Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
London, April 8 (Bloomberg) -- Arsenal is preparing a 25 million-pound ($35.5 million) bid for PSV Eindhoven defender Kevin Hofland and midfield teammate Mark van Bommel, the Sun reported.

Arsenal wants to sign a goalkeeper, two defenders, two midfielders and a striker this summer, including Juventus forward David Trezeguet, Rangers captain Barry Ferguson and Tottenham full back Stephen Carr, according to the Sun.

The paper said Hofland ``seemed destined'' to join Manchester United for 10 million pounds but Wenger's move for the 22-year-old Dutchman puts his transfer to Old Trafford in doubt.

Has there been any news in Holland about this bid?
Do you think it will happen?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
No reliable sources have picked up the news yet and Van Bommel said last week that they weren't any real offers yet made for him eventhough he stands open for bids.

It looks like a false rumour to me, but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It looks like a bargain to me:D

There might be some truth in it. Van Bommel could replace Vieira, should he decide to leave. Hofland seemed destined to go to MU, but he more or less demands a place in the first 11 in case he is fit, in other words he hates the rotation system. I wonder if Ferguson likes that.

I heard Trez costs more than € 80m, so that will only happen when traded with Vieira. Where does Arsenal get the money, they'll be building a new stadium, aren't they?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, if arsenal wanna buy trez, hoflnad, van bommel (who was bidded at 25 mill by lazio alone last week) and the rest, i think Vieira, Henry and Pires might be on there way out.

80 mill pounds for trez is very high, higher than ZZ by like 23 million pounds.......arsenal havent got that cash.

·
Registered
597 Posts
sennafan said:
It looks like a bargain to me:D

Definately a bargain.

Van Bommel and Hofland together is worth much more than £25 mills. I'd say like £35-40 mills would be OK to sell them for...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vieira has said he is staying, so Im not sure where the money is gonna come from. Although Arsenal do have at least £30 million to spend this summer. Hofland is said to be rated at £10 million, and he is the one Arsenal really need with Adams set to retire in the summer. We don't really need Van Bommel because we have Vieira, Van Bronckhorst, Edu, Parlour who play in the same position, but would still like to see him at Arsenal.
As for Trezeguet I very much don't we will get him this summer, but he will become an Arsenal player in the future.

bTW, apart from Dutch teams, who do people in Holland like to support?

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Goonermc said:

bTW, apart from Dutch teams, who do people in Holland like to support?
That's hard to say, I support Barcelona and a lot of other people support Real Madrid.
I don't really have a favourite English team, I don't care if ManU, Arsenal or Liverpool wins the league, ManU has RvN, Arsenal GvB and Bergkamp and Liverpool has Litmanen.
I don't really follow the Italian league but it's nice to see that Inter is back but I also support Juventus a bit. Roma has lost my sympathy since they were in the same group as Barcelona.
The rest of the foreign leagues I don't really follow, in Germany I support Schalke'04 but that's it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Millwall FC :devil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts