Verona, can they make Europe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the revelations from season so far 2013/14 no doubt has been Verona.Who would've thought them lying pretty in 5th spot come the half way mark of the season?.

I wonder if they can keep it up and make the Europa league next season?,That would be great to see I reckon:D.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Well, it all depends how much kaka , balotelli,honda etc keep carrying allegri.

baffling ... milan have top 3 squad in italy imo. yet they are somehow behind verona, and lose a derby vs inferior inter side whose best attacking option is palacio ( sorry not kaka or balotelli level ).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think they have a reasonable shot at it because of the way their squad has been built. The back line is solid, unspectacular, but plays well together. Then they have a ton of quality in vital areas (Iturbe, Jorginho, Romulo, Gomez), combined with a proven veteran in front of goal whose physical attributes allow him to not be dragged down by age as much as some (e.g. He was never that fast anyway).

The main problem will be if any key players get injured, no way the depth is there to sustain at this point. Though they are helped by the fact that they don't 'need' to sell any players in January due to expiring contracts at the end of the season.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i don't know about us overatking Verona that is possible if we can get far more consistency&Verona of course drops a fair bit of points:smileani:.Inter I wouldn't be surprised catching Verona in the sense they're just behind them really.But if Verona make EL for e.g that would be quite special hope they do it:thumbsup::smileani:.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
They can, obviously, though I doubt they will. Especially if Jorginho leaves this month. Hopefully he won't. They're very fortunate, though, that Lazio and Udinese were so bad the first half.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
And the only Verona that Milan should be worried about is Chievo. Hellas is leaps and bounds better than Milan (obviously) though not quite good enough for the Europa League, imo.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
And the only Verona that Milan should be worried about is Chievo. Hellas is leaps and bounds better than Milan (obviously) though not quite good enough for the Europa League, imo.
yet we're the italian club left in the cl.:rimshot:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't mind seeing either or both of say Verona&Parma make the Europa league personally:D.

·
Registered
436 Posts
They might reach Europe, only to lose the players that got them there in the first place over the summer. Udinese-style.

I like Hellas a lot, but i just can't deal with that anymore.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah VV gonna be very hard as we know for both/either parma&Verona to keep many of their promising stars/youngsters etc etc.Unfortunately that is the case,even this month Jorginho is likely to leave Verona&with Parma maybe even Parolo:smileani:.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Had not seen much of Verona this season, but watched them at Milan yesterday and considering Milan started with a lot of pressure, Verona actually put in a good performance. Was very impressed with Iturbe. I heard Roma wanted him, but surely he will end up at a 'bigger' team next season in Serie A

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
The build up to the goal he laid on for Toni in Bologna was fantastic but yeah, he's been good all season.

I want Hellas to make it but also don't because they will sell and then be retarded in Europe as usual, not prepared, not having signed replacements. However, I think they will fade in the second part of the season and I expect Milan to catch them, Inter/Milan to finish 5-6.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
My post was written quite wrong. Roma are a big team for Serie A. I just meant that surely he will end up at a bigger team than Verona, not Roma :D

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
My post was written quite wrong. Roma are a big team for Serie A. I just meant that surely he will end up at a bigger team than Verona, not Roma :D
You were right first time.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts