Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an e-mail this morning saying that italian papers reported that Veron may leave Lazio at the end of the season to join Real.
Has anyone heard anything on that?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I posted that kind of rumor before. It said MU began to contact with Veron AFTER REAL FAIL TO GET HIM!!!
really sounds like ridiculous...but as you guys dream of ZZ, I really really really hope for Veron...

BTW, who heard that Lazio got into trouble because Veron's Italisn pastport was obtained illegally? it might be one of the factor to make him leave Lazio...

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard about it even on Greek TV! They were saying that a big problem arised, the whole thing even involved the italian D.A. They said it was very probable the italian authorities would search Veron's house to look for evidence and the houses of Lazio administratives as well. I haven't heard anything since though, probably the whole matter was covered up.

Anyway, I don't think this is a factor to make him want to leave Italy because it's a problem he'll have to face in every european club he's transfered to. A problem for the clubs that want him as well.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
But once it is proved to be true, Lazio will be cut all the points that they earned when Veron played in the pitch, which means Lazio will drop to the Serie B, I don't think that Lazio will still keep him at that time...but seldom will come true...

But also, Lazio now want Vieri back, they need $$$...ya know what I mean...

[This message has been edited by real player (edited 12-05-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
The reason I wanted ZZ so much is he was a real possibilty in my mind and Veron wasn't. But if this is true, I would rather have Veron as he is IMO slighly bettre and definitely younger! Go all out for him Sanz...what might suck though is he's another Non EU :( Still our playmaker problem would be gone for sure... :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I have always been saying our biggest problem is our lack of a playmaker. All our goals come from the wings (in reality from Savio, because Macca hasn't done that too much), and that isn't enough to take the treble next year :) we need someone who can be a regisseur of the game. I would love any of the three:
Tsartas (at least he's cheap)
Veron
Zinedine Zidane

Redondo just can't do it as a playmaker. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts