Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juan Sebastian Veron has stated his commitment to Manchester United in probably the most definitive terms since joining the club a year ago. Constant media speculation about his future has dogged him for months but in an interview with the official Manchester United magazine, he has again dismissed the rumours of a return to Lazio and says he is staying at United.

"Nothing has ever come from my lips that I want to return to Italy" said Seba. "I've actually only spoken once to the Italian press since I became a United player."

"All this stuff is made up, pure speculation. It is like a campaign by my old club who want me back. Cragnotti, the Lazio president, speaks to the Italian media and maybe what they are doing is creating some kind of positive slant just to divert the attention away from the club's troubles this year."

Veron is determined to help United bounce back from a disappointing season which saw the club finish trophyless for the first time since 1998.

"You have to accept these things, roll up your sleeves and begin again next year" added Veron.

"From bad comes good, you've got to hope that is the case. If we don't win something next year I've got a five-year contract and if we don't win something in five years I will be upset!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.redcafe.net/news/story.php3?id=20020531142536

Looks like our friend Veron is happy and staying ;)
Bye bye Juve/Lazio & co :D

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
when Veron lines up for Man U next season, then you can say bye bye to Lazio and Juve.

But as these rumours of Fergie wanting Nesta are popping up, the likes of Veron is the player Lazio would want from that Man U team. excluding becks, keane, scholes who would not leave man u.

so, i wouldnt be so sure.

A perfect example is, juve last season. Nedved signed a new 5 year contract with lazio, and then the next day, he was in a juve shirt. how does that work??

i wouldnt say that veron is 100% sure of staying.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
True,contracts today arent worth anything these days but I don't think Fergie will let go of Seba so soon(after a single season:eek:).We all know what Veron's capable of and perhaps after a good WC(he had a good game today;)),he'll return more confident and determined to prove his worth with United.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
well even though i hate veron when he plays for mu i still think it would be a big loss for the league if a world class player like hi leaves the league

that seemz very likely now though considerin veron said that hell talk for his future after the world cup n he also said that hell take in consideration the interest of italian teams

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I dont think Veron is going to leave Man U. I dont have any logical reasoning behind my assumption but I just get this feeling that Veron will stay in Man U for many years to come.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Tuesday, June 4, 2002
Veron considers Italy return

Juan Sebastian Veron says he will not give a second thought for his Manchester United team-mates when Argentina meet England on Friday and said he could leave Old Trafford to return to Italy.

Veron: Italy return?
(Photo/Reuters)
Veron will line up against Paul Scholes and David Beckham but cast more more doubt over whether he will be playing alongside them next year following his disappointing first season in the Premiership.

The former Lazio midfielder said: `At times I feel like I've been humiliated. I just wanted to show the Manchester United fans what I can do.

`I would like to talk about my future but I don't think this is the right time. Maybe after the World Cup.

`There are some clubs in Italy interested in me. For now we will just have to wait and see,' quotes The Sun.

Veron added: `Everyone will now be going on about me playing against England, but I am not playing against England.

`I am playing for my country, Argentina. I have no feelings for the English people.

`Of course I know players in the England team. Some of them very well, because they play for my club.

`But my concern is for my country. Our people back home will expect us to win.'

soccernet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts