1 - 20 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
SUper signing... :dazed: The hottest player in the Holland league... He must be a starter... I just wonder who will be benched. Giuly? How will be the lineup?

Holland era comes again. :D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Giuly! no way, he won't be benched. I am sure the board figured out that we need a deeper squad, and we need quality backup players, and not some reserve palyers from Barca B. Van Bommel is a quality player, I am sure he will rotate with Xavi and Deco, I am sure that Rijkaard will experiment with him in the defensive midfielder position at first.

Ofcourse, that is if he signs for us!

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
While it sounds like it's for sure, it's not done and dusted yet.

As for Giuly, he may well be benched as we're looking for someone who plays out on the right.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I don't see why Giuly has to be benched, lately he has been playing much better.. still not as good as in the beginning of the season though :)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Mark van Bommel is a physical midfielder, not an attacker like Giuly. I think much will depend on the opponent and the fighting spirit of the squad. He's physical and a leader when it comes to taking on a battle. IMO he'll be more influencial than Davids was last year...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
He's not a leader like Ronaldinho who sets out the lines and makes the decisions. He's the one who will lead the fighting, like Davids. He's the steel in the midfield we can use very well. :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
-----------------------Valdes-----------------------
---------------Puyol------------MILITO!-------------
---Belletti--------------------------------Sylvinho---
----------------------van Bommel-------------------
-------------Xavi---------------------Deco---------
----Giuly---------------------Gaucho----------------
-----------------------Pichichi----------------------

That's what I'd go with if I were Riijkaard.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
How cut and dried is this? Last reports I heard made it sound almost certain that Van Bommel was about to sign for Tottenham. They're being linked with Rosicky now though so perhaps this has something to do with it.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I think having Van Bommel in Barca is good, he can rotat with Deco and Xavi, and we also could have a good sub for the CM position.

yet, I want to have Gerrard from Liverpool, I'll feel sick if I see him sign for Madrid :(

man Gerrard is a great leader, and he can play as DM, just watch liverpool games, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Visca el Barca :strong: :heart:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Barca King said:
I think having Van Bommel in Barca is good, he can rotat with Deco and Xavi, and we also could have a good sub for the CM position.

yet, I want to have Gerrard from Liverpool, I'll feel sick if I see him sign for Madrid :(

man Gerrard is a great leader, and he can play as DM, just watch liverpool games, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Visca el Barca :strong: :heart:
I don't want Gerrard. He scores a lot of goals, but he can't built the game as Xavi or Deco, he's much more chaotic. I don't care if he signs for Madrid. The "Spanish midfields" are not the English midfields. He would be another Beckham. I would be "afraid", if they signed Lampard, who is extraordinary, but not Gerrard.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
what about buyin sum wingas :nono:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
It's not like there was big use for real wingers. Barça score most of the goals through the middle, due to Ronaldinho's and Deco's sheer genius ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't beleive this story, van Bommel cannot be stupid enough to turn down the mighty Tottenham Hotspur :eekani: it just doesn't add up. :shades:

1 - 20 of 473 Posts