Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SA Exclusive: Lazio On Verge Of Annoucing Veron Homecoming

SoccerAge.com can exclusively reveal that Lazio chairman Sergio Cragnotti will soon announce Juan Sebastian Veron's shock return to the Italian Serie A giants.

In light of the Biancocelesti's humiliating elimination from the Coppa Italia and the consequent free-fall of the value of the floated club's shares, the Lazio Presidente intends to bring investors back to the struggling Roman side by announcing the return of the Argentine international, even though Veron will end the season at Manchester United.

The announcement is expected by the end of the month.

Sources close to SoccerAge also indicate Manchester United have no problems letting the player go, as Veron is not considered to be vital towards the team's success.

Only yesterday Veron told Italian paper Corriere Dello Sport,

"To be honest I would be happy to go back in Italy, but only to play for Lazio, which I consider to be my home."

soccerage.com

---------------------------------------------------

:happy:

·
Registered
378 Posts
folks,it was me who wrote this thread,but i don't know why was it posted under the name mahmoud:confused:!but i think this will help me to know why:

http://www.xtratime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61508

---------------------------------------------------------

anyway,i really think that we'll see Veron Back in lazio's jersey next season,Veron said himself that he wants to come back and asked Cragnotti to move for him.

Veron is a real Laziali:angel:!

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
It is all over the place now .. Veron said he wants to go back (allegedly) and soccerage and onefootball both say that his return is imminent ... but it is still only a rumour ... good luck with that ... Seria A needs those great players ...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Crespobomber or anyone from middle east/sub continent. What is it that makes you pretty much adopt Argentina as your nation to support. I can understand that say for you Crespo Bomber it wouldnt be very fun supporting Jordan as its not what you call a futbol force in the world.

It just seems to me like its a jumping on the best team in the worlds bandwagon. Much so like many Man Utd fans or even Laziali. But I can also see that Argentina is very fun to watch.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Do Lazio have funds to get Juan Veron from Manchester United,or do u think Lazio will sell some players and get Veron back:confused:!.Anyway Lazio fans dont get your hopes up to high remember these sites are all bullsh!ters and you just never know until it happens:).

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
Crespobomber or anyone from middle east/sub continent. What is it that makes you pretty much adopt Argentina as your nation to support. I can understand that say for you Crespo Bomber it wouldnt be very fun supporting Jordan as its not what you call a futbol force in the world.

It just seems to me like its a jumping on the best team in the worlds bandwagon. Much so like many Man Utd fans or even Laziali. But I can also see that Argentina is very fun to watch.
Thats because Middle Eastern woke up on soccer during the reign of Argentina nd Germany, in the mid-80s to the early 90s.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Veron back to Lazio ? It would surely be great, but do we really think just one player will change everything ? I don't really think so, at least not at the moment when I'm seeing the worst football ever played by Lazio.

We will most probably have to sell Mendieta and/or Fiore o get Veron back, but I really don't know why would he want to move back to us after only 1 season in ManScum ??! :confused: He was good, he scored, he passed, he was one of their best player, and suddenly he is announced to be back at Lazio in 2002/03 ?

He will be an usefull addition to our squad, but at this point he wouldn't have made any differnece in our game... We have to grow our players morale to be GOOD again first...

·
Registered
378 Posts
El Matador,i can't understand why did you did only specified the middle east?

anyway...Its not jumping or diving!explaining why do anyone have passion for this team or that is almost impossible(for me) to explain...so you got me there buddy;)!

·
International
6,519 Posts
Veron: "Very happy at United" Posted January 19, 2002 - 18:41 by Mattias

Manchester United midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron on Saturday dismissed reports that he is seeking a move back to Italy. United's 28 million pound (40 million dollar) record summer capture from Lazio had hinted he would consider a return to the Rome club in an interview with Italian newspaper Corriere Dello Sport.

The Argentina international's poor recent form has led to speculation that United may cash in on him, but the 26-year-old insists he has no intention of walking out on Old Trafford. He told the Manchester Evening News: "I am satisfied with what I have done so far but I know I have a lot more in myself to give and that's what I am trying to do.
"I am very happy at Manchester United. The thought of leaving has never entered my head. I want to clear that up right away.

"I will be redoubling my efforts to make a big impact for the rest of the season. I hope the Manchester United fans will get more of a chance to see the type of things I did in Italy over the next weeks and months."

The former Sampdoria, Parma and Lazio star made an instant impact in the Premiership with some fine early season performances but has since struggled to recapture that form. He admits he has taken time to settle in England but insists United will see the best of him in the future.

He added: "I had a good start here at Old Trafford but things did then dip and level out. I have a lot more to offer. I know I can get better and I will be doing my very best to improve. "Everyone at the club has done everything they can to help me settle. The people in this country have treated me really, really well.

"But it has taken me longer to adapt to English football than I expected and longer than when I moved to Italy from Argentina.
"As a player you grow in stature with the different types of experiences you have in football. Italy helped me a lot as is England now. I will become a better player for being over here.

"I have every intention of completing my five-year contract here at Manchester United. I'm very, very happy."

-------------------

Right up our a$$es... :rolleyes::rollani:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
no...he and man utd both said veron is staying...so forget about him...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm afraid MU won't let JSV leave Manchester so easily. If Beck and club can't come to a new contract, if they wake up to that JSV is invaluable finally, we must pay for the stupid dicision last year.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Does anyone really want Veron for £38mil?

I dont.

Its better to buy riquemle who comes at less than 1/3 of the price or even D'Alessandro who is the future.
But for now we have Liverani, Fiore who will come good given time, talent doesnt dissapear. He needs trust. And till now we have DeLaPena with Baronio coming back from loan

We dont need more centre mids, especially attacking minded ones.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
Does anyone really want Veron for £38mil?

I dont.

Its better to buy riquemle who comes at less than 1/3 of the price or even D'Alessandro who is the future.
But for now we have Liverani, Fiore who will come good given time, talent doesnt dissapear. He needs trust. And till now we have DeLaPena with Baronio coming back from loan

I would want him back if we sell off all these talentless so called superstars that fail to impress.

I would sell all of those guys and buy Veron back because its the sensible thing to do.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Triz bro I was havin touble understandin who you were. Havent seen you in ages or maybe the new nick confused me.

I think that if Fiore and Mendieta are sold no replacment is needed. We need the money and dont Need Veron because hes too expensive to bring back.

Just look at this Mendieta + DPL + $30mil for Veron :eek:
With Liverani, Baggio or Simeone to partner Gianni in the midfield I'm happy.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
Triz bro I was havin touble understandin who you were. Havent seen you in ages or maybe the new nick confused me.

I think that if Fiore and Mendieta are sold no replacment is needed. We need the money and dont Need Veron because hes too expensive to bring back.

Just look at this Mendieta + DPL + $30mil for Veron :eek:
With Liverani, Baggio or Simeone to partner Gianni in the midfield I'm happy.
Why do you believe such crazy rumors? there is no way we are offering that much. Well, DLP is going for free in the summer anyways, so whats the difference, but 30million+Mendieta is false. Do you really think Any businessman would be stupid enough to make such a bad deal? It would be a terrible loss financially.

You say Liverani, Baggio or Simeone to partner gianni in the midfield, but how can these guys really get us the scudetto? Lets be honest here...These guys you mentioned will not win it by themselves. Liverani has been here only a few months and he has played well, until a few weeks ago when he was being benched for poor form. How can you be so trusting to such players. If we were Udinese, that midfield would be fine, but this is Lazio! We want huge talents but for good price. Our DMs look good, but our creativity from the midfield lacks and thats what Veron brought to us when he was here.

I also would agree with bringing cheaper players with great talents...Riquelme, D'allesandro and Romagnoli are available to purchase, but it seems like Cragnotti is blind to see the potential these players have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
Does anyone really want Veron for ?8mil?

I dont.

but riquemle needs time to adept himself to the team...Do you think our chairman has enough patience to wait??After all veron is familar with the city Rome and Lazio.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Your right triz man, but I was just trying to focus on my point that I would be dissapointed if Veron came for so much money.

I though think that Fiore, Liverani, Simeone, Giannichedda are enough for Scudetto provided we can keep our team and bring in 1 to 2 players.

Payaso: Do u think 2 months time for adjustment is worth $40mil? Well thats how much extra we would pay for Veron. Its more of a self satisfaction thing. I want my team to build a star not buy an already star for truckloads of cash.

All said and done Veron is up there with the greatest players in the world and if I could add one player to the midfield it would be him.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Veron has stated that he doesnt want to return to lazio so all you fans against it dont need to worry:).

He will be even more happy with the arrival of Forlan coz now he can speak his native Spainish to him and Forlan can translate English to him since Forlan speaks it:).

I'd Say Lazio just build with what they have ,they dont need no Veron at the moment:).I mean 5-0 against Perugia:D.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts