Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spanish star Vicente has travelled to Belgium and looks set for surgery on his ankle problem.

The Valencia winger looks set to be out for three months, because of the problem he picked up in September.

Los Che's medical staff have been debating whether to go for surgery, but that now looks the avenue they have gone down.

"We have explored the options and after a number of days without exercise, the problem - which has improved, persists and we have decided that the last alternative is to see Marc Martens in Belgium," said Valencia's head medic Jorge Candel.

"I have spoken with him and the opinion seems to be that he will be operated on in Belgium.

"The average time for a recovery of an injury in this region is three months.

"Surgery is never a 100 percent guarantee, but we have exhausted all the possibilities."

=========================================================

This is a big blow for Valencia, but I would rather wait 12 weeks and have the brilliant Vicente back to full fitness rather than risk further injury by insisting on physiotherapy which would only reduce the pain- without eliminating it.

I think Valencia's squad is good enough to stay in touch with the leading pack without their star player.

·
Registered
300 Posts
it will be hard to play matches without vicentre cos we saw that we can not do without him just like we sawq in the early round of thge cl when he was scoring goals and he got injured , we lost it all the cl poore results in the league and outster in the kings cup we are like a ship without captain if he does not play.but i will prefer waiting for 12 weeks as you said cos a fully fit vicente is better than a half fit one and it will only save us more anguish by waiting till he gets better.

El Fenómeno. said:
Spanish star Vicente has travelled to Belgium and looks set for surgery on his ankle problem.

The Valencia winger looks set to be out for three months, because of the problem he picked up in September.

Los Che's medical staff have been debating whether to go for surgery, but that now looks the avenue they have gone down.

"We have explored the options and after a number of days without exercise, the problem - which has improved, persists and we have decided that the last alternative is to see Marc Martens in Belgium," said Valencia's head medic Jorge Candel.

"I have spoken with him and the opinion seems to be that he will be operated on in Belgium.

"The average time for a recovery of an injury in this region is three months.

"Surgery is never a 100 percent guarantee, but we have exhausted all the possibilities."

=========================================================

This is a big blow for Valencia, but I would rather wait 12 weeks and have the brilliant Vicente back to full fitness rather than risk further injury by insisting on physiotherapy which would only reduce the pain- without eliminating it.

I think Valencia's squad is good enough to stay in touch with the leading pack without their star player.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
That's soccer, and that's life. It's a horrible situation but atleast he will make a full recovery rather than being like Ronaldo and just getting injured every game.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Wait a minute, is this a new injury??? :eek:

I always hate losing players of Vicente's caliber, even if he does play for our rivals but its just too sad because hes really a fantastic player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts