Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
You better believe it JureM :) All us Aussies guys are tough but Ero is a kiwi so im not too sure about him ;) I guess it comes from playing Rugby ;)

·
Registered
36,169 Posts
yeah, I don't know where Viduka's olds are from, I'm sure they're not Hercegovci though, his old man is active in the Cro community here.

he says that he wishes Marko played for Croatia, it would be his proudest moment if he saw his son in that checkered jersey.

And the Vatreni are in desperate need of a good elbow thrower with a temper, since Asanovic and Stimac have retired (the latter hasn't yet, but I suspect he might)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lol, he used to cry when fans didnt like him, now he elbows... hmm, looks like he finally learned what croatian should be like
(watchin stanic today, he almost killed several guys)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dont ever mess with Aussie/Cro dudes!:devil:

As for Viduka i am sure his oldies are from Zadar or thereabouts(Pravi Dalmatinac).Hey,if you asked 'Dukes' who he would prefer to play for it would be Croatia for certain.4/5 months ago when Aust.played New Zealand(W.CUP Qualifier) he made himself unavailable as he was holidaying on the Jadransko more with his chick and million % cruiser.Good on him.

As for his temper,good on him cause that Martin Keown fella is a ******** and deserves to be spat,kicked,elbowed,punched,headbutted,rammed,eye gouged etc,there you go i dont like the pommy bastard.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they are from the Zadar area, then there is only one group of people that have a temper like that....they are from a place called Privlaka. Trouble.;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
The locals from Zadar will tell you in terms of temper and madness Privlaka is a bird cage compared to the Lions Den-Bibinje;)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you are right...Privlacani...those from Bibinje and of course Crno have short fuses.....I would rank them...

1. Privlaka
1A. Bibinje
2. Crno

;)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
yes,in bibinje lives only crazy ppl.i have a friend from there,he's name is darko periæ,he plays in nk zadar then nk zagreb and he wrote a contract with bayern munchen,he play there 1 season in b-team and then he came back..when we play in high school a soccer he made from us a fools,he's is very good with ball,bad & strong temperament,yes they are crazy
but viduka seems to be a cool guy,stupid but good but i can't forget him when he play in dinamo....men,koliko smo zivaca izgubili radi njega!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
eusebio said:

but viduka seems to be a cool guy,stupid but good but i can't forget him when he play in dinamo....men,koliko smo zivaca izgubili radi njega!!
is that because he is a Dalmatinac?

i heard that after he missed a sitter against Ajax (0-0) in the CL, the dinamo fans wrecked his car and sprayed "klokan go home"..... where you responsible for that?

he did score a few goas against hajduk thou.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
nevermind what's he is..
no i am not placebo but i was on that game..and i was very angry..but that's the past...what can u do,too bad..damn

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lol angry? remember that he got nervous breakdown, went back home when he was sold to celctic and he didnt come to celtic @ time, nobody knew what was happening to him... then his family said he was having hard time and that he will go to celtic as soon as he is able to, but he needs a break now.... so much for freakin bbb... but he seems better now, elbowin ppl, etc

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
I think...

the reason why Viduka didnt succeed in Dinamo was because he was very young when he went there esspecialy coming from another continent(Australia) even though he is Croatian 100% its a different mentality in Cro than in Australia or anywhere in the diaspora for that matter im sure we from North America would have a tough time ajusting if thrown into such a stressful situation also the fact that Tudjman was said to have brought him to Dinamo the BBB really got on him because they saw him as Tudjmans boy! and we know the relationship the BBB had with the gov't of that time!;) overall i am happy that Viduka has really got his career back in shape the last 3 years! great for him but i am very dissapointed that he had to become a big star outside of Croatia because his own people didnt accept him! it makes me wonder about our(the rest of the diasporas) status amongst Croatians back home:(

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lol, thats the whole problem with diaspora. You/WE always turn everything into "croatian thing". Well the thing is... there are plenty croatians in croatia... so is not a special thing to be an croatian in croatia... so if ppl think you suck playing for their team, then you will be spit on... its the mentality... what do you want them to do, give him a medal for being diaspora? ;-)...

...Viduka was just fragile - he was young and thrown into political mess of Dinamo, then he missed quite few chances and there you go!

... as my friend told me:

"lako je tebi srat, zaradjujes lovu u americi pa nama ovdje solis pamet, aj se vrati na duze malo pa cemo vidjeti kako ce ti bit sa 500 maraka mjesecno"

:D :cool:

p.s. I can assure you that many (most if not all) croatians are happy for viduka's sucess and cheer for him when he plays. He is considered to be Marko Viduka in croatia!

·
Registered
212 Posts
On a serious note Give Viduka credit.Before deciding to play for Dinamo he had a number of better offers when considering money,league status,living std.etc but decided to go to Croatia at a difficult time because of an alliegance and love of his parents homeland,as all of us have as well.

As it turned out it was difficult for him to adjust not only to soccer and life in Croatia but Scotland as well.Fortunately for him he has settled well in England and showing his true worth.

Plenty of players have been criticised at those levels by everone but its how the good players bounce back that counts.It would be nice if we could have Viduka at WC02 with Croatia but not to be.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Plus, there is no way he could play with the Croatian NT even if he wanted to since he has already played in many "A" games with the Australian NT.

But, no one can deny the talent Viduka has. When he is on, he is one of the best goal scorers out there. He is a player.

By the way...I'm telling you...Privlacani are crazier.;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you're talking about lunatics from Zadar, it's the Arbanasi. They're a separate breed of psycho. Ask anyone.

Let's face it, Viduka is a bully on the field. He was even in Zagreb. It's partially because he just bigger than everyone else. It's not like the Keown incident was isolated. His reputation is well deserved.

When he is on he's a great scorer. Well, he wasn't on enough for Australia, that's for sure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
'he wasnt on enough for Australia,dont blame Viduka Trickky i'll tell you why:

Aust.play defensive football and create nothing in the way of posession,vision,chances because 1)no flair in midfield apart from Kewell and 2)Farina plays 4 defenders at home against Uruguay who have 1 striker up front - wheres the common sense in that?All Aust.are good at is being physical,defensive etc.How many open play chances did we create at home against Uruguay-barely nothing.

Yet when Viduks plays at teams who know how to play he bangs them in.eg:Knights,Celtic,Leeds and this is why Italian/Spanish are interested.
It seems the uneducated Aust.soccer media especially harp on the point he cant score for NT but these guyswould not know a thing about soccer culture,style,tactics etc/

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yet when Viduks plays at teams who know how to play he bangs them in.
My arse he does. He hasn'r done much of a job at Leeds and in his last season at Dinamo he got maybey 1 goal! As for the NT, he got maybey 1 touch vs France and Uruguay. He isn't a goal scoring machine, he hold's up the ffwds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts