Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to russian sports news giant Sport-Express(www.sport-express.ru) Arsenal are after Fulham goalie Edwin Van der Sar. His contract expires this summer and apparently Fulham wouldn't mind him going for 500,000. If this is true, then it's quite good news for us....
Yea, VDS hasn't been as solid as before, but he's still one of the best keepers around. We should try to get him. But still in the summer market we should try to get a young world class( or something near that ) goalkeeper.....
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
well as you say, he isn't great but he's just good, i think he's about Lehmann's level. :shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jern Lizardhous said:
well as you say, he isn't great but he's just good, i think he's about Lehmann's level. :shades:
Yea... But I guess he doesn't make as many blunders as Jens does. Another good thing about VDS though, is that he doesn't shy away from collecting crosses, which would be a great help to our pathetic defence in set pieces....
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Nauan said:
Yea... But I guess he doesn't make as many blunders as Jens does. Another good thing about VDS though, is that he doesn't shy away from collecting crosses, which would be a great help to our pathetic defence in set pieces....

I think he makes as many as Jens, maybe a slight improvement but i can definitely see many Arsenal fans slagging him as soon as he lets in a goal like he did against Chelsea. :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,508 Posts
Why the hell u do believe SE???? :mad: these idiots even write about an invented by CSKA fans story that Liedson will go to Moscow, which was an absolute joke!

And, yeah, of course they do know situation in EPL perfectly. Sure.

ps. and 500,000 for VDSar... :wallbang: get a Nigmatullin for these money :pp
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
ginger_ale said:
Why the hell u do believe SE???? :mad: these idiots even write about an invented by CSKA fans story that Liedson will go to Moscow, which was an absolute joke!

And, yeah, of course they do know situation in EPL perfectly. Sure.

ps. and 500,000 for VDSar... :wallbang: get a Nigmatullin for these money :pp
calm down, you will make yourself ill. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,508 Posts
thanks, I feel myself okay :D
I just find it strange that somebody outside of Russia can believe this crappy newspaper :D huh, of course, they're too good to write about rumours, they write only about facts.
:howler:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
ginger_ale said:
thanks, I feel myself okay :D
I just find it strange that somebody outside of Russia can believe this crappy newspaper :D huh, of course, they're too good to write about rumours, they write only about facts.
:howler:

probably 90% of the transfers we discuss on here are rumours, we wouldn't have anything to discuss if we didn't discuss rumours. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,508 Posts
:D
tell me, why to consider SE as a sourse of information about EPL? :howler:
this information has appeared a month or so ago anyway :rollani:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
ginger_ale said:
:D
tell me, why to consider SE as a sourse of information about EPL? :howler:
this information has appeared a month or so ago anyway :rollani:
it's only the same as believing the Sun in England, they know nothing about EPL as well. :shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I don't understand why we should buy VdS... why we don't try to buy a young Goalkeeper like Frey or Landreau?

For me that make no sense to buy VdS, he's not better then Lehmann...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
well as you say, he isn't great but he's just good, i think he's about Lehmann's level. :shades:
Not even Lehmann made a blunder as bad as the one van der Sar made against us at Loftus last season!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ginger_ale said:
:D
tell me, why to consider SE as a sourse of information about EPL? :howler:
this information has appeared a month or so ago anyway :rollani:
A month ago? It came out today.... And please... SE delivers the most reliable information on russian internet. Don't tell me Sovsport is better.... That'd be a complete joke....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,508 Posts
My dear, it's an exaggeration to call SE a "reliable source". They are both crap, but Sovsport is worse :D I believe only offical clubs' statements when it comes to Russian football. And yes, they wrote this "news" just today, while in fact there were rumours about VDSar going to Arsenal or MU weeks ago, Im not sure about the exact time, but anyway I heard about it for the first time not today and not yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahaha... official club statements? You are being silly... Which club is going to announce that in an official club statement. It's only done when the deal is complete. And that's why we call these things "rumors".

Anyway back to the topic. Frey would fit nicely to Arsenal, but our stingy-ass owners won't give money for that... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,508 Posts
Oh damnit. Thanks, I know what's rumours. I've said about clubs' statements only in connection with quality of their info.
The only thing Im trying to say, SE is too far from EPL, rumours about EPL, whatever else... Show me an English source, a better source.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Nauan said:
Anyway back to the topic. Frey would fit nicely to Arsenal, but our stingy-ass owners won't give money for that... :(
come on man, our stingy ass owners are spending almost £400m on a new stadium, Fiszman by the way is far from stingy, he works all the year round and only takes £5,000 from the club for tax reasons. :shades:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
god no. hes not better then almunia or lehman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
As good as Van Der SAar is... i believe he is too old and just a stop gap. Any idea on how Stack and Taylor are doing on loan?

wenger should either call them back... or sell the 2 and buy a new keeper... and while he is at it... maybe dump one of Almunia and Lehman.... who really good shot stoppers but too prone to calamity....
DAVID 'CALAMITY' JAMES anyone?
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top