transfer deadline.
The Guardian says Leeds's creditors were the cause of Boro's disappointment over Viduka. He managed to get as far as the motorway on Monday morning but had to turn back when Middlesbrough were told that Leeds's creditors did not want the leasing company, which effectively owns Viduka, to profit while no other creditors are currently receiving any money.

"Time has run out," said Boro boss Steve McClaren. "The politics at Leeds meant that the deal was complicated. It's not just straight with the club, there are other parties involved."

A source at Middlesbrough confirmed the difficulties. "What we got from Leeds was no, no, no, then maybe, maybe," he said. "Finally they invited us into discussions last week." McClaren will review Viduka's situation at the end of the season, knowing now that the big man wants a move to the Boro.

The Aussie lives in Harrogate and is friendly with Boro's Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer and the captain Gareth Southgate.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course so many Leeds players have been dissapointing this season,And that does coinside of course with Leeds unsure Future.Mark Viduka is expected to score goals and as I see it he is not scoring enough and I think he's far to overrated.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Schumy said:
Of course so many Leeds players have been dissapointing this season,And that does coinside of course with Leeds unsure Future.Mark Viduka is expected to score goals and as I see it he is not scoring enough and I think he's far to overrated.
He is not overrated schumy, its just that the club situation and also his dad sickness made it hard for him.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
With Leeds selling everyone any cop, Viduka's chances have dried up so I think its a tad harsh to criticise him for lack of goals. He has proved himself that in a good team he will score goals. Thats why clubs want to sign him.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was at villa park today and live amongst plenty of leeds fans in yorkshire... i can simply say not only does he not score enough, he doesn't care enough. Only player to show some passion (no matter how much I hate him...) is alan smith, both today, and for the majority of the season gone.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
For sure mate, Smith seems to be one of the few players who are really Leeds through and through. He is the building block of the future team...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts