Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

Crvena Zvezda will be hoping for more celebrations this season (©uefa.com)

Belgrade duo set for derby decider

Friday, 22 April 2005

By Aleksandar Boskovic

Saturday's 124th Belgrade derby between FK Crvena Zvezda and FK Partizan is a pivotal meeting that could decide the Serbo-Montenegrin title race.
Dominant campaignPartizan lead the way after an exceptional campaign that has seen them score more goals than any other team, concede fewer and fail to win just two of their 23 matches - both draws. With such a record, the fact Crvena Zvezda are even in contention is testament to the 1991 European champions' own good form.

'Big chance'
'Red Star' are five points adrift, having themselves lost just once all season, but their coach Ratko Dostanic knows the home side must defeat their arch-rivals if they are to regain the title. "We must win," he said. "The derby is our big chance to move within two points of Partizan."

Quiet confidence
Dostanic, without injured defender Bojan Miladinovic on Saturday, admits that even with a victory, his team will still need their opponents to falter elsewhere - yet he is confident they are in the right condition to up the pressure. "I believe we can win," Dostanic said. "My players have hit their best form at just the right time."

Historic edge
History is certainly on Crvena Zvezda's side. Since the clubs' first derby in January 1947, they have lost just ten of 61 home encounters, winning 32. Their stadium Marakana is an intimidating place, and a capacity 50,000 crowd is expected at the weekend, a remarkable figure given the First League average is around 1,500.

'Final step'
Almost 30,000 squeezed into Partizan's ground in October when the sides drew 0-0 in the reverse fixture, and Partizan coach Vladimir Vermezovic knows a repeat result will see his team take a major step towards their 19th league championship - Crvena Zvezda have 23. "The current five-point gap is not enough to give us peace of mind but I believe we have the talent and courage to make this final step," he said.

Buoyed by Boya
"We have had a brilliant season, with fantastic results in the UEFA Cup, but the domestic title was always our target." Vermezovic is boosted by Pierre Boya's return from an ankle injury and the Cameroonian forward could help end Crvena Zvezda hopes. If so, the red-and-whites will get an early chance of revenge when the clubs meet again in a Serbo-Montenegrin Cup semi-final in May.

Thanks guys for pointing that little mistake buy UEFA site...Zvezdara stadium?

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Good news for most of us in North America, Pink Extra will be showing a tape delay at 3:00pm EST.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Zvezdara stadium!?

LMFAO :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

btw here's a question - when they count the derbies (like for instance this one is #124) they're counting only the league counters, right? Or do they count the cup matches as well?

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
It's only league games.

Anyway, thanks to Lopuza for posting the results. That, my dear Grobari, is your mirror. That is why you are the small Belgrade club from Humska, living in the shadow of the mighty Crvena Zvezda. You can't erase 60 years of history with a win over Egaleo. :thmbup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
red star forever said:
It's only league games.

Anyway, thanks to Lopuza for posting the results. That, my dear Grobari, is your mirror. That is why you are the small Belgrade club from Humska, living in the shadow of the mighty Crvena Zvezda. You can't erase 60 years of history with a win over Egaleo. :thmbup:

Right on the money RSF. Lopuza's list had a whole lot of red on it, and very little black. ;)

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Nibble said:
Good news for most of us in North America, Pink Extra will be showing a tape delay at 3:00pm EST.
Hmm I hate it when something like this happens. Either I can wake up early and follow through some audio on the internet, which cuts of frequently, as best as I can live. Or, wake up later, do something else till that time in the afternoon and watch it on T.V. on delay without knowing the outcome.. Although it isn't the same as following a match live obviously, I think I'll go for the latter option.. :)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
Zvezdara stadium!?

LMFAO :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

btw here's a question - when they count the derbies (like for instance this one is #124) they're counting only the league counters, right? Or do they count the cup matches as well?
That should be fairly easy to verify start from today work your way back...until the year you are not sure, to verify that it is correct cross reference it by using the RSSSF Archive http://www.rsssf.com/intclub.html#eur should provide all the score and encounters between the two clubs…or any other club that you or anyone else maybe interested in…

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Parni Valjak said:
:howler: Yeah, and why don't we compare RS's results with Hajduk? ;) Zenit-PSV 09, the way to go! :thmbup:
Ask and you shell receive…

Yugoslavia "Big Four" Head-to-Head 1946-1991

The Big Four, obviously consists of Crvena zvezda Beograd, Dinamo Zagreb, Hajduk Split, and Partizan Beograd (alphabetical sequence). Between 1946 and 1991, these clubs let go only five championship titles: Vojvodina (1966 and 1989), FK Sarajevo (1967 and 1985), and Zeljeznicar Sarajevo (1972). Crvena zvezda won record 19 titles, followed by Partizan with 11, Hajduk with 9, and Dinamo with 4. They also dominated Yugoslav Cup. Crvena zvezda won 13 cups, Hajduk 9, Dinamo 7, and Partizan 4.

Here are head-to-head all time scores between these teams:

Crvena zvezda P W D L Gf-Ga Pts

• vs Dinamo 90 32 28 30 120-115 92
    vs Hajduk 92 32 25 35 125-128 89
    vs Partizan 88 41 24 23 142-123 106
    ------------------------------
    total: 270 105 77 78 387-366 287

Dinamo P W D L Gf-Ga Pts

• vs C. zvezda 90 30 28 32 115-120 92
    vs Hajduk 90 33 26 31 123-121 92
    vs Partizan 90 32 21 37 124-129 85
    total: 270 95 75 100 362-370 265

Hajduk P W D L Gf-Ga Pts

• vs C. zvezda 92 35 25 32 128-125 95
    vs Dinamo 90 31 26 33 121-123 88
    vs Partizan 88 24 23 41 104-141 71
    total: 270 90 74 106 353-389 254

Partizan P W D L Gf-Ga Pts

• vs C. zvezda 88 23 24 41 123-142 70
    vs Dinamo 90 37 21 32 129-124 95
    vs Hajduk 88 41 23 24 141-104 105
    total: 266 101 68 97 393-370 270

According to the above, here is the all time standings:

P W D L Gf-Ga Pts
1. Crvena zvezda 270 105 77 78 387-366 287
2. Partizan 266 101 68 97 393-370 270
3. Dinamo 270 95 75 100 362-370 265
4. Hajduk 270 90 74 106 353-389 254

They continued their sucesses even after Yugoslavia split. Hajduk and Dinamo (earlier HASK Gradjanski, today: Croatia) won all titles and all Croatian cups except one. Partizan and Crvena zvezda won all cups and allowed only one championship to Obilic since they started playing in Yugoslav League after 1991.

We can even go back further into history, before World War II. Hajduk won titles in 1927 and 1929. Crvena zvezda, although founded in 1945, continued tradition of SK Jugoslavija (same ground, several players continued their careers in Crvena zvezda...). SK Jugoslavija won titles in 1924 and 1925. Dinamo's story is special one as well. They (unofficially) merged from Gradjanski (champions in 1923, 1926, 1928, and 1937), Concordia (champions in 1930 and 1932), and HASK (champions in 1938). The only other big pre-war team was BSK Beograd, and its tradition was inherited by rather moderate OFK Beograd.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
LopuZa said:
Here are head-to-head all time scores between these teams:

• Crvena zvezda P W D L Gf-Ga Pts
    vs Hajduk 92 32 25 35 125-128 89

• So thanks for proving my point..Going by rsf's comments, red star will always be in the shadow of hajduk..;)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Parni Valjak said:
So thanks for proving my point..Going by rsf's comments, red star will always be in the shadow of hajduk..;)
It only proves that you are illiterate by choice…taking things out context seems to be your habit and a bad one at that...since you are so intelligent tell me how many cups did each club win? Can’t wait for your response…even better let me post, it might take you awhile to figure that out, especially since it is right in front of you all along.

Crvena zvezda won record 19 titles, followed by Partizan with 11, Hajduk with 9, and Dinamo with 4.

They also dominated Yugoslav Cup. Crvena zvezda won 13 cups, Hajduk 9, Dinamo 7, and Partizan 4.

Judging from the above results RSF was correct Partizan, Dinamo and Hajduk will always be in the shadow of Crvena Zvezda.

Sine a sta si to dokazao?

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
:rolleyes: Here we go again, it's funny you call me "illiterate" when you can't spell just about every other word you write properly..:D Your comment from a couple of posts back to me, "ask and you SHELL receive", says enough I think..;) Moving on, rsf was using the head-to-head results as a means of showing who's better, not past titles, cups and so forth. That's why I brought up Hajduk, genius :rolleyes:

Obviously Red Star has won more titles before and where did I exactly deny that? Why should it matter to me anyways? I don't support Partizan because of past glory or so I can be like the Juve, Milan etc. supposed "fans" at this site and gloat every other minute. I'm aware of Flajmurtari, 0-5 to Dinamo, the 24 wins out of 88 matches against Red Star etc. My club's stadium is half the size of yours, it doesn't have a roof and furthermore has ugly yellow-blue-maroon seats. But you know what though? All of these things only motivate me to like the club even more! And for me personally there's no better feeling that being at that stadium with fellow Partizan fans. On the other hand, other than gloating about titles from the 60's, 70's, Bari and so forth. what exactly do you have for Red Star? Apparently very little, because pretty much everything you do is list old (and I literally mean "old" :D) success stories for your club..

I think the term for people like you is GLORYHUNTERS.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
LopuZa said:
Judging from the above results RSF was correct Partizan, Dinamo and Hajduk will always be in the shadow of Crvena Zvezda.
I agree with you if we're talking about the past. RS was dominant over all those three clubs. RS had name, prestige, attracted the best players, had first pick over the best talents, made the best players in the old Yugoslavia. But that was in the old Yugoslavia. In the new (SCG) country, things changed. Zvezda lost a lot of the things that made her great. The fact that you've won only 3 (I think) titles since 91/2 and Partizan & Obilic (1) the rest, shows that you are not dominant anymore in SCG and that things have changed in favour of Partizan. I'm being realistic, don't you agree? I don't think you are a better organized club then us, you haven't won as many championships, you don't necessarily attract the best talents, our infrastructure has improved while yours hasn't and the name & prestige of being a RS player is not as strong as it once was.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Parni Valjak said:
:rolleyes: Here we go again, it's funny you call me "illiterate" when you can't spell just about every other word you write properly..:D Your comment from a couple of posts back to me, "ask and you SHELL receive", says enough I think..;) Moving on, rsf was using the head-to-head results as a means of showing who's better, not past titles, cups and so forth. That's why I brought up Hajduk, genius :rolleyes:

Obviously Red Star has won more titles before and where did I exactly deny that? Why should it matter to me anyways? I don't support Partizan because of past glory or so I can be like the Juve, Milan etc. supposed "fans" at this site and gloat every other minute. I'm aware of Flajmurtari, 0-5 to Dinamo, the 24 wins out of 88 matches against Red Star etc. My club's stadium is half the size of yours, it doesn't have a roof and furthermore has ugly yellow-blue-maroon seats. But you know what though? All of these things only motivate me to like the club even more! And for me personally there's no better feeling that being at that stadium with fellow Partizan fans. On the other hand, other than gloating about titles from the 60's, 70's, Bari and so forth. what exactly do you have for Red Star? Apparently very little, because pretty much everything you do is list old (and I literally mean "old" :D) success stories for your club..

I think the term for people like you is GLORYHUNTERS.
Face it boy you are just jealous…past, present of future Crvena Zvezda is the better club, live with it. BTW I am not rubbing anything in, do not have to…you ask and you SHELL receive!

·
Kfor, Eulex = OUT!!
1,279 Posts
Pa molim vas recite mi koji to evropski ili domaci klub nije zadovoljan remijem sa Partizanom?

:D

41 - 60 of 333 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.