Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No this is not just me in my usual: "we should sign Vicente" comment but genuinely I think this transfer makes sense.

First off he is available as it seems Koeman no longer holds him in high regard and wants to "cut" a lot of the old guard. This is not due to the degradation of Vicente's footbal but more Soler trying to "kill the politics" of old in Valencia and trying to find a new face for the team.

Vicente in terms of ability cannot be doubted, it is argued and with good measure that injuries can be the best thing for a players reputation as the percieved status always remains, hypothetically if Ronaldinho were to have had a big injury last year and what not, he would still be regarded as the best and such, but thats not been the case and playing below standard has meant he is seen in a different light. The relevance to my point is that thoguh Vicente has been injury prone for a large proportion of time since Rafa left, he has always managed to regain his level and perform at a high level. This may have not been the ase this year, but the whole team has played bad and the physical conditioning has been in question for a while whilst the institutional uncertainty at Valencia is even worsethan what we have and continue to endure here.

This should not be total justification for Vicente's below par performances but another theory I have is that no manager at International or domestic level has been able to yield the performances from Vicente that Rafa did. Benitez knew how to condition Vicente and knows how to handle injury vulnerable players, the way he revived Kewell's career in 2006 can be a good example. Vicente is also physically in better shape thna Kewell was.

Which leads me to my next point, another reason I think this could also be a good transfer is that I doubt his price would be too high and we are in the market for a winger, then why not take a risk and trust in Vicente. I think its worthwile and he would suit the team well. Hopefully it can happen :hopeful:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Do We Need Another Injury-Prone Player?
and Kewell is the
Biggest ripped off in sports, he played in 4 finals and he was subbed in 3 of them because of "injuries".

·
Registered
70,372 Posts
Are you crazy? Vicente? The guy hardly can get minutes at Valencia...and when he does he gets injured again.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
arfy05 said:
This should not be total justification for Vicente's below par performances but another theory I have is that no manager at International or domestic level has been able to yield the performances from Vicente that Rafa did. Benitez knew how to condition Vicente and knows how to handle injury vulnerable players, the way he revived Kewell's career in 2006 can be a good example. Vicente is also physically in better shape thna Kewell was.
True.

Vicente will be back, that left wing will be his again, with Silva in the centre now, Mata is still young and has got plently of time to play.

Vicente is still needed in Valencia and is going nowhere, hopefully.

Though, if he was ever to come to Liverpool it would be this summer.

·
Masch for Captain
2,413 Posts
If he comes for a small fee opposed to over paid Harry we should get him unless he wants high wages he can **** off.

My favourite left winger but he is hardly ever fit.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
no thanks .. no need for him at all ..he was a brilliant winger and was one of the best in the world . but now he completely isn`t that useful player to be looked for by the reds .

actually , we have to release players such as Kewell and Aurelio .. not to bring a player poorer than them .

The Infamous_LFC said:
My favourite left winger but he is hardly ever fit
agreed

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Ronaldo is available for free in the summer, let's get him as well even though he's only got one good leg.

This warrents it's own thread because? We're not linked with him and wont be linked with him any time soon..

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Yeah, nice. Aureilio and Vicente on the left wing :howler:

If it was 3-4 years ago then yeah, but he'd be way too much of a gamble at this point.

On the other hand, if you manage to get him fit then maybe you're on to something. Imo though, Liverpool should be absolutely done with players who might play the level required. Forget guy's like Yossi, Babel, Lucas etc. You need a finished product. A player who can come in and play extremely well straight away.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The Infamous_LFC said:
If he comes for a small fee opposed to over paid Harry we should get him unless he wants high wages he can **** off.
Was it not 'bargian of the century' stuff when you bought harry due to Leeds troubles? :D :pp

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Whats Vicentes contract status?

Things is, I would welcome him for cheap, I think it would be a good solution. People are taking that injury proneness thing too far tbh and given the fact that we need a new striker, we might not be able to spend zillions of pounds for various position. If we can get him, and a good creative AM too plus a new partner for Torres, I would be very happy. And if he gets injured, we'd have Babel, Yossi and Pennant to replace him.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Just the thought of Vicente being linked with Liverpool makes me sick, let alone seeing him playing for your lot:D.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
LOOOOOOOOOOL :) Why am I not surprised, Arfy? :)

Sorry pal, I don't think Vicente will be coming our way.. and honestly I'm not heart broken that he won't..

It's not a matter of getting fit as much as it's staying injury free.. very similar to Kewell.. bags of skill.. but can't stay on the pitch.. and I think the club is reaching the point where the realization that Kewell won't be an ongoing asset is becoming clearer.. so why go for a spitting image of him?

When fully fit.. I rate Vicente higher than Silva and nearly all the other left wingers on the planet.. but the first three words of this paragraph are key words!

I'd rather spend and bring Quaresma..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts