Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skysports said:
Athletic Bilbao boss Ernesto Valverde has hinted he would be ready to switch allegiances and manage Basque rivals Real Sociedad next term.
Valverde's contract with Athletic expires at the end of the season, and he has already revealed he will not be signing a new one.
It was a major surprise when Valverde revealed he would be departing Bilbao, but, given his record, there is likely to be no shortage of offers for him to consider in the summer.
The 41-year-old stepped into his first senior managerial role when he took charge at Athletic almost two years ago and guided the club to European qualification in his first season.
The Basque outfit still have a realistic chance of repeating that feat this time around, but Valverde will be seeking a fresh challenge regardless.
Recent speculation has linked him with a move to Sociedad - who have endured a mediocre season under the stewardship of Jose Mari Amorrortu - and Valverde admits he will consider all avenues open to him.
"I am not closing any doors," he told Marca.
"I have never said I would not coach Real (Sociedad) or any other team.
"I don't know what could happen in the future, but I am not going to disrespect any team, not least Real, because there is no reason to do it.
"All teams are good, I am in one of the best and I am happy where I am, above all until June 30. Then we shall see."
Valverde also insisted he had yet to receive any offers with regard to next season.
When asked if his future was still up in the air, he continued: "For the moment, yes.
"I do not have any offer from any teams despite what people are saying."
Could this be serious?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
I don´t know, taking in mind we play Erreala this weekend I wouldn´t pay a lot of attention to it. Although it´s normal that teams want Txingurri, he´s done well but I think Amorrortu is doing well in Erreala too, just have to see all those rookies giving such a good level.

Anyway, if true, that would be a great step back in Txingu´s coach career.;):devil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts