Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now last season around this time i predicted the scudetto would be a race between Lazio and Juventus and everyone was saying how i have an inferiority complex and that INTER are better than both of them and how INTER would battle with Viola for the scudetto because they had three great strikers.....HAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!

LAST SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!
Why did Juve and Lazio do so well last season? VERSITILITY!!!!!

Lazio
Sensini SImeone Negro ALmeyday COnceicao Nedved Stankovic Veron Mancini Pencaro Boksic Gottardi all players capable of playing at least 2 positions

Juve
COnte Del Piero Davids Zambrotta Bachini Esnaider Mirkovic Ferrara Birindelli and Pessotto all players capable of playing at least 2 positions.

THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lazio again for the same reasons but Juve are even better this season but for some reason i just don't see Juve finishing inside the top 4 this season.

My favourites this season are Milan Lazio Roma and...........
...........Believe it or not TAZZ is for once gonna pick INTER as a serious scudetto front runner. Why?
No major changes inside the starting line up. AND THE KEY WORD VERSATILITY!!!!!!!!!!

5 of accuracy=95%
MILAN
Milan will be a major factor because of their ability to bore in teh off-season and keep their good young squad together and with teh addition of a genuine right back in Panucci they will be able to play 4-3-1-2 while Gattusso and AMbrosini are at the Olympics in the summer so expect a pretty good start to the champions league also by Milan. Will fight to t he very last of season and will probably win the scudetto.

% of accuracy = 75%
ROMA
Like INTER usually will run solely on emotion and star power. Great individual performances and at times big seemingly important victories over top opposition. Will win many indivudal matches but will lack consitently but will be likely to hold of Juve to claim last Champions league spot.

LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!
% of accuracy = 95%
Will be top club in Europe this season.....due to small changes and only major changes have been the introduction of genuine fire power upfront and an improvement on an already outstanding midfield in teh form of the world class Roberto Baronio.

INTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
% of accuracy = 85%
Versatility is the big difference between us this season and last season.

Borcchi can play left wing back, right wing back, central midfield.

Zanetti can play anywhere except centrback, play maker and striker. He even played goal keeper for an addidas show the other day with Van Der Saar.

Geo can play anywhere on the left side of the field. Left back Left wing back or left sided forward.

DiBiagio can play defencive midfielder or playmaking midfielder. He can be the Guadiola type player or teh Ambrosini type player. Could even be used as libero or playmaker if we got that desperate.

Serena can play any position in midfield except central midfield and playmaker. Is also comfortable in defence at left or right back.

Recoba can play striker or play maker or even left winger if we play aback four.

Pirlo can play as either playmaker or striker if we are desperate enough.

Cordoba is fastenough to play in the wing back position allowing Zanetti to play inside right in midfield. Cordoba can also play as a libero or man marker.

Simic can play man marker or inside left or right back.

SOOOOOO much versatility!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have what it takes now but i still say we wont win teh scudetto this seaosn because Milan have teh contiuity we lack.

So all in all here are my predictions for next season.

Milan/Lazio
Milan/Lazio
Inter
Roma/Juve
Roma/Juve

Of course i am probably wrong but what.....i have never been wrong about a pre-season call before so why shouldn't i give it a try this time around?

G

·
0 Posts
The problem with inter is that we don't have a big experience in serieA because we have lots of new players every year .
But we can be Great in Champions league because we have a lot of players with experience in "european" plays (uefa,CL,national team) :Seedorf,Blanc,Zanetti,Di Biagio,Hakan Sukur,Georgatos,Vieri...

So I think win the scudetto will be more difficult than win the CL.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Tazz; Out of curiosity... When you say that Juve will finish outside top 4 for SOME reason...?
Does that reason has anything to do with ability or is this something I REALLY do not want to get into an argument about :):( ?

Personally I think Lazio and Juve will be fighting for Lo scudetto again with Parma and Inter as the slim outsiders.
I'm positively certain that Milan won't do squat (unless something dramatic happens on the transfer front). How can you even suggest them ? Puzzled.
1 striker (pretty damn good too), midfielders (2 or 3) ? defenders ? (OK 2 or 3 as well) and a great goalie. If they're REALLY lucky they'll get a CL spot again, but I can't see it happening. I think they'll be in 6th position just in front of Viola.

Ciao.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Great point!!Tazz
Juve finishing at 4th place??That maybe hard to believe..but who knows 1998/1999 season could repeat itself for Juve.Not Inter,hopefully!.We've had a disastrous season then..:(

I believe we have a more deeper more balanced squad this year with many recent "non-superstar" signings with Brocchi,Cirillo..About confidence of ability and determination,I'm sure we would be bursting of it during the start of the season and hopefully it can last that way until the finish line.We've kept our coach of last season,Lippi.We can easily find quality replacements for any injuries that would befall our players,hopefully not Vieri again!And we would have many young players Mutu,Cirillo,Brochhi,Pirlo all determined to show their ability and prove that they're worthy of starting!Just a strong performance from Inter throughout the season would make me happy..

Forza Inter!

L

·
0 Posts
I have to agree with you tazz :) but Milan finish first/second?? I can't see Milan that successful for the coming season at least... . However, i think Lazio is definately the most powerful squad in Seria A right now, with their great players ( i guess i don't have to repeat the names again) all around from back to front they are the first potential winner! I believe Juve is another potential winner as they have just added Trezequet to their front line, we all saw how he demolished Italy's dream last week, Trezequet will be a star in Italy. So next season will be same old story as last season <Juve and Lazio>

Inter and Roma are surely strong but i think Parma may be better.

In short, i think it will be:
Lazio/Juve
Lazio/Juve
Parma
Inter/Roma
Inter/Roma :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now now TAZZ, I have an undisputable reason why INTER's going to win the scudetto this year. This forcast is based on coincidence :) nothing else :cool:. As everyone knows that 88/89 season was the last time our almighty INTER won the SERIE A :mad:. And the race for the SERIE A was delayed back then also :D
So there's my conclusion is based on :rolleyes:. But with all kidding aside Inter are finally realizing on how valuable MIDDLE FIELDERS are. INTER are beginning to have players at that position and start to have that "continuation" that TAZZ preaches every year for our team. INTER has enough talent to make it far in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE but the SERIE A as usual is always brutal and grinding. DEPTH is also a key factor. Look how INTER dwindled with injuries last year and played with lack of focus and yet did not play in europe. That worries me.
As we all know, it's on record that my prediction hasn't been up to task ;) but hopefully I can redeem myself with this prediction

INTER will win the SERIE A title :D

Hey TAZZ if you put a relevant topics up your old pals will always respond. Personally I like to pick and choose not to debate on some of this silly topics thats been posted here

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
16,170 Posts
Interestiing topic. No conceivable way in which Juve can finish outside the top 4. Its not gonna happen with Davids, Zidane etc.

Versatility is obviously important but I think its just proper coaching an organization which wins the scudetto.

As for predictions I'll go for :

1.Juve
2. Lazio
3.Inter
4. Milan/ Roma

And good to see an interesting topic up instead of the usual "Should we sign Rivaldo and Zidane" bulls***. More thought provoking discussion less transfer B.S.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Versatility is indeed the key

yes and this crazy idea i have about Juve could obviously be wrong and all logical thinking calls on it being wrong....but.......its exactly how i felt about Viola last season....

What i am saying is not that Juve cannot finish in the top four i am just saying that for some reason i don't see it happening....its a complicated system i have which is based on history.

Its also the same system i used to predict that Holland would win Euro 2000 so it shows i was wrong at some time.

One of these days i will take the time out to share it with you guys :)

One more prediction for now.....Argentina will win the next W.C. i am sorry to say because my system says so. i would prefer Italy but Argentina is the next best thing.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Oh Tazzy Bassy :).
I see you got your reasons down and everything...:).
It's only been 2 days, but maybe the time has come for you to elaborate a bit on your prediction system ? I do not intend to boast my teams chances too much here (not before the final week before the season starts anyway :)), but I simply CANNOT understand how you come to your conclusion.

Ciao.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am actually very reluctant to share it but it is how i usually get scores and such like correct before the games...like Inter @ Juventus last season i predicted a 1-0 loss for us and everyone was on my case.....can anyone say PippoGol?

Also the 2-1 win over Milan in the derby last season......GigiGOL!!!!!!!!!!

Also Viola being a flop and Juve surprising every one last season.

I'll give you a clue on it though....it has a lot to do with the Napoli days.....that is when i first created it. Back in the 1990 season.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hahaha good one.....some things are sacred.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts