Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veron doesn’t expect recall Monday 20 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan Sebastian Veron has admitted defeat in his bid to be a part of Argentina’s 2006 World Cup plans.

The Inter playmaker has been a key member for his club, but has been overlooked by national boss Jose Pekerman for most of his reign in charge of the side.

Although Veron wouldn’t look out of place on German soil in the summer, he admitted on Monday that the World Cup door has basically been shut in his face.

“I think it will be very difficult for me to be a part of the 23 man squad,” he told an Argentine radio station.

“I haven’t been a part of the recent call-ups and I think the Coach will pick on other players come this summer.”

Veron’s exclusion has surprised many given his form, but he insists that his omission from the squad is purely down to tactics.

“I think I’ve been left out for just footballing reasons,” continued the 30-year-old who will probably now not feature in another World Cup tournament.

“After all, I haven’t got or ever had a problem with Pekerman. I haven’t argued with anyone in the squad.”

Meanwhile, Veron again seemed to confirm that he will probably stay at Inter for one more season despite wanting a return to his homeland.

“At this present time, I think it will be hard to see me playing for Estudiantes because I still have a year left on my contract with Chelsea,” he added.

“In order to rescind that there would be a substantial amount of money needed. It all depends on Chelsea, even if I have a great desire to come home.”

channel4

·
Registered
544 Posts
does he wanto be apart of of the NT'06?? hahaha HAHAHAHAH
:howler: instat of who? Aimar?? D'alssandro? or Riquelme?? or Lucho?? is this cind of joke?
when those guys killing them shelfs to even be on the bench!!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The story of Veron, a man who loved his country and gave his all, even if he was limited at times by factors out of his control.

The story of Veron, a man who was cast into shadow by his countrymates, and never got the respect he deserved.

Alas, sad.....:(

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Al Capone said:
The story of Veron, a man who loved his country and gave his all, even if he was limited at times by factors out of his control.

The story of Veron, a man who was cast into shadow by his countrymates, and never got the respect he deserved.

Alas, sad.....:(
as a fan of argenina foorball tema for the pat 16 years i feel the team is in turmoil. the team seems to be run by the press, and the coach is not picking the best p;layers(ibarra, gonzalo, aguero, palacios and veron).

while people say aguero is good enough to be in squad(which even im starting to believe), the same people dont think veron is, even though he has been most consistent argentinian performer in europe.
it obvious that people do not want him playing for footballing reasons, and its personal, mainly beacuese of 2002, which is supriseng givin that he hardly played.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Veron had his chance and failed. Time for other players to have their chance, plus, I do not want to see another I-do-not-give-a-****-look at his face again like in 2002!

·
Registered
544 Posts
there was a time when verons had a (Passing) instinct, always wiht his hard corners made huge chanses to score! :rolleyes: ya man i remember wiht a beiutiful memory!

BUT! dont miss understund me there was a time when veron was my favorite PM.. :rolleyes: Riquelme is god, just thinking of hes dribbling he made at bocha junior on the side line...dammeee :thumbsup: :flirt:

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Pooh said:
Veron had his chance and failed. Time for other players to have their chance, plus, I do not want to see another I-do-not-give-a-****-look at his face again like in 2002!
Totally agree, Pooh. His attitude in 2002 was really bad. Even given that he was somewhat injured, you wouldn't have seen the same attitude in someone like Simeone.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Yep, as great as he can get on his day, his attitude is the total opposite! I mean you can see a very bad Riquelme like in the CC final but you can also see that he was really sad because Argentina lost unlike Veron who dose not care.

Totally agree, Pooh.
That will go down in my siggy :D

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Pooh said:
Yep, as great as he can get on his day, his attitude is the total opposite! I mean you can see a very bad Riquelme like in the CC final but you can also see that he was really sad because Argentina lost unlike Veron who dose not care.

That will go down in my siggy :D

we will see come chamionleaguematch. all inter argentinian will shine.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Pooh said:
They can shine for money as much as they can. I do not care. I want hearts go out for Argentina not for sh!t Milan.
Somebody ought to carve that in stone at the Argentina training camp.

·
Registered
342 Posts
well..
pablito got injured today... dunno how serious..
Veron might get a call up if Pablito's injury is serious.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Young07 said:
i feel sorry for Veron, i think he does deserve the call, not as starter though

1. riquelmehas been in crap form2.
2. aimar completely outshone riquelme yesterday and was awesome
3. i dont want argentina to make mistake by not playing their form players in world cup.

riquelme hasnt been gr8 for pst month now. wheres as veron has ben awesoma and aimar is getting better.

even in ole and lanacion they were saying how aimar upstaged riquelme who never got in the game

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I can say with 100% certainty, Riquelme has been extremely good in at least 2 games since returning from injury (both of which I've watched the 90 minutes of - it shouldn't be hard to figure out what ones).

So what you're saying about Riquelme, in part, is simply not true. No idea what your beef is with him, but what you're saying is incorrect.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bocha said:
I can say with 100% certainty, Riquelme has been extremely good in at least 2 games since returning from injury (both of which I've watched the 90 minutes of - it shouldn't be hard to figure out what ones).

So what you're saying about Riquelme, in part, is simply not true. No idea what your beef is with him, but what you're saying is incorrect.
i really rate riquelme i think he is awesome player. all im saying is he has games where he is average, he been really quite in other games after injury aswell.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
people balme veron for playing crap in last world up despite him ing n good form now.
what about sorin, he played crap aswell, missed to easy headers against sweden.
but no one seems upset with him.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's not that Veron played crap in last world cup (although he did) it's just that there is really no place for him in this team: he has a history of dividing dressing rooms, would not make a 'happy' substitute and he simply is not as good today as Riquelme or Aimar is (I would even take Gallardo, D'alessandro and Gracian ahead of him).
Also, let's give Roman a break: he is blatantly working through injury. I mean, a 'back injury', what is that? Is it his spine, his muscles, the discs? That's a bigger worry: the fact that no one seems to know exactly what his injury is.
He may also bne picking his games: you know, choosing which games to put the most effort in to save himself and avoid further injury. For example, I predict he has a great game, win, lose or draw, against Inter.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts