Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of the most gifted young stars in Seria A. One has the speed the other the finishing ability. Oba has been really important in his NT in the ANC where he lead the Nigerian national squad to the Semi final but failed to impress so far this season with Inter. He has faced a huge challenge since he plays with Adrianno who although is not in form is not criticized as much as Oba.
While Bojinov has been in facing quite bad conditions in both club and country in the last year. He was left out of the Bulgarian NT in key matches because of some problems with the coach but is rehabilitated, he faced even bigger problems in Violla but he has dumped down his pride and humbly admitted he was wrong. Now Violla once again gives him a chance and with 3 goals in the last 2 matches it seems that he is back in form like his glory days in Lecce.
So who would you pick for your team the young Nigerian who has speed but his finishing ability has to improve or Bojinov who has immense talent but quite a problem with his attitude although is now seemingly got passed it.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
luba said:
unfortunately not the only Bulgarian player with such problems
he needs to watch his ego
Stoichkov has a bigger ego than Bojinov. But then again Boji doesnt seem to have the full tallent Hristo possessed. Still a fab player in a making if he can keep it all together. So is Martins! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
To be honest you answered the question yourself when you said one has the speed and one can finish, you take the striker that can finish, all attitude problems aside. Bojinov can score the acrobatic goals, while Martins is a predator in the box that can't finish. He's like Pippo Inzaghi, without the scoring, and the instinct. And while he does have the speed, if he wants to become an effective striker he needs to drop all this nonsense of a support striker and play right up against the defense, and not in a withdrawn role. Start getting offsides against him, because right now all he does is do semi-effective passes, and semi-effective dummies, as a support striker to Adriano and nothing else, as his vaunted speed can rarely catch up to balls when the defender has 10 steps on him.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
:stuckup: Bojinov :stuckup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
you guys really think martins is a young player?? there were rumours that nigerian players are lying about there ages :D i thinbk martins is 28 years old =P

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
bono said:
Stoichkov has a bigger ego than Bojinov. But then again Boji doesnt seem to have the full tallent Hristo possessed. Still a fab player in a making if he can keep it all together. So is Martins! :thumbsup:
not really bono i dont agree... when stoichkov was bojinov's age he was still stuck in bulgaria, while bojinov is already in one of the most historic teams in italy, and he is only 20, so you cant say that... bojinov is a real talent and after falling out with the club he is finally back.. lets hope he keeps it up.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Agga said:
you guys really think martins is a young player?? there were rumours that nigerian players are lying about there ages :D i thinbk martins is 28 years old =P
yeah now that i think about it he does look a little bit older :howler:
so that means martins will retire when he is 28-29 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Martins really hasn't made any noise lately and many are beginning to say that he is a flop. Bojinov is proving with every game that he may be something special.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
ac_milan_foreva said:
not really bono i dont agree... when stoichkov was bojinov's age he was still stuck in bulgaria, while bojinov is already in one of the most historic teams in italy, and he is only 20, so you cant say that... bojinov is a real talent and after falling out with the club he is finally back.. lets hope he keeps it up.
Of course Boji has the talent! I am just not sure he has the full package like Hristo did. We shall see. I do think Valeri is better than Martins, in case you got my post wrong.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Levato_Italia said:
To be honest you answered the question yourself when you said one has the speed and one can finish, you take the striker that can finish, all attitude problems aside. Bojinov can score the acrobatic goals, while Martins is a predator in the box that can't finish. He's like Pippo Inzaghi, without the scoring, and the instinct. And while he does have the speed, if he wants to become an effective striker he needs to drop all this nonsense of a support striker and play right up against the defense, and not in a withdrawn role. Start getting offsides against him, because right now all he does is do semi-effective passes, and semi-effective dummies, as a support striker to Adriano and nothing else, as his vaunted speed can rarely catch up to balls when the defender has 10 steps on him.
Spot on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
poor obafemi... I will stand up for my country man! Martins is a legend, Just cast your minds eye back to that Champions league game at Arsenal, When Martins took apart Arsenal single handedly(Jern will remember :) ). He is a bit inconsistent. But he has great ability, and I agree with the dude that said that he wasnt being used properly. Give the boy a chance, he will come good. And ps, altough he looks like a 40 year old gremlin... Im pretty sure he is a youngster! :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts