Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"You see before you a very happy person," Van Gaal told reporters after the Dutch
football association announced it was giving him a six-year contract.
"At first I wanted to take a sabbatical year, but I've always thought that if the
opportunity came for me to become national coach I would grab it with both hands," he
added on Friday.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He's going to have a lot of talks in the coming months. Including a talk with Rijkaard, the Dutch team on August 14-16, and Bergkamp. Van Gaal wants to hear from Bergkamp if he definitely has decided to quite his international career.

Appointed for 6 years, so theoratically he is to coach Oranje thorugh 3 major tournaments. His main priority for the next 2 years is to win the World Cup. He said that he thinks most of the team that played in WC 98 and Euro 2000 will also be present in 2002, but if better player surface then they will get a chance.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess we will have to wait for Hollands first match under his supervision to find out what he has in mind. But the real challange will be when he faces Portugal in WCQ somewhere in october or november.

I have a feeling he is going to do a good job in qualifers but when world cup kicks off in summer 2002 and if Holland qualifies we will really see to what extent he succeeds to fulfil his aim.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
haha.....we can't think so far as three or four tournaments that he will lead Oranje to....less coach will really stay at a world-class team in such a long time.

Anyway, who heard that Cruyff said that VG is not the right man for Holland? OK, we will see......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts