Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is rumoured that Veron is heading for Real Madrid!!!

A midfield of Veron/Redondo and a strikeforce of Raul and Morientes seems deadly to me.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I read this too in a newspaper this week but don't even consider it as true !! Lazio is never going to sell Veron. He is actually going to extend his contract till 2005 ! Veron says he loves Rome and would like to stay. Eriksson and Cragnotti also confirmed that Veron was one of the best players of Lazio.

Eriksson: "When Veron plays good, Lazio plays good"

Cragnotti : "Veron isn't for sale"

Veron : "I owe a lot to both Rome and Cragnotti and they are ready to offer me a new deal."

Conclusion : Stop dreaming about having Veron in Real ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but Lazio have been known to sell anyone for the right price no matter how important to the team - Vieri? Also just before he went to Lazio he stated it would be a dream come true to play for Real but Lazio won the race. Also Lazio have been willing to consider part exchange deals with Inter for Veron. Trust me he is not untouchable at Lazio almost everyone is available for the right price. I think the only exception to this is Nesta.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't think you're right. Vieri was a mistake of Cragnotti and he knows it now. He won't do this again and i think that the reason that Vieri left was more because he knew what he could earn on salary in Inter and Lazio wouldn't gave him the same thing.. It's also not only the player who decides everything about his transfer. When teams can sell players for the double what they paid him they rather see him leave .. But this don't work for players who you just can't replace..

Eriksson is also a decising factor in the transfers and he asked Cragnotti many times to buy him Veron and now he has him, he isn't going to let him leave...
And those part-exchange offers between Lazio and Inter are mostly rumours so you don't know what's true about it.
We'll have to wait to see what is true about these rumours.

I still believe that Lazio won't sell players like Veron, Nesta, Nedved,.. but i could be wrong !

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I agree that Veron is definitely not untouchable, but I also think he is not heading for Madrid. I think he will stay at Lazio for another year at least.

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
This Veron rumor is well around, isn't it? I have even seen it in spanish websites and it's in all Real Madrid mailing lists!
I reckon there's probably some talk (which means he's not non-negotiable), so if it doesn't happen in the end it will probably be a question of price.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Veron is intouchable and i don't believe anything else until someone can confirm me he isn't ;)

Those Real mailing lists, are they with news from the press are also official sources ?? If it came from an official source i probably have to reconsider my view about his (possible) transfer...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you guys remember Veron having troubles with his Italian passport???????? Lazio could be in big trouble cuz he might have played in matches where he was 4th non EU player cuz his Italian passport is false. They might me tempted to sell cuz of this........

Also hear that Stankovic of Lazio is real bound.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
According to the magazine "L'Espresso" Juan Sebastian Veron's Italian passport is legal. They also write that there is nothing strange the way Veron got his Italian passport.
Always according to the magazine the Italian football federation has all the papers that proves that Veron had the right to become Italian citizen.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
No, no, no, that will be argue again. Veron is better than Zidane!....if he can be more consistent......then Veron rulzzzzzzz

anyway, this rumor just seems so false. Of course Lazio may sell him, but the price would not less than 40M!
and we don't have that much $, also, Veron doesn't fit us very well

About the mail list....dunno, last month I got the wing of our official website stuffs, and it was soooo TRUE! But I never will expect that those mail lists are that trustworthy.
If you guys just like rumors, we have other two Arg targets, Riquelme (old one, kept talking times on times) and Saviola (new one).

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
cragnotti said that veron is worth 60-65million. in other words, he isnt for sale...erikkson loves veron and he said the most important player in lazio was veron this year.

it is highly unlikely with the debt real madrid is in, that they could afford to pay such a high amount.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I for once have to agree with Argentina 100%. This Veron stuff cannot be true for so many reasons I find it absolutely impossible it will somehow come true. Not that I don't want it too, only having a great hope and than for it to dissapear is just too dissapointing. Anyway from what I heard Riquelme was coming to AC Milan in 2001 and Saviola, well he's great in CM3, but this is real life guys ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saviola is not the greatest footballer ever for the future as so many people like to point out but he really is very very good and I would love to see him at Real.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts