Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gustavo Mascardi, agent of several Argentine players including Juan Sebastian Veron and Hernan Crespo, has told radio network 'La Red' that there is a top Italian club ready to offer $60m (€63m) for Lazio midfielder Veron.

"A few days before I left Italy to return to Argentina, there was a similar offer in a meeting between two important club chairmen," Mascardi explained.

"Lazio are not interested in selling Veron but if the offer was good enough, anything could happen," the agent added.

It is thought that the two presidents Mascardi is talking about are Sergio Cragnotti (Lazio) and Massimo Moratti (Inter) who met last week to discuss Christian Vieri's return to Rome. It was then that Moratti displayed his interest in the Argentine midfielder.

About the talks between Lazio and Parma for Crespo, Mascardi repeated what newspapers have been speculating in the past few days.

“Lazio made a bid of around 130 billion lire (€67m), but Parma want a week to decide and find a substitute for Hernan. It is possible that they will move for River Plate’s Colombian striker, Juan Pablo Angel," concluded the agent.
WE COULD GET VERON !!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Pretty impressive Igor....as for Veron, I can guarantee you INTER fans one thing, if Veron comes, Pirlo will be sold, because Veron is a TRUE playmaker, at least with Seedorf, he can play central midfield and Pirlo could play the playmaking spot, but if Veron comes, say bye to PIRLO....

VERON.....GET THE HELL OUT OF INTER NEWS....

If INTER are so willing to spend $60M dollars, then why didn't Moratti go after Roberto Carlos....he would've been a better aquisition then Veron....

[Edited by Jupiter on 27-06-2000 at 00:52]

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hey Igor very impressive//
:cool::cool:
I think veron would add great importance to the midfield..He is a good player..
He can be very dangerous..Their is disadvantages and Advantages to everything..
Buying one player over another..
I just hope INTER knows what they are doing..With veron we would definitly add to midfield..
The SUKUR AND VIERI thing i am not sure of YET>>

N

·
0 Posts
Veron is one of the best playmakers in the world but not worth 42 million pounds or whatever 60 million dollars is, no doubt it was Veron who won Lazio the scudetto, I think Pirlo should be given the oppurtunity to shine at Inter.

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...

Thanks guys...u could do it too, u know....
As for Veron...even if he will replace Pirlo, i am fine with it...he is better then him!!!!
I think that 60 million $ , is a lot of cash !!!
We could buy a lot of good players - for that money...
but still , Veron is Veron...
& I would be very :D - if he will join us...
FORZA INTER !!!( With or Without Veron)

HERE IS ANOTHER ARTICLE:

Juan Sebastian Veron’s agent has revealed that the Lazio midfielder is the subject of a £40 million bid – and the Rome club might accept the offer so they can buy Hernan Crespo from Parma.

It is thought that Inter want Veron to line up alongside his compatriots Javier Zanetti and Diego Simeone at the San Siro next season, but Gustavo Mascardi, Veron’s agent, refused to disclose the club’s identity.

Inter president Massimo Moratti has spent time with his Lazio counterpart Sergio Cragnotti recently. The two failed to thrash out a move for Christian Vieri, although they did thrash out a swap deal involving goalkeepers Angelo Peruzzi and Marco Ballotta.

Mascardi told Radio La Red in Argentina: "I know that two Italian presidents talked about Veron a few days ago and they were the presidents of two important clubs.

"Lazio are not interested in selling the player but the offer of £40 million could be decisive."

If Lazio choose to sell the 25-year-old, they will surely use the money to fund an even bigger-money move for another Argentinian, Parma striker Hernan Crespo.

Cragnotti has already bid £45 million for the forward and Alberto Malesani’s side are trying to line up a replacement before agreeing the deal.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
It makes sense on the deal..Cash for veron..As for lazio they gain to up an offer for Crespo..
But does VEron really fit into INTER' midfield..
I would like to think so..
On the flip side veron's pressence could assure someones departure>
WHO????
Bye the way how did you get the Waving Flag..

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Wait wait , did i missed something?
Quote: It is thought that Inter want Veron to line up alongside his compatriots Javier Zanetti and Diego Simeone at the San Siro next season, but Gustavo Mascardi, Veron’s agent, refused to disclose the club’s identity.

Uh. i thought Simeone is already gone.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Wait wait , did i missed something?
Quote: It is thought that Inter want Veron to line up alongside his compatriots Javier Zanetti and Diego Simeone at the San Siro next season, but Gustavo Mascardi, Veron’s agent, refused to disclose the club’s identity.

Uh. i thought Simeone is already gone. Can somone clearify on that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts