Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Bust

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know, the lad went to Parma and made his debut today.

How do you all see his season ending up?
Will he be in Serie B next season?
Is he a flop in the making or will he become a regular in Serie A?

It's tough for me to believe that he will be a Serie A player next season. He's also a "stick man". Stoian, Dragus were far more physically prepared and they suffered. Vlad Dragomir another player far more prepared for big league football and he ended up in Serie C.

Does the kid have what it takes to mature quickly? Was the transfer premature? Or maybe he's the next Ronaldo.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,627 Posts
Dragomir Stoian and Dragus all had/have mental issues and/of lacking football IQ, Mihaila is more serious than all of them and is a polyvalent player. Dragomir accepted to play in Serie C and even there comes off the bench a lot... Mihaila is way ahead than he ever got with U21s too, and never had any senior level football experience before Perugia in Serie B. He’s simply unlucky with that injury..

How people can be so reactionary after literally his first 15 minutes in a new league at 20 years old, after months of recovery from pubalgia surgery and only fully training with the team last month..

Ianis is 22 playing for Rangers in EL and he had many more chances to prove himself. Mihaila is 2 years younger and will get chances in Serie A again this season, no doubt. Parma probably don’t relegate either IMO although they do need a new coach (Liverani apparently insulted some players from the touchline too, shit attitude)

Mihaila needs to grow physically sure but everyone said same about Neymar some years ago.. not comparing their skills but you get my point... he will get there

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dragomir Stoian and Dragus all had/have mental issues and/of lacking football IQ, Mihaila is more serious than all of them and is a polyvalent player. Dragomir accepted to play in Serie C and even there comes off the bench a lot... Mihaila is way ahead than he ever got with U21s too, and never had any senior level football experience before Perugia in Serie B. He’s simply unlucky with that injury..

How people can be so reactionary after literally his first 15 minutes in a new league at 20 years old, after months of recovery from pubalgia surgery and only fully training with the team last month..

Ianis is 22 playing for Rangers in EL and he had many more chances to prove himself. Mihaila is 2 years younger and will get chances in Serie A again this season, no doubt. Parma probably don’t relegate either IMO although they do need a new coach (Liverani apparently insulted some players from the touchline too, shit attitude)

Mihaila needs to grow physically sure but everyone said same about Neymar some years ago.. not comparing their skills but you get my point... he will get there
Its not about today. They paid a large sum for a star player on a 5 year deal. If they relegate and he is a bust, he has a four year term that they will try and offload.

This to me was a horrible move and way too early. Dennis Man could do well at Parma and impact their relegation battle. Mihaila is a junior player for any big 5 league. He didn't even make the previous u21 squad at the finals did he not?

They're not going to wait 3 years on 6m and salaries for 36 months for him to begin performing.

He's also a player that depends on his pace. When he puts on 30lbs, will he still be agile? Will he lose his greatest asset? We will see but he has already lost half a season nearly and Craiova is looking like a group of pirates on the transfer fee.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,627 Posts
Its not about today. They paid a large sum for a star player on a 5 year deal. If they relegate and he is a bust, he has a four year term that they will try and offload.

This to me was a horrible move and way too early. Dennis Man could do well at Parma and impact their relegation battle. Mihaila is a junior player for any big 5 league. He didn't even make the previous u21 squad at the finals did he not?

They're not going to wait 3 years on 6m and salaries for 36 months for him to begin performing.

He's also a player that depends on his pace. When he puts on 30lbs, will he still be agile? Will he lose his greatest asset? We will see but he has already lost half a season nearly and Craiova is looking like a group of pirates on the transfer fee.
Mihaila has 5 goals and 1 assist for the U21s in 6 games and would probably have more if not for the injury (plus the senior call up).

Man has 6 and 4 assists in 20 matches, he was not very impactful at the Euros last summer either (which Mihaila was only 19 for a few months at the time, and blew up last season right after that). His stats that season were the same as Man who was older

If we can say Man has what it takes to make an impact at Parma then it’s unfair to call Mihaila a bust imo. He’s played all but 15 mins, the injury wasn’t his fault. Give it time. The kid has a good head and is polyvalent, a good talent. All he needs to do is beef up a bit and stay focused, which Man would have to do too

And I don’t think he’ll lose a ton of his pace by putting on some muscle, if anything he can be even faster, look at Adama Traore (yes genetics etc but look at how he was when he was younger, Mihaila doesn’t need to become so big to do well anyway)

Craiova aren’t pirates really, we sold our second best player at the time with a big potential, in today’s market and considering clubs pay for potential, it was acceptable. They weren’t going to let him go for pennies, and look what Gigi has been asking for Man for years now despite similar stats until this season..

Also Parma don’t need to wait 3 years and whatever months for him to start performing, hows that when he’s only played 15 mins? If every club looked at their young players the same way after a short debut on return from injury ... I really wonder how they would see such players every break into the lineup or sell for profit.

It’s not his last minutes in the league lol, not saying he’s guaranteed to be a top player but just be patient man

Reactions: NoName

·
Registered
17,140 Posts
This thread already wants to answer itself. IMO Mihaila could have stayed a bit more.in Liga I. It's amazing Parma paid so much, and it was hard to refuse. He has what it takes, but we never know about his adaptation.

For Coman and Man I would vow, for the rest we must wait (probably a few months) and see

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thread already wants to answer itself. IMO Mihaila could have stayed a bit more.in Liga I. It's amazing Parma paid so much, and it was hard to refuse. He has what it takes, but we never know about his adaptation.

For Coman and Man I would vow, for the rest we must wait (probably a few months) and see
The real worry is if there will be patience for the kid or not. He will either transform and be that one out of dozens that actually makes it or he will be an expensive flop they try to flip after this season.

I figured that he should have a thread to track our opinions on him and his journey. He doesn't have a daddy to bail him out. What's unique about this situation is that Parma may be desperate to recoup some cash if they continue to lose. They're not rich and if he doesn't perform quickly, maybe there won't be patience for him. 6m is a very big price tag for Parma.

His physique is going to struggle in this league. That's main concern one. Adapting is the next step.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,627 Posts
The real worry is if there will be patience for the kid or not. He will either transform and be that one out of dozens that actually makes it or he will be an expensive flop they try to flip after this season.

I figured that he should have a thread to track our opinions on him and his journey. He doesn't have a daddy to bail him out. What's unique about this situation is that Parma may be desperate to recoup some cash if they continue to lose. They're not rich and if he doesn't perform quickly, maybe there won't be patience for him. 6m is a very big price tag for Parma.

His physique is going to struggle in this league. That's main concern one. Adapting is the next step.
Their losses so far have nothing to do with him. They’ll hire a new manager and they won’t relegate imo

Why wouldn’t they have patience with a 20 year old they paid so much? They would lose more by selling him off after half a season than waiting Imo, even if they relegated.

When they signed him they said he’s there for long term development, lets just see how he plays the rest of this season in the chances he gets

And we know what sets him apart from the dozens that failed as you said, he’s polyvalent and mentally focused, driven, serious. Physical is something that can be improved in the gym, which I think he can do

I agree that it was a surprise for him to leave so early, but don’t think it means he fails, give the kid a chance ffs

Reactions: NoName

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Their losses so far have nothing to do with him. They’ll hire a new manager and they won’t relegate imo

Why wouldn’t they have patience with a 20 year old they paid so much? They would lose more by selling him off after half a season than waiting Imo, even if they relegated.

When they signed him they said he’s there for long term development, lets just see how he plays the rest of this season in the chances he gets

And we know what sets him apart from the dozens that failed as you said, he’s polyvalent and mentally focused, driven, serious. Physical is something that can be improved in the gym, which I think he can do

I agree that it was a surprise for him to leave so early, but don’t think it means he fails, give the kid a chance ffs
Hagi has moved 3? Times and still isn't established. I hope the kid does well but it doesn't look good.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,627 Posts
Hagi has moved 3? Times and still isn't established. I hope the kid does well but it doesn't look good.
Hagi is Hagi, he didn’t play at 18/19 years old for Fiorentina, I don’t think Mihaila will move around like he did

Mihaila will probably find his feet next season, right now he’ll mostly be coming off the bench and hopefully contributing here and there. I don’t see what looks so bad about it, the fact that a 20yo kid from Liga 1 was injured since he came to the club and still got to play when he recovered? Meh. You never know what can happen in football, of course, but I’m not as worried as with say Coman, Dragus, Matan are doing / would do with their mentalities and what not

Yeah, I hope so too. Definitely not gonna be the judge just yet, Parma are a mess and in need of a new manager. Let’s see what they do

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
If you don't try you can't/won't even find out if you would've failed/succeeded...I believe that if he can't make it now, he would've probably not made it in 2 years either. Therefore I'm 100% for this move. If he's good enough he'll prevail, if not we were wrong and he just wasn't that good (of course there are exceptions but in general)

There have been many players with similar (or even worse) physique in the top 5 leagues who did well...Benayoun, Shaarawy,....that doesn't mean he shouldn't try to become more athletic, just that it's just one part of many in football. For success your "head" is probably even more important than your body...and Romania had many players fail due to one or both reasons...let's wait and see, he played 15 minutes...nothing happened yet...the season is still long.

I have higher hopes with Mihaila than with Coman...

·
Registered
17,140 Posts
If you don't try you can't/won't even find out if you would've failed/succeeded...I believe that if he can't make it now, he would've probably not made it in 2 years either. Therefore I'm 100% for this move. If he's good enough he'll prevail, if not we were wrong and he just wasn't that good (of course there are exceptions but in general)

There have been many players with similar (or even worse) physique in the top 5 leagues who did well...Benayoun, Shaarawy,....that doesn't mean he shouldn't try to become more athletic, just that it's just one part of many in football. For success your "head" is probably even more important than your body...and Romania had many players fail due to one or both reasons...let's wait and see, he played 15 minutes...nothing happened yet...the season is still long.

I have higher hopes with Mihaila than with Coman...
Timming is important aswell. An early bad experience can cause problems. First of all we must see if he'll get chances, what will the team's situation be, what kind of expectations they will have...certainly we need time to judge if it was good or not. But you are right that they must try.

So many players have failed or didn't even get to that level that it's hard not to be skeptic. It has to change at some point

·
Registered
70,229 Posts
Valentin Mihăilă, lăudat de italieni chiar și după un eșec: „Viteză și personalitate. Unicul aspect pozitiv al Parmei”

Gazzetta dello Sport l-a ales cel mai bun jucător al galben-albaștrilor după 0-3 la Bergamo cu Atalanta. 80 de minute de „curaj. Are viteză și tupeu”. Nota 6, cea mai mare la oaspeți.
La rândul său, Parma Live a evidențiat „personalitatea românului. Singurul care a încercat să creeze pericol”. Pentru „Parma Today”, Mihăilă are „viteză, personalitate și idei. Un jucător interesant”.

I want to remark that he was very disciplined too, helping in the defensive actions. He did well on and off the ball.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Valentin Mihăilă, lăudat de italieni chiar și după un eșec: „Viteză și personalitate. Unicul aspect pozitiv al Parmei”

Gazzetta dello Sport l-a ales cel mai bun jucător al galben-albaștrilor după 0-3 la Bergamo cu Atalanta. 80 de minute de „curaj. Are viteză și tupeu”. Nota 6, cea mai mare la oaspeți.
La rândul său, Parma Live a evidențiat „personalitatea românului. Singurul care a încercat să creeze pericol”. Pentru „Parma Today”, Mihăilă are „viteză, personalitate și idei. Un jucător interesant”.

I want to remark that he was very disciplined too, helping in the defensive actions. He did well on and off the ball.
They didn't even play him today.

·
Registered
17,140 Posts
He was doing well on the left, but he was moved to the right. That's a problem because he was bought because of his performances as LW. But at least he is taking advantage of the chances

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He played like 15 minutes, probably less than what he deserved. Anyway, he did well again. He's showing a better level than what I expected.
Why pay so much money and barely use the kid? Aren't they trying to avoid relegation? I don't understand the logic. If they spent 1 or 2m on him, I get it. Parma isn't flowing with cash

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,627 Posts
They didn't even play him today.
Lol dude he was their third best player of the game, he played less than he should have but it’s a new coach, tough opponent, and Gervinho the teams star is back

Enough with this agenda. Last two games he’s been a bright spot in the team. And that’s amazing to me in the circumstances (20yo first minutes outside of Liga 1 after months of injury)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,627 Posts
Why pay so much money and barely use the kid? Aren't they trying to avoid relegation? I don't understand the logic. If they spent 1 or 2m on him, I get it. Parma isn't flowing with cash
Dude, have some patience man. This kid wasn’t going to save the day vs Lazio, their defence has to do more. He is going to play more soon, the reason is Gervinho is back in the team and for the other spots new coach probably wanted to trust experience (Sohm and Kurtic) for his first game against a big team.. starting Mihaila here was a risk for him

But now he’s impressed he will probably get more time next week, maybe starter soon

Also note Cyprien one of their better players got benched all game today

1 - 20 of 28 Posts