Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this article very amusing. Everytime I think of Karic I laugh and this makes it even funnier!:D

Hakan Sukur has a lot to answer for. When the Bull of The Bosperous joined Torino from Galatasaray in 1995 to join a three-man attack with African star Abedi Pele and top scorer Ruggiero Rizzitelli, great things were expected.

After a promising campaign, Hakan was signed to fire Il Toro into Europe. Sadly, the Turk missed his mother country and his favourite kebabs, lasting just five games. With goals soon proving difficult and with the threat of relegation imminent, Torino moved into the transfer market that winter. They had two targets - a young Parma striker called Pippo Inzaghi and a ‘promising’ Croatian playing for the mysteriously named Marsonia.

Toro chose the latter and would live to regret it. Karic is simply the worst player to ever feature in Serie A. This podgy impressionist of a footballer was spotted playing for the Croatian Under-21 team against Italy. If he impressed that night then the Azzurrini must have been poor. Karic was quite simply ridiculous. Sporting a 1970s style poodle perm and with a face which looked to be slowly eroding, Karic simply did not look like a footballer and definitely didn’t play like one.

Somehow, Torino failed to realise his shortcomings. He was as mobile as an out of service bus and had the awareness of a blind sheep. He broke up attacks more effectively than opposition defences and it came to a point when his teammates refused to pass to him.

Karic said on his arrival. "I have a bit of Alen Boksic about me and I have to come to Italy to learn and succeed." The only thing he shared with Boksic was his foul temperament. Karic scored just once – a surprisingly well-taken effort at Bari - but was to disappear completely at the end of the season.

One journalist said: "Either President Giancarlo Calleri is on some kind of sweetener for this signing or has a very wild sense of humour." Needless to say Italy was like a foreign country for Veldin Karic.

channel 4

legenda!!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
:howler: 1 month ago watching Croatia-Slovenia my dad just talking with me about Karic..:howler:
(my dad is a great Toro fan)

he remeber just his goal agains Bari:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69,260 Posts
No suprise, this guy still stinks with Varteks, has he scored a goal yet this season? And the funny thing is he was rumored to go to Dinamo! :tongue: but I doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
:eek: I have seen some matches with him some time ago and I thought he was the best man on the field! but I don´t really know much about his Serie A adventure...

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has been good at Varteks apart from betting against his own team against Hajduk last season and missing a penalty in the same game.:eekani:

He is purely a HNL player and nothing else. He has been linked to Dinamo and Hajduk before, but he is a Hajduk fan and said that it would be his dream to play there. This explains everything.:D

·
Registered
69,260 Posts
Not only did he have that missed penalty and the betting on his own team, he was also suspended by the club becuase he didn't want to play against Hajduk in the Croatian Cup and he refused the pay the fine! In my opinion he is just a 'Rambo" wannabe. :D

·
Registered
69,260 Posts
he was all around a bad player, when your known more for your hair that's trouble

He is currently with NK Marsonia in the second divison

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
well karic won't be in marsonia much longer. he was transfer listed just 2 months into his contract and is currently searching for a new club

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
tvrdoGlav said:
I think Balaban topped the EPL list of worst players when he was at villa :D or was that biggest flop
I think he was #6 or 7 on a top 10 list of biggest flops.

·
Registered
641 Posts
tvrdoGlav said:
I think Balaban topped the EPL list of worst players when he was at villa :D or was that biggest flop
That was just out of his hands because he was never given any starts. They would put him on as a 75min sub once every 4-5 matches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts