111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recoba won't play in this game... :(
he is injuried... :depress: that means guly will play :mad:
-----------------------------------------
Inter Suffer Recoba Blow
Inter - Parma | News Archive

The Uruguayan should return soon (AP)
01/21/2002. Alvaro Recoba suffered a groin strain in Inter Milan's win over Parma and will miss the nerazzuri's next match at Venezia.

Although the injury is not said to be serious, the Uruguayan will not travel with the rest of the squad to a training camp in Mallorca this week.

Recoba's appearances have been severely limited this season due to his passport ban and other players being preferred in his position.

The match against Parma was only his second start of the season and he did much to impress coach Hector Cupor, but now he looks set for another spell on the sidelines.

·
Registered
831 Posts
considering that Emre came on for recoba i think it might mean that emre will have a chance of starting instead of the sick freak guly (i hope)

the good news is that R9 should be back ... he has already started training with the team since friday ... also maybe dalmat could be back i'm not sure but i think that he will be back.

we should win FORZA INTER

·
Registered
264 Posts
Venezia away has never been easy for Inter because you have not beaten Venezia away since the early 60s so it won't be easy for Inter to go against history.:devil:

·
Registered
831 Posts
do u realy believe in the history bull **** ? is Inter of this year the same of inter of the past 40 years ... hell is it the same of Inter of last year ?? u should talk with some logic ... call Inter Team A if u like and Venezia team B now
A vs B ... A is num1 and b is number (bottom 3 i dont know whcih one) what are the odds of B beating A ??? very low
odds of A beating B ?? very high

damn u must realy hate Inter ...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here's a historylesson for ya: :devil:

Juve back in the days, the "old lady"= She was a real italian beauty as she rose from an unestetic, industrial dump for a city (better known as Turin), playing cattenaccio with beauty and pride, conquering Europe and Italy with the determination of young italian lions.

The new Juve, the "freak lady"= Time has it's way, things change and even the most beautiful lady becomes older and less attractive. Some women know how to deal with it, others run off to the nearest plastic surgent. This old lady plastic surgent was the evil dr.Agnelli and his nurse sis Moggi. The vicious dr. Agnelli persuaded sis Moggi to stuff the poor lady with illegal drugs, as the anabolic stereoide Nadrolone. And then, determinated to deny the change of times, he ordered Moggi to deforme her attractive exterior with bribemoney. The money was paid to players and leaders of the minor teams and referees. Everything was done to try to keep things the old way.

People are scared nowadays. Her beauty has totally vanished, she's the "Michael Jackson" of Italian football. Alot of people and players that used to like her, were intimidated by her freaky looks and took off ( that's why the hideous Delle Alpi is always empty, eventhough sis. Moggi manipulates the official crowdnumbers, and that's the real reason why Zidane took off). But some are actually enjoying her more thanever, like that Edgar " the human pitbull" Davids.

Wut's that sound? Oh, I think it's her nose falling off. B i t c h. :devil:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Man, all i know is that this is a game which we should at least win :D, no surprise losses, or we will be on the backfoot. We have a point advantage over Roma. We need to make as much ground now as we can, because this is looking a very tight finish by us and Roma, Juve are kicking goals like hell, but they have a tough schedule in the next few weeks, they face chievo and Roma away, Roma have a failry had road trips, to Brecsia, Fiorentina and piacenza. We have the easiest venezia, Torino, Bologna is a hard one, and then we play Verona, Udinese and Milan, so not so easy, we have to put on a nice streak, and dont worry, Inter puts 5 wins out of 6, and the sixth is a draw or loss. We've been the most concistent team around, lets hope Roma cop some injuries like we did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
bad news,Recoba is injuried

we have to see Guly again,I guess!

21 Jan 2002 - 16:41 latest news

MILAN - This morning Alvaro Recoba has done an ecography and magnetic ressonance, the results of them have showed the player has a muscular strain and he won't go to Mallorca. Recoba will start training again on Wednesday in Pinetina. The coach Hector Cuper, after a short call to professor Franco Combi, has decided to leave the player in Milan

:(

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Well this is a very dangerous game for us, not only for the historical reason, but the fact that we are doing so good, and our players might understimate venezia and let it all slip away, nothing besides a win is acceptable in this game.

We do have a legitimate chance of winning the scudetto, and thats why every single game is vital, there are no small opponents, yea talent wise we are superiot, but we shouldnt get Cocky we just should go with the mentality of destroying, humiliate Venezia right away, to not give them a breather.

If we get a 2 goal lead Ronaldo will play for 30 minutes in the second half, lets hope Kallon improves his game VIeri is a monster but like cuper said, he teamates need to help him more.

From now on every Inter and us the fans as well should remain humble, and view every team as a big club, and focus focus and more concentration, we are going to win this scudetto step by step, game by game, so we most focus on the present, forget our standings or what the game will mean tomorrow, its about systimatically exterminate every opponent, no compasion, to leave it all in the field. We can Forget about Roma and Juve if we concentrate soley game by game.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
SAC is right being Cocky is the wrong way to go:(.Because it bites you on the arse so believe that:).If Milanista and Juventus fans come in and say,Inter cant win this or i smell upset dont reply coz it's not worth it.This is a dangerous game and if Inter go there thinking Venezia are easy beats they got something else coming for them.

Inter bashers never go away if Inter win the Scudetto they still have something to say so if i was you Inter fan's just Fvck em and ignore them:).

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Venezia sits dead last in the table..Which does not mean a thing..

My points is we cannot change how we've been playing just because venezia is a bad team..
I not too worried about this game..but CONTINUITY IS key.

BTW history is HISTORY>>>

·
Registered
58 Posts
So, here's it, another 3 points ????

Well the match on Sunday, will be more special as Ronnie will be making his return from yet another injury !!
Dalmat and Recoba will not be available for the match due to injuries.
Gresko, J.Zanetti and Vieri were the INTER players in the planetfootball’s team of the week !!
I am not amazed to see the two names there, but one is really great !!
GRESKO !!!!
He has been in the “team of the week” for the second time inside three weeks !!
GREAT NEWS FOR INTER THAT ONE !!
There will be no problems in the defense for Inter.
So, is the situation with the forwards. Vieri will either start with Kallon or Ronaldo.
The main problem is the midfield, I guess so, but the problem is not that much.
Conceicao will play in the right wing, Di Biagio replacing C.Zanetti would play in the midfield. The only problem is the left wing, though I think Cuper will play Guly In the absence of Recoba, not again !!!!
Or, should Inter play Emre. Emre had substituted Recoba in the Parma game ! How did Emre play at that time ??

So, my line up would be something like this :

____________________Toldo

J.Zanetti_____Materazzi______Cordoba_____Gresko

Conceicao____C.Zanetti_______DiBiagio____Emre/Guly

_________________Vieri_____Ronaldo/Kallon

It won’t be an easy match as usual, Venezia last week lost to Verona by a solitary goal.

And here is how planetfootball said about the three Inter players in the “Italian team of the week”

Vieri :
Injury has not tempered the goal-hungry menace that is Christian Vieri. The Italian superstar with an Antipodean slant made sure of all three points against Parma with a goal seven minutes from the end - one of seven efforts he mustered on the day - handing Inter a 2-0 victory and keeping them top of the Serie A pack. The burly hotshot has netted once every 109 minutes on average which is a phenomenal return from a man who was sidelined for so long with a serious ankle injury.

J.Zanetti :
Javier Zanetti completes Opta’s best back four of the week, following his consistent performance against Parma on Sunday. Zanetti, who has so far been Inter’s most inspiring player alongside Christian Vieri, once again set the example for his fellow team-mates as he scurried tirelessly up and down the right flank. Inter’s captain skipped passed an opponent on eight occasions and completed 83% of his passes, misplacing only seven of them.

Gresko :
Whilst the Italian football world is acclaiming the strength and stamina of Christian Vieri nominating him Inter’s undisputed leader, Vratislav Gresko has won the approval of manager Hector Cuper who has now played him from the start for the 12th time this term. Against Parma, Gresko produced another solid performance as he misplaced only eight passes all game and went in for an impressive 10 tackles – the most on his side.

So, hope Inter wins the match, then with many goals !!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wednesday, January 23, 2002
Ronaldo set for Inter return this weekend

ROME, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Brazilian striker Ronaldo could make his comeback for his Italian club Inter Milan in a Serie A match against Venezia this Sunday.

The double World Player of the Year has missed the last month with a thigh strain but has been stepping up his training in recent weeks.

Ronaldo joined the rest of the Inter squad at a training camp on the Spanish island of Majorca this week.

'I am really happy to be able to live a new daily life with the rest of the squad,' Ronaldo told Wednesday's edition of the Corriere Dello Sport newspaper.

'I'm available for the coach with Inter now at the top of the table.'

Inter currently lead Serie A with 41 points, one point ahead of Roma.

Ronaldo has scored three goals this season after recovering from two years of knee injuries which put his career in doubt.

Inter coach Hector Cuper added: 'I'm sure Ronaldo will return to the championship at the highest level.

'It's difficult to avoid the enormous pressure and the big expectations that there were following his initial return.'

With Uruguay forward Alvaro Recoba suffering a groin strain last weekend, Ronaldo could well find himself in action against Venezia.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Venezia do have the worst record, but they dont get blown out as much as you think. I have seen them turn in a few good peformance, and it will be important for Inter to respect them, because if they dont they could very well possibly steal a point or more.

But if Inter respect them, and stick to thier game plan the 3 points should be to hard to get.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
yeah i hope inter estimate venesia as a big team so they can keep concentrate to this game. personally, i have no doubt to get 3 point for next match. :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Inter 1 in Serie A. Venezia bottom in Serie A !!!!

But that doesn't mean that Inter are gonna romp away to a victory.Remember the most humblest of teams wins the title..that is without arrogance and overconfidence !!!! Inter must focus and should win the match,however we were only able to just beat Venezia at home courtesy of an injury time Adriano goal !!!!

So beware..........

P.s-Marel I suggest u visit the Inter-Parma thread u mite have missed the last few posts;) :tongue:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Ronaldo will make his comeback in this match as the Brazilian has returned to full fitness. The absence of Alvaro Recoba due to a thigh strain will also push Hector Cuper towards the return of Il Fenomeno, but the notoriously icy conditions of the Stadio Penzo may postpone that schedule.

The Nerazzurri are currently training midweek in Mallorca as weather conditions in Milan have caused air pollution to reach record levels.

Gigi Di Biagio returns from his one-match ban but some are arguing that with Christian Vieri on the best form of his life, the team that surrounds him is almost expendable. The striker has shot to the top of the scorers charts despite missing the first few months of the season with an inflamed Achilles tendon.

Venezia are almost doomed to the drop with their latest defeat in the Veneto derby. Pippo Maniero will return from suspension alongside Federico Magallanes.
(channel4.com)

At the end of the friendship's match Real MallorcaB-Inter first half, Ronaldo has been substituted by Vieri .
The Phenomenon has felt muscular tired. His fitness conditions will be checked tomorrow.
(inter.it)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
sad to hear ronaldo injured again:( hope there's no problem at all :) and he can score three goals in venezia :eek:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts