Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From now on, only Romario will be able to wear the #11 shirt of Vasco.

It's funny that the main player of Vasco's history Roberto Dinamite did not have the same treatment.

Well, Romario is above all a leader that will be looked as a reference to his football, style, words, inteligence for the rest of life in the footballing world!;) ;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
How many other Brazilians have had their jerseys retired? A handful?:) :confused:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None, it's the first time it's done!;)

But of course you have shirts taht were immortalized such as the #10 of Santos and Brazil because of Pele.

The #7 of Garrincha in Brazil and for Botafogo.
The #10 of FLamengo by Zico
The #10 of Palmeiras by Ademir da Guia
The #10 of Vasco by Roberto Dinamite
The #10 of Corinthians by Rivelino, or even teh #8 by Socrates, the #4 by Vladimir .
The #7 of Gremio by Renato Gaucho
The #5 of Inter by Falcao and the #3 by the chilean Figueroa. etc..etc..etc..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Can anyone give me a good Vasco Site with a updated squad list?
There official site seems 2 be down. Does anyone know what formation (4-4-2 ??)and style Vasco uses??

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
None, it's the first time it's done!;)

But of course you have shirts taht were immortalized such as the #10 of Santos and Brazil because of Pele.

The #7 of Garrincha in Brazil and for Botafogo.
The #10 of FLamengo by Zico
The #10 of Palmeiras by Ademir da Guia
The #10 of Vasco by Roberto Dinamite
The #10 of Corinthians by Rivelino, or even teh #8 by Socrates, the #4 by Vladimir .
The #7 of Gremio by Renato Gaucho
The #5 of Inter by Falcao and the #3 by the chilean Figueroa. etc..etc..etc..
:eek: Thanks for the info, Ze. I didn't know it was such a rare event.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The "Encyclopedia" Declined That Homage

I seem to remember Botafogo once considered retiring Nilton Santos' #6 shirt, as he was the all-time best leftback in the world and the only shirts he ever wore as a professional were the #6 at Botafogo and at Brazil's NT. The idea was abandoned because Nilton himself said he thought it was silly, and that he felt proud enough as it is.

Of course, Nilton's modesty borders on the insane, if you hear him talking you'd think he was a nobody. but there it is, a case where the player declined the offer.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,
i was travelling in the weekend so i din't see any games or goals of the Rio-sp so i don't know if they will be using squad numbers in the competition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts