Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the Greek newspapers have been mentioning that we (Olympiakos) will be making a move for Lakis at the end of the season. Does anyone know of any news saying that Palace will be getting rid of him or transfer listing him?
Incidentally can anyone give me any reports on how he's done in England at all?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hi, we only have Lakis on a one season contract, so when the season finishes he will be a free agent again, unless Palace offer and he accepts a new contract(unlikely if we are relegated).
He's been in and out of the team...6 starts and 12 times used as a sub. Sometimes he looks great,others awful. The last few games he's been played on the left wing which doesn't seem to be his best position :eek:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
He needed to start more to gain confidence but never got too many consecutive starts, plus he was banned for some games. Shame. He has skill, maybe he will go back to Greece who knows?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Mart
Thanks for the info. No, Vasillis Lakis is naturally a right winger, he's also one of the worst finishers ever, but i'm sure you've found this out for yourself by now.

@Reaper
It's been strongly suggested he's coming to us by the usual sources (Protathlitis, Fos etc) and Bajevic is reputedly a fan of his. I guess it's down to whether Bajevic is here come July, hopefully no he won't be.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i don't think he will go to germany and as marcus says i doubt Dusko will have any power when it comes to transfers after this season. i think maybe france or a weak spanish side. i doubt aek want him but if they take him that wouldn't surprise me..he is a floater.lol

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
bye Vas!

Crystal Palace midfielder Vassilis Lakis has returned to Greece to sign for AEK Athens.

The 28-year-old only arrived at Selhurst Park in September on a one-year deal from AEK.

Lakis has not been able to secure regular football under Iain Dowie this season and has decided to return to Greece.

AEK have announced that Lakis has agreed on a three-year deal to return to his former club after his brief spell in England.

"AEK has an agreement with Vassilis Lakis," said a club statement.

"The international midfielder returns to our team on a three-year contract."

Lakis was part of Otto Rehhagel's Greece squad that lifted the Euro 2004 trophy in Portugal, but he has failed to live up to expectations in The Premiership.

skysports.planetfootball.com

Afraid you'll be best remembered for "doing a Lakis" against the Arsenal :lala:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts