Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest World Soccer magazine has an aticle about Vidigal and his four brothers. Does anybody know much about them? They play in lower division teams. I just thought I'd throw it out there because it sounds like a couple of his brother are pretty good.

Also, when will Vidigal get a place on the national team? His play has been great, lately.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
uhhhh daeone not to bust your bubble or anything...but Vidigal is already on the seleccao nacional.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When does he get to play? Just against the Leichensteins of the world? I'm talking about a serious place on the team against real opponents. I know he's been considered but I can't remember when he played last. What's he done so far with the national team?

[This message has been edited by daeone (edited 28-04-2000).]

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I don't think Vidigal should be a starter.....I don't think he is talented enough...frankly I like Sousa or Paulinho in that position. Vidigal is more talented than Paulinho, without a shout of a doubt, but in Paulinho you get a guy who would bleed for the seleccao....

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let him bleed on the bench. I want people who can play.
Apparently Sousa is coming to the end his run (from what I've read here). Why not give someone else a chance? The team can always another shot of athletisism.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Paulinho will never get called back to the seleccao...he has bad knees and has not been his usual self this season. Vidigal was called up to the national team just so he cannot be selected for Angola. Frankly I would take Chainho instead of Vidigal. And why not give Peixe another shot at the seleccao? I know I may seem a bit Porto biased but seriously Peixe is good enough for the team. Chainho I would call up for the same reason as Vidigal, so Angola cannot use them. As for the Vidigal position, without a shout of a doubt Fernando Meira. He is 1000000000000 (you get the point) times better than Vidigal.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is off the subject, but do you think Peixe will ever return to Sporting? I understand he loves the team, but got screwed at some point during Sporting's inept management days. I like the guy and wouldn't mind having him back. He's a tough player, the kind any team can use.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
perhaps at the end of his contract....I doubt it though....when Porto likes a player they treat them very very well.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fine, Fine...Porto's the greatest.

I assume the sarcasm is obvious.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
do i detect a bit of hostility on your part? Daeone I need to ask you something. I believe you told me that you are from Tallahassee Florida? Is their a portuguese community there?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Actually Vidigal started and played very well against Denmark a couple of weeks ago. So far, I think he has been the best trinco out of Bento and Sousa in the Seleccao.

And Marco, your Paulinho and Peixe are very good players, I don't deny that, but they are not Select team material compared to Vidigal, Bento, Sousa!

Vidigal has been absolutely awsome this year for Sporting. He is part of the impenetrable middle wall that Sporting has....Schmeichel, Beto, Vidigal, Acosta. His consistency over the season has been spectacular, and he is an absolute pitbul in the midfield, without hammering players, like Paulinho and Peixe usually do.

Geez can you imagine, Couto, Jorge Costa, Paulinho, and Peixe in a select team game against an England...I think all four could be red carded at the same time and leave Portugal to play with 7 men! :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, there isn't a Portuguese community here. I doubt there is a single Portuguese person, but there could be. Tallahassee is a small city in the middle of the panhandle (which is essentially nowhere).

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I find Vidigals performances for Sporting is amazing but his performance for POrtugal has been lukewarm at best. Time and time again I have said that some of our players just don't care when they play for the flag. Paulinho, JVP, Baia seem to be the only players that actually elevate their game dor portugal. With the way Figo has been playing lately he should be on that list as well.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

L

·
0 Posts
Marco, you say Porto treat their players very well.

I was wondering if that involves them being taken to the "Diamante Negro" on a regular basis?

A

·
0 Posts
If not I'd like to go to the diamante negro!j/k. When I was in lisbon I seen a place that said night club(thinking it was a discotech) thinking maybe I can pick up a chick and get down and boogie with her but when I walked in it looked like a whore house don't get me wrong nice lookin' broads but I don't pay for nookie! The name of the place is the day and night club. Quite a few where I was, Elephant branco, gallery, just to name a few! Is that really legal there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts