Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

T-1000 :proud:

Is there anything this guy can't do?

A monstrous defender with a crazy eye for goal.

A no-brainer for the PFA team of the year in his first season in England.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Still not convinced by this guy against elite attacks tbh. Didn't impress me in the Man U or Chelsea games. Very good defender but needs to do that before I'd rate him as one of the best in the premiership.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was actually one of our best players in the Man Utd and Chelsea games, Denilson and poor play from the fullbacks allowed those teams to run through and score. Vermaelen and Gallas saved us many times in those games.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
He was prone to being bullied, not covering space and played shit against Man City too.

My picks for the PFA team at centre back would be Richard Dunne and Roger Johnson this year.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Don't let Mo hear you say that. Shawcross should be banned for at least 6 months, let alone be a contender:rollani:

·
Registered
13,916 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't let Mo hear you say that. Shawcross should be banned for at least 6 months, let alone be a contender:rollani:
If that was Rooney you would be saying Shawcross should be taken to the gas chambers :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
13,916 Posts

Is there anything this guy can't do?[/QUOTE]

Stop Ji Sung Park racing beyond the Arsenal defence and slotting the ball past Almunia?

What do I win?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Vermaelan has developed into a stronger player under Wenger definetly but still don't see him as the top defender in the league. While he is tactically very good, agressive in the tackle and decent in the air, I just don't think he is fast enough, tall enough or strong enough to truly physically dominate an opponent.

·
Registered
775 Posts
[tub]91zxWdw4W1Q[/tub]

From the opponent's goal line to his own box to stop a counter. Speed, Strength, excellent defensive and attacking abilities. Absolute beast.

Easily one of the Top 3 CB in the EPL this season.
"The Verminator" easily Top 3 nickname in EPL as well.

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Vermaelen got eaten alive by Drogba. He'll just a good defender till he's able to handle someone like that.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Vermaelen got eaten alive by Drogba. He'll just a good defender till he's able to handle someone like that.
Torres destroys Vidic everytime Liverpool planys Man Utd, does that make Vidic is an average defender?

Drogba, Torres, Messi, Ronaldo etc. are considered the best because they often have their way with class defenders. Just because Drogba got the better of The Verminator in one game does not make T-1000 just a "good defender".

BTW, it was Clichy that got turned inside out for one of Drogba's goals vs. Arsenal, not much Thomas could do there. He did score an own goal in the first game vs. Chelsea but every defender makes mistakes.

Vermaelen = class.

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Torres destroys Vidic everytime Liverpool planys Man Utd, does that make Vidic is an average defender?

According to some yes :D

Come a month's time we will see what people's opinions are after he's faced the force of nature that is Super Pav :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts