Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are double champions while ManU are trippel losers :D so why not have a go at them, To kick at those who already are on the floor is always good :fero: .
No Seriously I think Veron has destroyed very much for United and if I was a ManU fan :)rolleyes: ) I would have prefered my club to spend 27 millions at Igor Stepanovs instead.
Veron has a few good passes and make a couple of fantastic things but his lazy and arrogant attitude destroys alot for ManU. I belive that Just like players like Roy Keane and Tony Adams fires up thieir team mates with thieir energy players like Veron have a bad influnce on the whole team. For example when ManU are 2 goals down a player like Veron already have given up and that makes his team mates feel the same.

ManU would proberly not have won the league without you anyway but thank you Seb for many funny moments this seasone :D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Somewhere, I've seen statistics for the games with and without Veron - and it's quite interesting.

Without Veron starting, Man Utd have got 98% of points available - i.e. won all of them, but drew once.

With Veron starting, Man Utd have got 58% of points available.

For a British record transfer fee, you'd expect the opposite result...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Veron, Worst Buy Ever?

No i dont think so...

I think he just needs more time to settle and realise thats ENGLISH football is different to ITALIAN football and make the changes...

I can see a totally different Veron next season!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I think it's time Alex Ferguson just admitted Veron was a stupid buy, as was Forlan. It all evens out, RVN and in the latter half of the season Blanc were good buys.

Why he bought Veron when it was clear another top defender was needed is beyond me ...

·
International
9,526 Posts
dyertribe said:
I think it's time Alex Ferguson just admitted Veron was a stupid buy

Why? what would be gained by that, other than giving opposition fans the opportunity for a good laugh. He's not been brilliant, thats for sure, but I can see the logic behind ithe move from Fergie's point of view.

It does take some players longer to adapt to a big club than others. I remember Ince, who was world class in his younger days, taking 2 years to adjust, and also Keano at least a season. As for Forlan, from what I have seen so far, I think he's a shrewd buy. He will do well for us, in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
If not, Forlan could join the travelling lookalike circus as Karel Poborsky ... ;)

·
Registered
13,848 Posts
Veron is one of the best players in the world. You might not like his attitude, but, the things you considder a few good passes, is quite the best anyone can do in the whole universe.
I´m not actually a Veron fan, but it takes a blind man to see how good he is.
But, he probably doesn´t fit in Man U squad, and that is Ferguson´s fault! I remember when Manchester won CL, everyone said how bad they needed a player for that position, they were trying to get Rivaldo and all...
Thing is they had to change the whole 4-4-2, with very particular players for avery position on midfield ( Beckham and his technique, Keane as a fighter and leader, Giggs as a typical winger, and specially Scholes, playing as trange role as defensive mid but scoring a lot and attacking).
With a playmaker like Veron, the whole line-up changes, and it´s up to the coach to solve that.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
how does veron being crap or not relate to arsenal?
you should post this in the man utd forum for their thoughts
it is man utd's player
so i think they would have the better view on him then us

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
dyertribe said:
If not, Forlan could join the travelling lookalike circus as Karel Poborsky ... ;)
Or Sally Gunnell !!:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've seen Veron play at Lazio and I admit I thought he was one of the best players in the world, but the Premiership and Man U's style of play doesn't suit veron at all, so £28 million was a waste.

Look how Wenger spent £28.5 million

1. Vieira = £3 million
2. Petit = £3 million
3. Overmars= £7.5 million
4. Anelka = £500,000
5. Pires = £7 million
6. Ljungberg = £3 million
7. Campbell = FREE
8. Kanu = £4.5 million

Amazing!!:D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bastin, Really Intresting stats, Wehre have you found it?

Goonermc: Really amazing,

SWILLy: Ok I can see what you mean but ManU is our worst rivals and it`s no point post something like this in the ManU forum I think, Anyway I`ll leave it to Gareth or Wakky and if they think it not belong here I apoloize.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Re: Veron, Worst Buy Ever?

vedz said:
No i dont think so...
I can see a totally different Veron next season!
Yeah, you'll see one playing for Lazio!

I saw it on 90 Minutes (Sky Sports). They show things like that all the time. I can't remember the exact figures, but they are 98% and roughly 55-60%.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think its unwise for an arsenal fan to make fun of Man U, considering they have dominated the last ten years of the league Asrenal play in.

But Veron was misused and at the same time, when he was at Lazio he wasn't rated highly like he was as soon as Man U bought him. I mean, Veron was great, but once Man U bought, he became better than Zidane over night. They hyped him up too much as they always hype Man U. So it wasnt his fault as they expected him to be like Maradona at Napoli.

Fergie played him wrong and veron couldnt play his natural game. but he is inconsistant and lazy and he has a mouth bigger than texas.

i think Veron will prove you wrong this WC, thats if you think he isn't good. he is good, but one of the best going around.

and when Wenger bought those players, Vieira was a young Milan reject, Pires was a good buy, but most of those signings took at least two years before they became the status which they are at now.

they are great buys still, its just that due to Arsenal low budget, they still have to look for players who are cheap and will become great where as Man U have gone with the big italian and spanish clubs policy of buying established already.

ie. Veron, now Thuram....

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Veron is a GOOD buy

he is a smooth, elegant player
THIS IS HIS FIRST SEASON!!
PIRES HAD HIS FIRST SEASON LAST YEAR AND HE DIDNT PERFORM WELL, NIETHER DID HENRY WHEN HE FIRST CAME!
calm down
its his first one, dont need to bag him out.
verons passing is so dam good it just isnt funny. maybe you people will see something like that in ther world cup. just wait next year, he'll do great. you got to see some wonderful passing this year by him anyway. and the goals his scored were great too.
if you want to vent fustration on man utd, do it on man utd but not their players. because some of them, like beckham, are good players and you cant deny that.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
You may have noticed a clause in Veron's contract stating that if he is ever unhappy with the selection policies at Old Trafford, he can leave for £28.1m (same price for which he was bought). I reckon that Barcelona and Lazio are interested in this option.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have struggled long until I find the right description for Veron.

Lack of commitment... over the entire season. Boooooooo!

This is bad enough to offset all his strengths.

Come on! He is a pure joke:D Sell him asap.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel sorry for Veron. Highly skilful players need confidence to perform to the best of their form and his has been completely undermined by the constant BS he has to put up with (much like this thread. :))

He's never given a chance to settle in one position but I think there's a more important reason for his lack of form. At Lazio he was a star, the fans worshipped him and so he played magnificently. At Man U he's an overpriced foreign ego, the fans give him stick and so he plays badly.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn`t be suprised to see Veron be named player of the tournament in this summers world cup. In Argentina he`s a great player but his lazy and arroggant attitude drag the whole ManU team down and I can imagine that Roy Keane is really frustuated with him.
I think that Ferguson did his biggest misstake ever when he split up the midfield with Beckham Scholes Keane Giggs and bought Veron and I would like to thank him for that :D .

Thieir are reasons to why Veron always is substitied against Arsenal, The games are to hard for him,

Congratulation to your new Vieira ManU :D .

I guess I`ll have to run pretty fast now !

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
it wasnt a mistake for ferggie
he'll do great next season after he is more use and suited to man utd
why else is he nicknamed brujita - the little witch?
BECAUSE: his able to conjure up something out of nothing. he has marvellous array of skill and is a leader who stands up in big matches. he will shine in the world cup and then bring that to man utd. threads like this piss me off, because all players play bad sometime and they dont deserve to have some stupid thread getting posted about them how sht they are. i mean, we made shtty buys too, jeffers hasnt looked up the amount of money we paid for him, if it was that, jeffers costed us 1million each time he came off the bench this season, worth it?inhamoto, if arsene bought him for his skill, where is it??
stop looking at other teams so called "crap" buys when their not, expecially in the arsenal forum, and concentrate on arsenal's buys like jeffers and inhamoto which was worth it so much either.

:fero:
almost everyone on the planet knows he is a good player
it takes time

1 - 20 of 33 Posts