Xtratime Community banner

301 - 320 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Tasci is recovering from his knee injury and he'll be ready for the next season.
He will miss the 2009 U-21 Euro Championship.
"I'm going on holiday in the next couple of days. I'll unfortunately have to watch the championships at home in front of the television but I'll have my fingers crossed for the lads,".

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Real Madrid have confirmed that they are in advanced negotiations over the sale of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

The 25-year-old Holland international moved to the Bernabeu from Ajax in January but appears to be surplus to requirements following the arrival of president Florentino Perez.

Stuttgart have agreed to pay the player's €20million (£17.2m) asking price and Real sporting director Miguel Pardeza has revealed it is now up to Huntelaar to decide whether to complete the move.

"[Madrid director general Jorge] Valdano wants to involve him in the situation and for him to make a decision," he said.

Talks

Huntelaar's agent, Arnold Oosterveer,confirmed that Stuttgart are the interested party but revealed that the player is still unsure where he will be playing next season.

"He will have a conversation with the coach and the club today and then we will calmly await developments," he told De Telegraaf.

"We will also talk to Stuttgart.

"Real have offered him to everyone, but it is clear that Klaas-Jan will be the one to decide where he goes.

"Stuttgart are a fine club, but there are many other clubs interested, and maybe he will stay in Madrid.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I thought Demba Ba has to stay in Hoffenheim !?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Huntelaar to you guys or Tottenham for 20 M Euros could be closed at any time now. He has not travelled with Madrid to Ireland and stayed back to sort out the transfer.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Stuttgart came back from Romania with 2-0 win against Timisoara
Hleb, with amzaing dribbling, & Gebhart (PK) scored:)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Stuttgart will play at group G with Sevillia, Rangers & FC Unirea Urziceni

I think we have a chance to qualify from one of the fisrt places.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
What a useless team this season. Just lost to Hannover now. They have enough decent players not to have had such a bad run of results. Really poor from them.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I wonder when the first ones that hailed Babbel will start asking for his sacking...
The same happened with Veh, one year he was the hero, the next year they all screamed he needs to be fired.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Just gets worse for Stuttgart.

Knocked out of the German Cup by Greuther Fürth. No goals for Stuttgart again. Marica guilty of some missed chances, one a terrible effort right in front of goal.

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Christian Gross is the new manager of Stuttgart. You might know him from his unsuccessful stint at Tottenham or his successful spell at FC Basel in Switzerland

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
I wonder when the first ones that hailed Babbel will start asking for his sacking...
The same happened with Veh, one year he was the hero, the next year they all screamed he needs to be fired.
It is ridiculous isn't it? He took the team to the UCL, finished 3rd last season with a team who punched way above their weight and at the first sign of things going wrong this season they sack him. Ironically with a win over Unirea on Wednesday they will make the UCL knockout stage :eek:.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
It was inevitable. The supporters turned quite nasty at the end but they showed some faith with Babbel. The turn against him was vicious and swift. And what else did he expect? Questions would be asked of a manager if he had taken one of the better teams in the Bundesliga to midtable let alone near to the bottom of the league which has happened.

He came across as being a gentleman but was a bit disappointed in him bringing up Enke in his resignation speech. A bit cheap and tacky to do that and not necessary. Other than that his resignation speech was very honest. He didn't blame anyone but himself and all but admitted that in the long run he just wasn't good enough at this moment in time despite his bright start at the club.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Cheap maybe for the supporters but also true. The fact is (and I am not valuating it at all) and although it may sound very harsh it is the truth: Nobody gives a shit about Enke anymore.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Gotta love today. :D
The poor Romanians thought they actually have a chance. ;) :angel:

301 - 320 of 361 Posts