Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
He has signed a new deal with Real Madrid for the upcoming season. These are the news form Madrid, where Sanz simply got overjoyed with that win and advance to the final in paris. Our coach is said to have signed a one year contract. I like it. :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Exactly...guys we should keep:
Morientes
Geremi
Hierro
Raul(everyone knows that :))

If he let's go of any of them I will simply assasinate him.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Geremi was absolutely superb for Real at the beginning/middle of the season and did well when Macca got injured. He then got himself injured and therefore lost his place in the side to Macca again. He is young and can also fill in for Salgado in the right hand side of defence. I thought that he played well against Bayern in the second leg and the only problem I have is that he is non-EU.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, del Bosque has already been officially offered a one-year plus contract after the elimination of Bayern.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoooops! I have to correct myself on my last posting and agree with morientes. Sorry my friend!

Here's what I found in www.uefa.com today. Read on. It looks like Sanz is ready to do it again...

"Real Madrid CF coach Vicente Del Bosque must wait until after the UEFA Champions League Final to find out if he will keep the job next season, club president Lorenzo Sanz said. It had initially looked as if Real were going to reward their caretaker coach with a long-term contract after the club's UEFA Champions League Semi-Final victory over FC Bayern München, but Sanz has decided to delay the decision until after the Final against Valencia CF in Paris on 24 May.

"Other things to think about" - Sanz
"Del Bosque is a giant," Sanz said after the club's 3-2 aggregate victory over Bayern ensured an all-Spanish Final. "He was the one who was able to make the players perform with valour. He's our coach and the players are on his side."
But the attention moved away from offering Del Bosque an immediate deal upon Sanz's return to Spain. "Until May 25 we are not going to talk about this subject. At the moment we've got other things to think about, including the remaining matches in the league and the Champions League Final," he said.

Rapid transformation
The softly-spoken Del Bosque, who took over as caretaker coach following the sacking of John Toshack in November, has transformed the side in a little under six months, taking them from Spanish league strugglers to their 11th European Cup final.
He is expected to be kept on as coach only if Real qualify for the 2000/2001 UEFA Champions League. They are currently sixth in the domestic table, a position which would not guarantee a UEFA Champions League place, although defeating Valencia in the upcoming Final would. German Jupp Heynckes was sacked within a week of leading the club to their last UEFA Champions League trophy two seasons ago. The year before, Italian Fabio Capello left immediately after Real won the Spanish league title."

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yeah...I just read it at Dailysoccer. What is Sanz up to again? I mean it's now obvious Vincent is the man for us, at least for the next year! Come on Sanz, be smart for once!

About Geremi Fotso Ndjitap: unfortunately he is non-EU. But Adriaan, go look at the tapes of both Barcelona-Real games where Geremi played and you'll know why I want to keep him soooooooo badly. I love the guy, so technical and he's really quick. Like pool pointed out, he is also our only option for Salgado, when he;s injured. Unfortunately I think playing Ger in defense is a waste to his talent. My proposition is:if there really won't be room for Geremi in the squad for next year, just loan him out!!! DO NOT SELL! We need him.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Its good, they have too put pressure on him!

If he does not win, iam not sure he is the man cause that is a must win match!

And of course, he has to take us on either 4 or 3 place. Or Real will be dishonoured!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
That's not fair. He's done a great job and just because he might lose, doesn't discount all that! But I agree, we have to be in the CL next year! That IS a must...

So my prediction is, we end up 5th or 4th in La Liga and therfore have to win the CL and that's why we WILL. It's always been that way in the past and it will be no different in Paris. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts