Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Begian news they say that Vitesse sold Van Hooijdonk to Benfica for $6.5 million !

They are going to look if it is possible to get Machlas back from Ajax.

Is that true ? Who else is going to replace Van Hooijdonk do you think ?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
It's true - the transfer will be completed by the end of the week. Benfica needed a true striker to replace Joao Pinto alongside Nuno Gomes (he of the game-winning goal versus England last week).

I remember Hooijdonk from Celtic and NF, but I hadn't heard of him at Vitesse (I admittedly don't see any Dutch league highlights). I did some research to see that he had scored 22 goals (per the Vitesse official site). Is he still in good form? Benfica needs more offense! Please let me know what you guys think of him and his form today.

Thanks!

Razor

http://www.benficacentral.com

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Van Hooijdonk was in very good form this season. Best striker after Van Nistelrooij. He scored some brilliant free-kicks.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
He's physically strong, has great free-kicks, no attitude-problem as some English clubs might want you to believe. He always scores. If you need a good striker, he's your man. He's our fourth striker, before Makaay and Hasselbaink.

D

·
0 Posts
I hope gets a run out soon at Euro 2000. He could possibly have scored a fourth for us against the French.

Van Hooijdonk didn't want to go to a foreign club unless it was a dream club, like Benfica.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts