Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday evening at 21:45 cet.

Verona are having a good season. Among their most impressive results are beating juve at Bentegodi and drawing with Lazio at Olimpico. 9th place is quite good considering they are newly promoted. Their coach, Gasperini's student Ivan Juric, actually worked at Inter for a short period in 2011 as an assistant to Gasperini in his ill-fated Inter stint.

I remember Juric being a good midfielder in the Genoa team that had the likes of Thiago Motta and Diego Milito under the guidance of Gasperini.

One of their main CBs, Rrhmani, is off to Napoli and Kumbulla is set for Lazio, which proves the work of Juric who of course uses 3 man defence like Gasperini did and does.

We needed a late great goal from Barella to beat Verona in Milano earlier this season, but he is out injured for tomorrow.

Bastoni and D'Ambrosio are suspended while Skriniar returns after a 3 match ban so 3 man defence should be made up of Skriniar, De Vrij and Godin. Wingbacks should imo be Young and Candreva, especially as Moses is not 100% (muscle fatigue)

Brozovic and Vecino should imo start in a 3 man midfield with Valero, with Eriksen coming on in the second half. Firstly because this is not an easy game and we need to make sure we are relatively more compact/solid in midfield, and secondly because Eriksen didn't do much in the last game.

Attack normally would be Lukaku-Lautaro but I would prefer to see Lautaro sit this one out on the bench with Alexis starting instead.

Inter are currently 4th after Atalanta's win against Sampdoria, but more importantly both Roma and Napoli won and cut the gap with us from -16 to -13. I am hoping we seal CL qualification as soon as possible so we can rest/rotate players for EL. The Getafe game matters more than any Serie A game for us now so let's hope we reach it with the best preparations possible.

Last time we played this fixture was in 17-18, with Valero and Perisic scoring for Inter.

It's worth mentioning that former Inter defender and 1989 Scudetto winner Andrea Mandorlini was the coach who guided Verona back to Serie A in 2013 after a long wait.

Forza Inter

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
They had something for Milan vs Juve but I hope there's a special tribute to Morricone before the opening whistle.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Gagliardini is playing so expect a loss

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah starting Gagliardini is like giving Verona an extra player to help them get a result. Would make no sense with Brozovic, Vecino and Valero fit.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
I love how Gags now makes Valero look like an absolute godsend.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Yeah. He makes Vecino look like the love-child of Pirlo and Xavi.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vecino isn't a great player but his clutch moments are undeniable. Lazio, Spurs, Milan, Roma..Gagliardini is clutch...but for our opponents.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Gagliaf××ktard and Valero both starting.

LOL

Welcome back to 2017

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so Conte listened to me :D at least partially by going with 3 cms and benching Lautaro and Eriksen, no idea what Gagliardini has to do to get benched? Score a hattrick of own goals?

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Verona's wbs tonight are former Inter players Faraoni (rwb) and Dimarco (lwb)

Interesting..

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1-0 lazovic

Skriniar the overrated cb...

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Hahaha

Skriniar and Hands murdered

Atrocious

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Pure comedy really

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Skriniar the overrated cb...
To be fair he has been played out of position for the entire season. Same with Godin, who has been far worse

I'd hardly call Godin overrated

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Candreva heads just wide

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Poor cross Candreva

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Disgraceful cross Candreva

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Veloso post..

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Candreva either offside, crossing into touch or shooting at opposition players' legs. So awful. Defensively nowhere to be seen.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dimarco close

1 - 20 of 102 Posts