Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tottenham tracking Hamburg's Van der Vaart
tribalfootball.com - March 13, 2006

Tottenham boss Martin Jol is tracking Hamburg midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.
The People says Jol wants to bring the Dutchman to White Hart Lane, even though he is less than 12 months into his deal at the Bundesliga club.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Carson35 said:
Tottenham tracking Hamburg's Van der Vaart
tribalfootball.com - March 13, 2006

Tottenham boss Martin Jol is tracking Hamburg midfielder Rafael van der Vaart.
The People says Jol wants to bring the Dutchman to White Hart Lane, even though he is less than 12 months into his deal at the Bundesliga club.
Well, tribalfootball isn't a really reliable source at all, is it :D ...
Anyway, there is no chance for Tottenham to sign him, Hamburg won't let him go and van der Vaart is very happy in Hamburg as well.

And btw : if there is one european football league into which van der Vaart doesn't fit at all, it's the EPL. And vdV is aware of that, too.
When he finally leaves Hamburg in 1 or 2 years, i will put my bets on him heading to Spain.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Agreed, stupid rumour.

Same wih vdv applies to Wesley Sneyder btw. They are one of the few Dutch players who really got nothing to look for in the EPL.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
amr_yassin said:
why what Vdv lack inorder not to fit the EPL?
He has ambition ;)

Saying that why he join Hamburg :rolleyes:

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
System we play in. He needs 2 or 3 holding midfielders behind him to make up for physique. That said we don't exactly play with the most attacking midfielders when we play with Carrick, Davids and Tainio while Jenas basically does nothing, at least when it comes to build-up play, so maybe it's not all so doomed as I first thought

1 - 6 of 6 Posts