Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is said that in spain, valeron is somehow like zidane on the field.
to be big-headed as a madridista, i find zidane the best in all the footballers this generation.
some including me name valeron "spanish zidane".
do you think whether it is suitable or overrated?

personally, valeron is one of the best makemakers beside zidane.
he deserves this praise.
but there still are aspects that valeron should make perfect such as shooting and long pass.
frankly, i can find these from zidane, but can't in valeron.

moreover, i can think of what will be espana without valeron.
how you rate valeron?

V

·
0 Posts
I think Valeron is a world class playmaker, he's not Zidane but is from the same level like players as Scholes, Micoud, Aimar.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Scholes is almost a forward and Micoud? Don't make me laugh :D

To me, when Valerón is in his unstoppable form (when every attempt to stop him ends in a foul), I rate his playmaking abilities even higher than Zidane's. But Zidane's consistency is what he needs most. Also he's not as strong and doesn't have as good shots.

It's really difficult to compare him to the other great playmakers.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Valerón is very underrated, IMO. When he's at 100%, he can be unstoppable. He can be as efficient as Zidane. He can be as beautiful as Zidane. But he's the anti-star, very shy out of the field. I think he doesn't know his importance in Deportivo and for sure he doesn't know his importance in the Spanish NT. This is his big problem.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
He doesn't know his importance in Deportivo? How come? He simply is the most important player and it's not possible that he's not aware of it but he doesn't act as a star, rather like a team player and that is positive, not negative. Irureta has no stars, only team players, that's the way it works.

·
40,147 Posts
bailemos said:
He doesn't know his importance in Deportivo? How come? He simply is the most important player and it's not possible that he's not aware of it but he doesn't act as a star, rather like a team player and that is positive, not negative. Irureta has no stars, only team players, that's the way it works.
Not really, I think he consider himself as another player of the team. But I think he underrates him, he doesn't act as a leader. But he's great.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Now I understand, that's two different things. Of course he knows his value to the team on the pitch but stays humble in interviews. But you're right that he's not a leader and doesn't have a personality for that. Like Aimar is a leader at Valencia, he is obviously not and will never become. The strong figures are Mauro and Naybet. That doesn't disturb Valerón from always giving 100% performances though.

He's also known for his moderate views. For example he reminds the fans of the greatness of the achieved things and says that it's alright if we don't win every match, we are not galacticos and fans shouldn't become too demanding. Lack of ambition possibly but I don't blame him for being realistic.

·
40,147 Posts
bailemos said:
Now I understand, that's two different things. Of course he knows his value to the team on the pitch but stays humble in interviews. But you're right that he's not a leader and doesn't have a personality for that. Like Aimar is a leader at Valencia, he is obviously not and will never become. The strong figures are Mauro and Naybet. That doesn't disturb Valerón from always giving 100% performances though.

He's also known for his moderate views. For example he reminds the fans of the greatness of the achieved things and says that it's alright if we don't win every match, we are not galacticos and fans shouldn't become too demanding. Lack of ambition possibly but I don't blame him for being realistic.
Perhaps it's difficult to ask Depor for victories, we all know what Deportivo is in our football. They were in Segunda 13 years ago, they've never did anything before and thye've been the best team of the last 5 season, in terms of titles. Sometimes it's good to have memory to know that, even if they don't win the title, they give the 110%.

But he could be more important with the NT, he tends to disappear in the international tournaments. That's why he's not considered so big. Anyway, when he's in the match, he can be (or he is) as definitive as Zidane.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just wanna say he deserves more, nonono, not only more, but much more!!!
probably he is the greatest in the espana national team......of coz besides raul.
no casillas, there is canizares.
no hegluera, it is cesar of deportivo. no baraja, it is albelda. no torres, tristan. no reyes, it is luque, vicente. there are at least three waiting for each position in the team.
what a great competition!

but i think only raul and valeron are only unsubstitutable. (but i will not talk of raul here as this topic is for valeron.)
however, it may be positive that valeron is underrated.
why? if famous or highly rated, he would be bet like makaay being sold to germany.
and he will not be over-proud and too confident.
i don't wanna see valeron to become another ronaldinho.
you can see what mess he is now in barca.

by the way, how you rate another deportivo miracle djalminha?
i like him and think he suffers the same...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
No, Djalminha if anything is the opposite. He Knows how good he is, if anything what you would expect of him judging by his attitude, came true. The guy was playing Austria:eek: . No offense but... that's pretty bad to be considered one of the best players in the Spanish league at one point.

About Valeron,he really is underated IMO. As a human, a player and an Athlete he is overall an amazing person. Always smiling, always being the nice guy, we need more people like him in soccer who are more concerned about the team and making the fans happy than the incredible contract.

Speaking ability wise, some games I truly believe he is a genius. If you understand the playmaker, you realise the most important thing is that last pass which leads to the goal, which he has over most of the people meanchened, except Zidane.

If he played for a more profiled i.e bigger club, he would be incredibly publisised. Hopefully a big Euro 2004 will get him deserved credit.

·
40,147 Posts
ÉÃMadridistaÉÃ said:
i just wanna say he deserves more, nonono, not only more, but much more!!!
probably he is the greatest in the espana national team......of coz besides raul.
no casillas, there is canizares.
no hegluera, it is cesar of deportivo. no baraja, it is albelda. no torres, tristan. no reyes, it is luque, vicente. there are at least three waiting for each position in the team.
what a great competition!

but i think only raul and valeron are only unsubstitutable. (but i will not talk of raul here as this topic is for valeron.)
however, it may be positive that valeron is underrated.
why? if famous or highly rated, he would be bet like makaay being sold to germany.
and he will not be over-proud and too confident.
i don't wanna see valeron to become another ronaldinho.
you can see what mess he is now in barca.

by the way, how you rate another deportivo miracle djalminha?
i like him and think he suffers the same...
You see it different that Sáez, it's true we have many different options in the midfield. But lately there's a great debate here. Sáez plays with a 4-2-3-1 system. So in this system Valerón and Raúl play in the same place. Raúl could play as striker too, but the madridista plays more comfortable in the attacking midfield place and Torres is pushing a lot for being the 9. So Valerón and Raúl only play together when Raúl is the striker.

About 2 or 3 players for possition... in defense we don't have many resources. Puyol is playing in the left back, when he's right back or central defender. Helguera feels more comfortable with Puyol. But who's the left back? Sáez doesn't trust in Juanfran or Raúl Bravo, here we have a problem, because Puyol's performances have a lower level in this place.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Valeron is a great great player ! He has one problem though.........he is a moody player, meaning that he only plays well when he feels like performing but he has all the attributes of a great soccer player. He is with Zidane, Ronaldinho, Totti, Nedved as the best playmakers in the world

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Koeman4 said:
About 2 or 3 players for possition... in defense we don't have many resources. Puyol is playing in the left back, when he's right back or central defender. Helguera feels more comfortable with Puyol. But who's the left back? Sáez doesn't trust in Juanfran or Raúl Bravo, here we have a problem, because Puyol's performances have a lower level in this place.
How about Del Horno?

·
Registered
76 Posts
the problem with diego is i feel that he doesnt love playing....he plays always with no fun, he doesnt make you feel how ronaldinho makes you feel when he plays..always having a good time and enjoying playing but with tristan it is like hes thinking of which disco he is going to go after the game

·
Registered
76 Posts
Kiyan said:
At first I was gonna make a new thread but I suppose I could just put it in here.

Valeron has extended his contract until 2010, in which then he will probably retire after.

it is such good news !!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts