Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Venezia v Inter Post Match Comments

First and foremost, I would like to say that if Venezia had legitimately scored their goal then I would not have a problem drawing with them, but Gresko (as s**t as he is), did not make contact and a penalty should not have been awarded.

We have big problems on the left side. Guly was absolutely useless and did not make a single contribution that was worthwhile. As for Gresko, everytime Venezia took the ball into his zone of defence I was most anxious. He did not look at all confident on the ball and when he gave away a penalty, I thought that Cuper should have instantly substituted him, but upon second and third looks at the way the penalty was awarded, I realised that we had been robbed. In answer to our problems on the left, I was wondering where Georgatos was and how long we will have to wait for him and Dalmat. If anyone has any information on their injuries or why they are absent, I would appreciate a response.

When Emre came on at half-time, he was a great improvement on Guly (although that is not hard because Guly is useless) and we were able to play on the left as opposed to simply going through Conceicao on the right which is all we did in the first half. I quite like Emre because he does not hesitate or think about taking on players but when passes went astray and he did not pass to our forwards on a couple of occasions, I realised why he does not make the starting line-up.

Captain Zanetti was simply brilliant in the first half but as soon as we scored, he disappeared until the closing stages of the second half. I would have liked to see him continue his marauding and gallant attacks from midfield but I can understand his having to help steady the ship. He was one of our best players along with Conceicao and of course Vieri. But after last nights match I have come to realise that unless Ronaldo can start partnering Vieri regularly, with Recoba playing on the left, then Roma and Juventus will beat us to the scudetto. My reasons for thinking this are that Ronaldo simply wreaks havoc with defenders. Pairing him with Vieri would cause great troubles for Serie A’s defences but when we will have the pleasure of such a partnership remains to be seen. All I know is that we need the world class and cutting edge that Ronaldo can bring to our forward line and his ability to come up with something special that helps kill off a match. As for Recoba, we missed his creativity and defence splitting passes last night as well as his strength from free kicks.

Hopefully, next week, we will get the result that we deserve.

FORZA INTERNAZIONALE!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I saw the game....something in the middle of the field was missing...we surley should have scored more goals but it seemed as though we lack a wee bit more creation...Everytime concecaio got the ball he had to fly down the wing and cross that doesnt always work..

Vieri should have followed through and ripped a shot on that break..but i guess he did not want to be selfish.
you win some loose some and draw some. clearly two points lost on a bull$h*T call.

v-torino we have got to kick @$$ like we have have never done before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts