Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

Look at the space Veloso had..

I hope Milan beat us to Tonali and we go for Kante.

I read Arsenal will get Partey

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I had never seen that JZ goal before

(At Verona, 96-97. Inter won 1-0 with that late goal)

Amazing solo effort.

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
It's worth a mention that Candreva's attacking numbers are quite good this season. Overall 9 assists and 6 goals so far.

Breakdown:

Candreva in Serie A:

1 Assist v Spal
1 goal v Brescia
2 assists v Genoa
1 goal v Lecce
1 assist v Samp
1 goal v Parma
1 assist v Parma
1 goal v Verona
1 assist v Sassuolo
1 assist v Milan

Candreva in CL:

2 assists v Dortmund
1 goal v Dortmund

Candreva in Coppa:

1 goal v Fiorentina

As a vice-Hakimi he should be ok

But with him being 33 years old (34 in February), next season will probably be Candreva's last at Inter.

So I would like to see Inter buy Moses, who is 4 years younger than Candreva.

Hakimi/Candreva/Moses should be ideal for 20-21.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Well without Bob's angry match threads I do like to watch Mario Inter and Luca Mastrangelo.

Mario Inter post-Verona reminded me of famous Xtratimer ninecats. The difference is that ninecats used to insult Milan by calling them chickens but Mario is insulting Inter players by calling them Polli/chickens

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
That's a bit of a childish overreaction there dude.

What would you have done if we were 9th (like in 12-13) or 8th (like in 14-15)?

And didn't you go through 93-94 when we finished 13th? I didn't but I believe you were a supporter then.

The team has faults of course and it sucks to concede an 85th minute equalizer. But we have been through worse (and better..)

Anyhow see you on Monday against Torino. Nacka will get us back to winning ways hopefully.

Forza Inter.
You threw your toys out of the pram back in the winter - I get to do it now.

I won't be watching this disgraceful team against Torino or SPAL. One of my best buddies here is from Rome so we'll watch the Roma game, but otherwise life is too short to watch these lazy retards concede 2/3 goals a game in an empty stadium.

Someone in management obviously dropped the ball very badly in terms of COVID-period fitness. The players' conditioning is diabolical, and significantly worse than Sassuolo, for example.

If these fake pros had had any semblance of prefssionalism, we'd be about 3 points off Juventus right now.

7 points dropped against Sass, Bologna, Verona while in winning positions is one of the most embarassing things I've witnessed as an Inter fan.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
What was bad about the performance of Inter yesterday is that they were literaly owned in the first half. Verona's fitness fell badly in the second half but in spite of that Inter managed to concede the equalizing goal. I didn't like the starting lineup. Why three center backs when Verona just had one forward? Why no side back behind Candreva? Lazovic in the first half did whatever he liked and Skriniar was forced to play in a way he doesn't like with the result that Lazovic went past him and scored after just 2 minutes. Borja Valero in the starting lineup? Mmm...ok... I suppose it's the result of playing one game every three days, but how can you keep him on the pitch till minute 88? The result is in the pic. At minute 85 Borja Valero was standing still while Veloso was receiving the winning assist.
Antonio Conte's football is outdated and he doesn't seem to exploit the potential of the team. The thing he is very good at is to blame the club for not buying 22 top players! Hey Ando', try to make for it, a coach should... no team in Italy has 22 top players, not even Juventus. Lazio and Atalanta have pretty much a pair of top players each and 3-4 which are very good. No more than that.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
The Guantanamo Bay reference was both hilarious and accurate though. Props to @red for that.

Btw, no comments about Amrabat? Dude looked elite yesterday. He toyed with people and did whatever he wanted. He does seem to have a bit of a dark side to his game though...and it seems like he likes to flirt with danger especially when it comes to us. Got a red card in the last outing; this time he led a charmed life. He would be on everyone's wishlist if he had a more "verticality" to his game like, say, Tonali. But this guy looks really good as a CM. With the right partners, he could become a much bigger name.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Post-COVID break, a lot of our players don't look the same. Lautaro would be the most obvious. But Brozovic is another big one. He really seems to lack the fitness and sharpness that makes him an elite player. Skriniar is off the boil...de Vrij lacks maybe half a second of his usual sharpness/quickness.

With the way we've been playing - predictable, slow and lumbering in the build-up - Barella is absolutely vital in the midfield and his absence his deafening.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
You threw your toys out of the pram back in the winter - I get to do it now.

I won't be watching this disgraceful team against Torino or SPAL. One of my best buddies here is from Rome so we'll watch the Roma game, but otherwise life is too short to watch these lazy retards concede 2/3 goals a game in an empty stadium.

Someone in management obviously dropped the ball very badly in terms of COVID-period fitness. The players' conditioning is diabolical, and significantly worse than Sassuolo, for example.

If these fake pros had had any semblance of prefssionalism, we'd be about 3 points off Juventus right now.

7 points dropped against Sass, Bologna, Verona while in winning positions is one of the most embarassing things I've witnessed as an Inter fan.
Difference is I said I won't post on XT, I was angry at you and Nacka not at Inter.

Anyhow I still maintain that despite the faults of this team, we have seen worse, much worse. So I am surprised with your reaction.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
What was bad about the performance of Inter yesterday is that they were literaly owned in the first half. Verona's fitness fell badly in the second half but in spite of that Inter managed to concede the equalizing goal. I didn't like the starting lineup. Why three center backs when Verona just had one forward? Why no side back behind Candreva? Lazovic in the first half did whatever he liked and Skriniar was forced to play in a way he doesn't like with the result that Lazovic went past him and scored after just 2 minutes. Borja Valero in the starting lineup? Mmm...ok... I suppose it's the result of playing one game every three days, but how can you keep him on the pitch till minute 88? The result is in the pic. At minute 85 Borja Valero was standing still while Veloso was receiving the winning assist.
Antonio Conte's football is outdated and he doesn't seem to exploit the potential of the team. The thing he is very good at is to blame the club for not buying 22 top players! Hey Ando', try to make for it, a coach should... no team in Italy has 22 top players, not even Juventus. Lazio and Atalanta have pretty much a pair of top players each and 3-4 which are very good. No more than that.
Verona had a spell where indeed they were better after they scored the early goal but Inter slowly got back to the game

Conte always uses 3 cbs, be it against Verona or any team. The bigger issue than starting with 3 at the back is actually playing with 3 CBs the whole game.

Verona beat juve and drew with Lazio this season, they are not a shit team but obviously dropping 2 points in the 85th minute is what pisses people off especially as this Inter keeps making costly mistakes, and not just in defence.

Lautaro passes to Alexis it's 1-3 and good night. This is a repeated scenario as we had chances to finish off Sassuolo and Bologna but failed to take advantage.

I was watching the highlights of this Verona game again and in the Veloso goal, the Verona player who assisted the 2nd goal got past Vecino and then Godin. Vecino simply should have kicked him outside of the penalty area, take a card but those players don't have enough aggressiveness/ruthlessness.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
We've definitely seen worse versions of Inter over the years. But the empty stadiums make it rather a depressing experience to watch. So Red's bleak outlook is somewhat understandable.

I'll still watch the games, but I'm pretty sure that I won't enjoy them.

·
Registered
46,132 Posts
The Guantanamo Bay reference was both hilarious and accurate though. Props to @red for that.

Btw, no comments about Amrabat? Dude looked elite yesterday. He toyed with people and did whatever he wanted. He does seem to have a bit of a dark side to his game though...and it seems like he likes to flirt with danger especially when it comes to us. Got a red card in the last outing; this time he led a charmed life. He would be on everyone's wishlist if he had a more "verticality" to his game like, say, Tonali. But this guy looks really good as a CM. With the right partners, he could become a much bigger name.
Amrabat could have been easily sent off a pair of times yesterday. He seems to me a poor men's Felipe Melo.
I also fear most of Verona players would look average the day you moved them from Hellas because even the ones with a mediocre past look good right now.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
Amrabat could have been easily sent off a pair of times yesterday. He seems to me a poor men's Felipe Melo.

I need a bigger sample size to judge. I'm basically going by yesterday's game since he wasn't this good in the previous one.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I think Amrabat is good, I remember watching him play for Morocco a few months ago and being impressed so much to the extent of posting about him on FB.

Toni has a point though. Ref was lenient early on with Amrabat and should have booked him. Towards end of half him and Valero got booked for an altercation...

Melo at Fiorentina was good from what I remember, juve paid good money to get him as he was rated. Problem is he was retarded..

Btw I was watching the game again and Verona pressed us quite high with 4-5 players which explains Samir getting a lot of touches with his feet. And also explains why Alexis had to drop deep to get the ball.

And credit where credit is due, aside from the pass to Candreva leading to the Dimarco og, Gagliardini delivered good passes to Candreva and Borja but both failed to score.

@red looks like Lazio will drop points again (this time v Sassuolo), so we may finish 2nd this season which would be a big progress according to you. Especially with Atalanta likely dropping points tonight in Turin.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Come to think of it, drawing with Sassuolo isn't a crime after all.

They held juve in Turin this season and almost won had Duncan been awarded a penalty against De Loled.

They are holding Lazio now at Olimpico

The criminal bit isn't our draw with Sassuolo per se, it's having chances to finish the game and not taking them.. oh well.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Lol Lazio are losing. 3 losses in a row now: Milan, Lecce and Sassuolo. Excellent form.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
@Nacka don't forget to do the Torino thread.

Looks like Lukaku will sit that one out to injury so Toro will need to score against Toro..

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Our only realistic chance of 3rd place now is to finish above Lazio.

There is no way in hell we finish above Atalanta, despite them having 33% of our budget (or whatever it is).

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Two dodgy ref-help penalties for Juve, who created basically nothing.

2 balls blasted at Atalanta players from short distances in totally unthreatening situations.

Should have been 2-0 Atalanta.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Absolutely disgraceful

81 - 100 of 102 Posts