Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Van Gaal was interviewed in the catalan tv, and outlined the style of the team using his famous notebook (libreta).
He will use a 4-2-3-1 formation to start with.
He will not buy any midfielders as he thinks there are 6 or 8 quality midfileders alrealdy in the squad. Saviola will occupy the "in the hole" position because of his speed and scoring ability but hwe will need to improve his defensive output. Upfront he would like a striker "in the stile of Kluivert !!"(does that mean that he intends to sell Kluivert or that Kluivert will not be sold?)
So, according to my mate who saw the interview live, expect 2 or 3 signings maximum, and those are likely to be a centerforward, a centerback and a left back.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Barcelona coach Louis van Gaal has promised Rivaldo and Patrick Kluivert they have a future at the club following talk that he would sell the pair to raise funds.

"Rivaldo is a great player and will be in my team next season," the Dutchman explained. "And Kluivert will also play as he is world-class.

"Rivaldo is a great player and, when I was here last time, he was the best player in the world," added Van Gaal, who also told Catalan TV he would play a 4-2-3-1 formation.

"He played on the left wing and was outstanding and that is where he will play for me next season. I certainly do not want to corner him, but I believe he plays best on the left of the field.

"Kluivert will also be here because he is better than Javier Saviola as the front striker and therefore Saviola will play behind him."

Van Gaal nonetheless plans to strengthen the squad, starting with his countryman Mark van Bommel from PSV Eindhoven.

"I want a team that is capable of playing until winter," he said. "I want players with a strong character and good attitude. I want more players like Luis Enrique and Carles Puyol, players with attitude

well maybe we couldnt find a buyer for rivo and kluivert. this though more or less guarantees overmars wont be here.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
mazzah20 said:

"Kluivert will also be here because he is better than Javier Saviola as the front striker and therefore Saviola will play behind him."

Van Gaal nonetheless plans to strengthen the squad, starting with his countryman Mark van Bommel from PSV Eindhoven.

VG said that he doesn't want to buy new midfielders. Then what's the truth? I think he will bring VB to Barca.

:D :D **SAVIOLA FOR PREZ!!!**:D :D

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
depends how reliable the source i got it from is (onefootball0

if someone saw the interview live what did he say about van bommel. but i do see van bommel a good signing to replace cocu

·
Premier Player
1,269 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PAT WILLL STAY!!!!! It feels like a huge stone has been lifted of my heart........

Unbelievable feeling.....:D :D :D

Now we will see Kluivert in is prime here at Barca!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
A 4-2-3-1-formation, I seen Celta Vigo play this way this season, and may be Real Madrids tactics can be like this...

If so, a good team og the players we have today would be:

--------------------------------- Bonano -----------------------------------

--- Puyol --------- de Boer ------- Andersson ----------- Coco -------

------------------------- Xavi --------------- Cocu -------------------------

--- L. Enrique ---------------- Saviola ----------------- Rivaldo ---------

--------------------------------- Kluivert -------------------------------------

Well, well, I'm really looking forward to the league starts again. Do anyone know when the season starts? With The Netherlands out of the World Cup I'm more looking forward to the Spanish league starts again!

BARCA THE CHAMPIONS AGAIN! SOUNDS NICE!

·
Registered
368 Posts
overmars will be there...

saviola-rivaldo-overmars
----------kluivert-----------

?

·
Registered
368 Posts
van Gaal would start well if bring van Bommel for Barça!

-----cocu-------vb--------
saviola-rivaldo-overmars
---------kluivert--------

!

G

·
Im definantly not looking forward to next season if our team looks anything like that...what a bunch of hopeless players!!
...but then again with the amount of rumours around I dont know what to beleive.

What happened to the restructuring of the team that depended on Van Gaal coming?? It was the only positive thing coming from Van Gaals return...

We were gonna replace Kluivert with either Hasselbaink, SHevchenko, Crespo, Ronaldo or Ronaldhino for gods sake...this would have been great.

·
Registered
879 Posts
van bommel is not coming to barc,a according to van gaal

also, van gaal said that rivaldo will not play in the center or up front.. he will instead play on the side.. where van gaal said he should play.

I think this will be really good for barc,a. I don't have a problem with the entire team staying the same.. and only adding 2 quality players.

For example adding a really good defender + really good striker (van gaal has said he wants a striker), is not out of the range of our budget.. and i really think if our team plays up to potential this is all we need. We can sell off players like dutruel, etc.

I think we should keep players like overmars and geovanni, because our squad showed signs of wear.. when in the game against madrid we were missing, coco, puyol, rivaldo, xavi, etc .etc... so.. we want to be able to use players outside our starting 11 during the season.. You have to admit that del bosque's conservative approach really helped madrid in this respect.. even if was by the slightest of margins.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Zenden said:

--------------------------------- Bonano -----------------------------------

--- Puyol --------- de Boer ------- Andersson ----------- Coco -------

------------------------- Xavi --------------- Cocu -------------------------

--- L. Enrique ---------------- Saviola ----------------- Rivaldo ---------

--------------------------------- Kluivert -------------------------------------
i think de boer will not be here to start the season.. as barc,a are unwilling to meet his 2 year contract demands... so.. he will probably be replace.. hopefully by a top notch defender.. some people say lucio.. but everytime I see him.. he has made mistakes by coming up too much and forgetting his real job.

also.. expect a new hitman up front.. either replacing.. or teaming up with kluivert... players like cisse, ronaldinho, crespo, and shevchenko have been mentioned. I would much prefer players like salas, trezguet, anelka, or owen.. of course... but they are unlikely to leave their teams.. or in the case of anelka.. too big of a risk.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
VG is a snake. He only talks bull****. For exampel he knows that Rivaldo never will accept to play on the wing again. This means that VG can sell him without being blamed. Same thing with Luis Enrique. He wanted to sell him, but when he understod that the fans loves him, he automaticly changed his mind to be more popular.

VG is more fake than the La Rambla prostitutes!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Guys, I`m surprised: last time we had VG who always have said bullsh.it and then he did this bullsh.it. Now we have VG who is saying beautiful words, who is making great plans, and then he will do the same old bullsh.it! :eek: VG`s skills are growing very fast!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts