Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
I have to say, I definitely do prefer those colourful scandals to the scandal of VAR being applied selectively (the current situation, at least in SerieA), which leaves nothing to the imagination. It most readily point to corruption.

Serie A is the exception coz Juve has ****ed the league for life...VAR in CL is making sure the best team wins...

·
1st Tier Poster
50,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
there's also no proof that today's goal was disallowed because of VAR

linesmen are less active these days and let situations play out if they are not 100% sure because they know VAR will bail them out

·
Administrator
53,001 Posts
VAR turned City fans jubilation to tears today

seriously this shit needs to stop...video refereeing is fundamentally incompatible with football and its raw emotion
It was the correct decision, what are you on about.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hagibest

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
VAR made sure Spurs deservedly go thru...

·
Registered
59,995 Posts
I don't see an issue. Of course the correct call is ultimately what matters. So VAR takes some time, so ****ing what? A correct call taking a long time is better than a wrong call judged quickly.

So your team scored a goal and you celebrated, only for VAR to disallow it afterwards as it's offside. You will be "ok, fair enough, it isn't legit anyway." Surely you won't whine about a disallowed goal which was offside? So you celebrated for nothing, big Fekin deal. There will be other goals where you will celebrate and they will stand.

Think of it this way: if your team scores a valid goal, you celebrate it, play stops..var checks it, it's confirmed valid.. you celebrate twice! Not bad :D

·
Registered
66,835 Posts
Imagine your team scores on a last minute scramble in the box to lift the World Cup and the elation you feel as you and your fellow country mean jump for joy with their hands in the air...

I don't think so bitch.

#Maywecelebrateyet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Math equations are fun.
Until you check the solution. Kinda like VAR.

Seriosly, VAR refs need to be better and quicker and head refs need to trust them. Its either that or technology/AI sends info to refs watch as goal line tech for example. If a player is offside or if it touched someones arm, it buzzes. IMO

·
Registered
59,995 Posts
Imagine your team scores on a last minute scramble in the box to lift the World Cup and the elation you feel as you and your fellow country mean jump for joy with their hands in the air...

I don't think so bitch.

#Maywecelebrateyet?
If CSKA are in a European final, and you concede a 120th minute goal and lose 1-0. Replays showed it was offside but there is no var so it stood as the linesman missed it. Wouldn't you want VAR in this instance/moment?

·
Registered
42,804 Posts
VAR will improve once referees get to utilize it better. Too many times major errors have ruined matches and VAR can potentially cut down on that. Errors can still arise from VAR, but that's not the fault of VAR, rather human error.

·
inbred amoeba
3,876 Posts

I don't think so bitch.

#Maywecelebrateyet?
Yeah, but it's only hypothetical in your and N4L's case.

21 - 40 of 120 Posts