Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is this lunatic? I feel for you guys having to suffer under this man.

Yesterday he virtually ruined the PSV-Lyon game by blowing on his whistle after like every 30 seconds.

He's just as bad as our Roelof Luinge. Only luckily for us, he's too old to be allowed to referee in the CL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Wally said:
who is this lunatic? I feel for you guys having to suffer under this man.

Yesterday he virtually ruined the PSV-Lyon game by blowing on his whistle after like every 30 seconds.

He's just as bad as our Roelof Luinge. Only luckily for us, he's too old to be allowed to referee in the CL :thumbsup:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Hellenic football refereeing Wally. Somehow this *@#@# got a FIFA badge as do some others who screw the game here up for reasons unknown. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah, he's horrible. He used to be quite a promising ref but the last few years he's screwed everything up by thinking he's God in every game he officiates.

You should see him in the Greek league. Just because he's an international referee he thinks he MUST book at least one player from each team for "dissent" at every game. I remember last season he booked Udeze for literally shaking his head at a (blatantly obvious) bad throw in decision.

·
Registered
117 Posts
He is an awful referee! When He played his first matches in Greece everybody was laughing with his decisions. And then suddenly, when his father was the head of all Greek referees, all referees were punished for very insignificant reasons. Kyros Vassaras had only been in easy matches that year and he had the highest score. Thus, he participated in the Fifa seminars. You all know the rest.

You can find this information in the archive of ta-nea.dolnet.gr . Try searching by the name of Vassaras (in Greek) and read the articles about his father in the late 90s also.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Panoss said:
He is an awful referee! When He played his first matches in Greece everybody was laughing with his decisions. And then suddenly, when his father was the head of all Greek referees, all referees were punished for very insignificant reasons. Kyros Vassaras had only been in easy matches that year and he had the highest score. Thus, he participated in the Fifa seminars. You all know the rest.

You can find this information in the archive of ta-nea.dolnet.gr . Try searching by the name of Vassaras (in Greek) and read the articles about his father in the late 90s also.

Erm, isn't that Germanakos? :dazed:

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, it is Vassaras also. You see that is the point. In most countries in the world professions are heritable. Doctors, lawyers, etc. In Greece it is referees also. Try the newspaper I have already told you.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Vassaras was a good referee when he was younger though. It's his arrogance and his eagerness to be involved with the game and show himself off that ruins it. He just can't keep the whistle out of his mouth for more than 30 seconds and I think he really enjoys the feeling of showing cards to people. :rolleyes:

Germanakos junior is too useless to describe. He'll never become an international ref.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Vassaras is a c.u.n.t -- ****ing rubbish ref...

As for the rest... can they even be called referees?

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bloody hell, he's made it onto the list for the world cup :googly:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Of course he would. He made it also for the previous WC and the Euro... FIFA and UEFA think he's great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
he's the kind of referee that tries so hard to even things that he screws up completely

you should have seen Inter-Villareal last week. In the last minute he didn't give a penalty which would allow Inter to go through... I can remember at least 3 more cases he has done exactly the same in pretty serious matches... this guy will never change....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts