Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bomb! Despite Sturm's qualification for the CL, Vastic goes to Japan and will play for Nagoya there!!

What a blow for Sturm and Osim. Let's see who will replace him...

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
What a dumba$$ move. :rolleyes:

His only motivation can be the money, otherwise he could´ve as well came back to First Vienna and help us back to the Bundesliga.
Bastard.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
I think some paper on Friday gave the figures, I immediately did some serious Verdrängen, so I forgot. Of course it's a obscene gazillions affair. What I also forgot was the funny name of that Japs outfit. But I still remember it was Zdenko Verdenik, their coach who had the idea. And him, of course, is one of the many hapless former FAK coaches, booted before time........

:D

PMDF

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Alexx said:
What I also forgot was the funny name of that Japs outfit.
Nagoya Grampus?

And isn´t Prosinecki in their squad, too?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...yeah, exactly. Nagoya Grampus Eight, which has this nice Krampus ring to it.... ;)

And also exactly, Prosinecki is over there two. Him and Vastic got the same contract. To be honest, I understand Vastic. With a personality he has, it's the perfect thing. He can play up to 5 more years there and then he can buy everything, including Sturm out of Portokassa and boot Kartnig.......

:)

PMDF

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...here we see Prosinecki in action for Krampus. So Vastic can even play in the same colors. And we are talking about their strange orange away kit here......

:)

PMDF

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Well, I´m not happy with that move though.
It´s not only a loss for Sturm (I expect a downfall of Kartnig´s side, no matter which replacement he´ll find), but also a loss for the Austrian league and maybe the NT.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...that's true, of course. But when did Vastic think about anything else apart from himself ?

PMDF

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now Bravo and Rennbahn Express have to make reports from Japan...:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
1,2 mio. € after tax per year

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
MxPx said:
Well, I´m not happy with that move though.
You're really sad because of Schönling Schwalbenkönig Mr. Ellbogencheck Herr "Ich kann nur austeilen aber nichts einstecken und steh im NT nur herum" Vastic is leaving? :confused: I can't imagine a single player I would miss less than him...

And well, yeah, this could also have to do with the fact that he scored at least once every derby... ;)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Vastic is actually first cousin's with my buddy and he told me he doesn't think he'll go to Japan. He never talked to him about it, but he was pretty convinced Vastic wouldn't leave Europe on account of his family. Mind you that's just his opinion.

I don't think that's a picture of Prosinecki in a Grampus uniform, don't know which uniform it is(possibly a 3rd jersey for Portsmouth) but that deal fell through and Robi most likely won't go to Japan now.

·
International
8,545 Posts
In an unrelated matter, what do u guys think of foreigners playing for you? As far as I know, Vastic doesn't have any roots in Austria and he didn't go there at a young age either, so he's sort of like a mercenary.

I don't agree with such moves by players because there's a chance that more such moves will take place in the future. If a player has some sort of an attachment to another country I'm okay with it, but players who become "nationalized" just for the sake of playing in the WC are just mercenaries and it goes against the spirit of international football IMO.

When you look at a guy like Vastic, do you feel that he represents your country, or just "wears the shirt?"

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Not easy to regard Ivo as an Austrian when he has that :wth:-expression on his face everytime the Austrian anthem is played. ;)

As far as I know, he moved to Austria when he was about 21 years old.
So he´s been living here for 11 years.
About representing Austria: We have quite a few Yugoslavians/Turks with Austrian citizenship in our country. So in fact Ivica Vastic does represent Austria.
Who am I to judge if they are "true" Austrians anyways?

I respect Ivo because he is a wonderful football player, and I am happy that he wears our jersey.
Unfortunately he had only a few good games for Austria so far.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I just don't like the idea of players changing countries because I think it runs the risk of changing international football to more a club football type idea.

Sure it's on a small scale now, but with time, I can see countries offering players incentives to play for them and when they're young they're very impressionable.

A little while back, we were trying to convince a young Brazilian who plays in Cro, to get Croatian citizenship. I don't have a problem with nationalized players, so long as they're not nationalized simply for the sake of playing international football.

ps. Vastic is Croatian, not Jugoslav;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Well, it's a difficult task imo. Just think of the NTs of Holland or France - they're fielding player with their origin outside Europe, but it is their right because their are French/Dutch citizens. So I think it's not that much different from the Vastic-case with the exception that he became Austrian some years later. As long as noone's allowed to play for different countries I'm fine with. Just see it from an historic point of view. 80 years ago it was all K&K-monarchy. ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Face it, Waschtisch has Vastic nationality, nothing else. There are hardly any players more selfcentered than him. So expect him to become Martian if any benefits are on the horizon.

PMDF

1 - 18 of 18 Posts