Xtratime Community banner

381 - 400 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
How highly do you rate Silas?
He has been clocked as the fastest in 1.B, and that helps him get breakaways for goal attempts. His touch is getting better. Of his 7 goals, 2 are from the penalty spot so 5 have been from open play.

If he has a "banner year" in 1.B, then I fully expect a club like Bayern or Real Madrid to come and make an offer for him. Maybe not at the end of this season, but certainly next season if his form continues. The entire VfB squad, in fact, has adapted to life in 1.B fairly quickly. They lost to Freiburg in the first week, but when they play Freiburg again, I fully expect them to win.

My hope is that VfB are a big enough club to hang on to him and the other young players. Sosa, in particular, is catching the eye and I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern came in for him at the end of the season.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Week 12: 4-6-2 18 points

I didn't realize there were midweek games this week. VfB hosted Union Berlin in Stuttgart and the teams drew 2-2. VfB were down 0-2 with only 10 minutes left and Matarazzo brought on Kalajdzic and Klement. Kalajdzic scored on a header from a Klement corner, and then took a long cross from Didavi off his chest and slotted the ball home for the 2-2. Fun match to watch. VfB have yet to win in Stuttgart this season.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 7 - 3
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Gonzalez 4 - 1
Didavi 1 - 3
Castro 2 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Sosa 0 - 1

Goals scored: 26
Goals conceded: 19
Clean sheets: 1

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Wolfsburg - VfB Stuttgart

Announced lineup:
Gonzalez, Coulibaly
Didavi, Mangala
Sosa, Endo, Wamangituka
Kempf, Anton, Stenzel
Kobel

Several Wolfsburg players out with Covid.

0-0 at the half. Chances for both sides, but nothing getting past the keepers.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Week 13: 4-6-3 18 points

VfB suffer 1-0 defeat away to a very physical, hockey-checking Wolfsburg. Gonzalez hip-checked down in the box in the first half, but ref waved it off. In the second, Gonzalez got the ball out front from Massimo but squibbed the shot wide. Oh well, the effort given was awesome by the entire squad.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 7 - 3
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Gonzalez 4 - 1
Didavi 1 - 3
Castro 2 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Sosa 0 - 1

Goals conceded: 20

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Christmas break is over and VfB host Red Bull Leipzig in Stuttgart tomorrow, at 13:30 Grain Belt (USA) time.

Expected lineup:
Stuttgart: Kobel - Stenzel, Anton, Kempf - Silas, Endo, Mangala, Sosa - Castro (c), Coulibaly - Gonzalez

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Week 14: 4-6-4 18 points

VfB lose at home to a good Red Bull squad, 0-1. Only shot ON goal was by Anton, a central defender. Kobel had several outstanding saves, including a PK that kept this a narrow loss. Midfield play was poor, and linkup with attack mostly non-existent.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 7 - 3
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Gonzalez 4 - 1
Didavi 1 - 3
Castro 2 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Sosa 0 - 1

Goals conceded: 21

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Week 15: 5-6-4 21 points

VfB beat Augsburg 4-1 in Augsburg for their 5th road win. Goals from Gonzalez (PK), Wamangituka, Castro, and Didavi, with assists given by Sosa, Gonzalez, and Anton.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 8 - 3
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Gonzalez 5 - 2
Didavi 2 - 3
Castro 3 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Sosa 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Anton 0 - 1

Goals scored: 30
Goals conceded: 22

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Late draw vs. Gladbach. Came back twice.
Yeah, that was fun to watch.

Week 16: 5-7-4 22 points

Home draw 2-2 against Borussia Moenchengladbach although BM were the better side for the bulk of the match. Sosa cross headed in by Gonzalez, and then Wamangituka scored a PK at the very end after Kalajdzic was pulled down in the box.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 9 - 3
Gonzalez 6 - 2
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Didavi 2 - 3
Castro 3 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Sosa 0 - 3
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Anton 0 - 1

Goals scored: 32
Goals conceded: 24

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Seems like a rare bad game from Stuttgart. 3-0 loss against Bielefeld. Ouch.
Yes. Horrible performance.

Week 17: 5-7-5 22 points

Went to Bielefeld for a midweek match and lost 3-0 against a side they should have beaten. Awful performance, just awful. All of that hard work against mid- and upper-table sides and then they throw it away against 15th place Arminia.

I don't know why Matarazzo continues to start Klimowicz. The kid just doesn't know what to do with the ball. He hesitates and then either loses it to the defender or makes a poor pass. Bench him and start Didavi instead.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 9 - 3
Gonzalez 6 - 2
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Didavi 2 - 3
Castro 3 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Sosa 0 - 3
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Anton 0 - 1

Goals scored: 32
Goals conceded: 27

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Does Endo seem tired btw? I read that he's played almost every available minute in the league and cup so far.
Yeah, Endo has played every minute of the Bundesliga matches so far. Near the end of matches, when the trainer wants to bring off a defender (Kempf or Anton) for an attacker, you will see Endo slide back and take the central defender position when the opposing team attacks. He is very versatile and good at ball control. The other midfielder (Mangala) is more of a runner and less adept at ball control, so I think Endo will continue to start and play every match the full 90.

Week 18: 5-7-6 22 points

Went to Freiburg and lost 2-1. Wamangituka scored on a rebound shot and all other shots went high, wide, and just off the right post (twice). Poor defense was offset by a good offense the first half of the season. Now a misfiring offense will allow them to drop in the table.

Gonzalez could have made it 2-2, but he missed a PK with his weird, slow, stutterstep approach to the ball. Goalkeeper went down the left side and was lying there on the ground and Nico kicks it right into his gut. My grandmother could have scored on that shot even though she's been dead for many years.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 10 - 3
Gonzalez 6 - 2
Kalajdzic 5 - 3
Didavi 2 - 3
Castro 3 - 1
Mangala 1 - 2
Sosa 0 - 3
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2
Forster 1 - 0
Endo 0 - 1
Anton 0 - 1

Goals scored: 33
Goals conceded: 29

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Endo was also given the captain's armband after Castro's substitution.
Endo seems like a very calm personality. I rate him very highly and wish VfB had another ball control midfielder to help take the heat off him. Teams are now double teaming him in the middle, you might notice.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Week 19: 6-7-6 25 points

Home win over FC Mainz 2-0. Struggled in the first half to create offense, but in the second half a Sosa cross was headed in by Kalajdzic for the 1-0. Wamangituka picked up a ball in the defensive zone and ran 80 meters to slot past the Mainz keeper for the 2-0. Kobel with a clean sheet.

Goals - Assists
Wamangituka 11 - 3
Kalajdzic 6 - 3
Gonzalez 6 - 2
Didavi 2 - 3
Castro 3 - 1
Sosa 0 - 4
Mangala 1 - 2
Kempf 2 - 0
Coulibaly 2 - 0
Klimowicz 1 - 1
Klement 0 - 2